1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Dekker "Pass that s#!+!, Pass that s#!+!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Because you are ignorant.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe there should be less criticism but I think it is normal to see critical voices in competitive sports and inside a forum related to competitive sports.

If you are all on top, I guess even the Cavs and Warriors have some weaknesses

3. And1redux

And1redux Member

So we have no right to complain when we drop 6 games in the last 9 games? Suppose a wealthy man begins to lose his savings by the millions every month, by your logic he should totally be content with that because uh he's still wealthy right? Except soon he won't be if that trend continues.

I see so many people here making this stupid argument and it just makes me scratch my head. Yes, the Rockets were rolling as a team early in the season, but we absolutely suck right now. Obviously the criticism is levied at our recent performance, not the overall record.

[​IMG]

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

it's more about irrationally defending a guy no matter what. like, just admit harden isn't playing well right now. is that so difficult?

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

ding ding ding.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fixed it for you. No charge.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

if you were a rockets fanboy. you wouldn't have a problem getting on harden when he plays poorly.....

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not defending Harden no matter what, just defending against the fanboys who are aghast at him yelling at a f'ing role player.

9. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Good post. Hopefully the knee-jerk reaction harden haters will listen. It's fine to be critical of a player, but to say he's the root of our issues is dumb af. We're way ahead of where we thought the team would be at this point in the season and we've had a ruthless schedule. People need to chill.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This relates to two posts I made that was not warmly received by some (not all!)

1. Harden needs to be a more supportive and positive leader. Body language and words of encouragement can go a long way for a teammate and role player, especially a young guy like Dekker. Something like this does no good.

2. Dekker is not the type of player to help us win playoff games, and he has had some good individual games. If I was to make a trade, I would most definitely be willing to include Sam in there to increase the value of our assets. Not saying Sam plus a pick will get us a star, but I wouldn't shy away from slightly improving and addressing our needs because of Sam's future potential.

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Playing poorly is one thing, but playing tired is another thing entirely, think of the schedule, short rotation and heaviest usage in NBA. The starting 7 are playing on fumes and its not just Harden who is struggling. And even as inefficient as he was, he still put up superstar numbers. Sometimes the expectations are completely unrealistic even from so-called Rockets fans.

What do you think happens to this team if Harden is rested, like Cavs do with Lebron/Love/Irving, GSW does in 4th or SA does regularly in regular season. You think Rockets are bad with tired Harden, imagine them with NO Harden.

T for 3 likes this.
  12. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Exactly. Bunch of morons. Houston has the absolute worst fans. More people taking up for 2 year player Dekker than the ****ing MVP candidate.

This place is pathetic.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Wouldn't it be cool if we had the two journalists that are traveling with the team, Feigen & Watkins, talk to Harden and Dekker about the incident to bring some context to the situation? Just sayin

14. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Thank You. Finally someone on this forum with some gotdamn sense. To many losers here.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

you seem you keep bringing this up. you saw 30 and 12 but the true story of his game yesterday was not superstar numbers at all and that's evident by anyone who watched the game from start to finish. He had a horrible game on both ends.

Funny thing is the board is probably making it a bigger deal than what even harden and dekker are themselves. Games over. time to move on. I fully expect the rockets to regroup tomorrow against philly as I mentioned in the game thread before the boston game even took place.

D-rock likes this.
  16. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

I love James on this team, but one disconcerting thing is that he's quick to throw players under the bus, on the court. Whenever he misses a defensive assignment, he blames another player.

Own up to it dude.

T for 3 and Zoplicone like this.
  17. basketballholic

T for 3 likes this.
  18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

bro maybe have should have rested? the rockets best stretch in that game was with him on the bench. we built a double digit lead! and I am not saying we are better overall without harden, but maybe he should rest if hes gonna play like he did last night?

19. Mr Chuck Norris

Bunch of crybabies. Every team slumps. We have injuries and our best player is playing a brand new position this year with a brand new head coach. Remember we weren't supposed to be this good. The fact that dekker is even at the forefront of your imaginations is due to harden. I don't understand how him saying pass the ball is a bad thing. Harden and his 30-12 is slumping, the whole team is slumping. It's happens big deal. It's a long season. There is a break coming up for everyone to get healthy and everyone to get rest. Relax. On top of that we're missing 19 PPG off the bench. Remember these guys are humans not robots.

Balldon'tlie and D-rock like this.
  20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

This sounds like a guy who is ok with getting bounced in the 2nd round....

BigShasta likes this.