1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Dekker "Pass that s#!+!, Pass that s#!+!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Dekker, Ariza, and Anderson were the Reason the Rockets even had a chance.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

there's nothing that warranted a tech from Jerebko. Natural reaction when your bleeding obviously. That was one of those fluke incidents. Neither side is really at fault. An accident nothing more.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  3. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

You're creating a false narrative that I'm agreeing what Harden was doing last night is ok. I'm just arguing that what happened is a non issue that for some reason when they win it's great team basketball, but when they lose then it's Harden cracking and not being the leader he should be. I didn't see any threads about Ariza yelling at Montrezl games back when he didn't call the screen at the end of the game or when Nene yells at Capela or Montrezl when they mess up thier assignment. It happens. The only difference is people putting a microscope on just Harden. Then the garbage fans come out and have a circle jerk at his expense. But during the great games they are ghost here. They played awful. The team. Not just Harden.

#183 nickb492, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

And still put up 30-12. Imagine when he does come alive again. Oh wait, no need to imagine just refer to 3 weeks ago.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

says a harden fanboy.....

6. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Yeah, I saw Jerebko throw his face into Hardens fist. I don't know why Jerebko dîdnt have a hand up
    to protect his face. I bet next time he is in traffic he protects his face. In the case of Draymond Green
    he protects the family jewels as well.

7. Mr Chuck Norris

I never understood how being a fan of the team's best player is a bad thing.

8. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I am not OK with what Harden did last night again I was at the game and saw how HE was playing. If Russell Westbrook had the same exchange with Dekker based on the way he plays EVERY game, this thread likely does not exist!

For the record I am a big fan of James Harden, but he does need to lead by example. Getting back on defense, not settling for perimeter shots, not having unnecessary turnovers, not overly relying on the refs to make calls then complaining when he does not get the calls during the game would be much more effective leadership skills than yelling at Dekker. He's learning to talk like a leader and grow, but he forgetting one basic rule that actions speaks louder than words.

Little Bit likes this.
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You guys are absolutely ****ing ridiculous, and frankly, SOFT. So what if he had a bad shooting night?? It's the ****ing NBA.....even Curry has nights where he shoots 5/18. You're saying that just because you have a bad game, you aren't allowed to expect your teammates to make the right decision with the basketball?? Especially a 2nd year player who is just learning the ropes, and has been wildly inconsistent all season?? Nothing in that video suggests that Harden is a bad teammate, or a bad leader.....in fact, I'd say it's the opposite. He obviously understands what's at stake, and feels the pressure to succeed. His defense isn't great?? Big ****ing deal.....neither is Curry's, or Westbrook's, or IT's, or any other number of guards that are expected to carry the heaviest offensive burden night in and night out. And not to mention none of those other guards play at the pace that the Rockets do.....or with the same amount of usage.

I'm not making excuses for the Rockets play as of late.....the team looks tired, and guys who were contributing at a high clip earlier have fallen off a cliff lately. There's no consistency from game to game, and Harden is very much part of that. But that does not mean he loses his voice as the undisputed leader of this team. Even on his worst night, he still accounted for 50% of the team's points. THAT'S CALLED LEADERSHIP.

BigMaloe, Hui, RocketsTerps and 6 others like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Example: my favorite tv actress is taiji p Henson. I watch a show because she is in it, but when she leave I might no longer be a fan of that show. Being a fan of a sport team u root for team all da time. Being a fan of the best player isn't bad but do u really like the team or do u just root for the player and follow him when he leaves. It just creates confliction in loyalty if u ask me.

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

If Harden gets a flagrant then Jerebko gets a tech. No one wants a bleeding man coming at them like they are about to do something. Nothing natural about that. It was an accident. Didn't Battier get T'd up in a similar incident with Kobe?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

the only reason harden got a flagrant is because of how soft the NBA has become having to review everything on the monitor. Which is completely stupid imo. Seriously has negative effects on the game. everything about that incident was natural period. And no Battier did not get T'd up. The refs didn't even know he was bleeding. He had to get the refs attention himself to stop the game so he could check out.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Like Westbrook plays every night? Westbrook is worse defensively than Harden!

D-rock likes this.
  15. Fyreball

Ok, but in this case, not only is Taraji P. Henson still on the show, but so far this season, she's putting forth an Oscar-worthy performance. Are you saying that it creates a conflict of loyalty for you to be excited about that?? Because that's what's happening here right now......

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol @ even Curry. Screw Stephen Curry.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

because being a player only fan can make people delusional which is evident around here. For many people, the actual team success is what is more important not just what a particular player does. That's what really matters at the end of the day whether a team wins or loses.

Vivi and T for 3 like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Person of interest. it's not the same after she left, I still like it but not as much.

19. Fyreball

[​IMG]

20. Mr Chuck Norris

We have the 4th best record in the NBA...... and people are whining...damn shame.

BigMaloe, MajorSeanBond and D-rock like this.