1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Dekker "Pass that s#!+!, Pass that s#!+!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden got spun around on a PnR play that was applied on him and Ariza. Thomas got by Harden with ease. Dekker didn't close or didn't pack the paint quick enough.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why did he yell "Pass that ****"? Made no sense on a defensive play.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The only current Rocket I have seen tell James to chill the hell out when he gets mad at their mistake is Bev. Dont remember the game this year when it happened (Bev turnover) but he said something like "James I got this. I know". And then Harden agreed and went to over to his man on defense.

I'm getting tired of him always doing it. I really like Harden as a player but its not a good look a lot of the time. He has the attitude of I'm the best and without me youre screwed so my turnovers are okay.

They haven't lost it. Wheel is still attached but they better win 40 before losin 20.

basketballholic likes this.
  4. Mr Chuck Norris

The by guard telling dekker to pass the ball is b****ing now?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Just wanted to show the irony of your post.

Posters criticize Harden for one single action when the team is very successful. Harden criticizes Dekker for one single mistake while the team is very successful.

For the record, I do not think Harden yelling at Dekker is a big deal. I also do not think it is wrong to criticize a player's action even when the team is doing well.

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

That's fair. hopefully it is just fatigue. we have played a tough schedule too.

MajorSeanBond likes this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

why are there no videos of Sam Dekker passing?

RocketsTerps likes this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden quit on McHale after Game 6 vs LAC.

James still tried the remainder of the postseason, but he had full intention of disrespect entering the following season.

9. RESINator

RESINator Member

Dekker better bow to the boss if he wants to play. SMH rookies...

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The Rockets losing is the only real concern.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  11. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Move along...you're off base here. And that's coming from a pessimist.

12. LjGarci

LjGarci Member

;););););)

Vivi likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The video was not about a defensive play. I have the whole game downloaded from that Boston feed. That occurred at the end of the 3rd Q. You can tell from the line-score scroll at the bottom of OPs vid. There is no other timeout prior to that replay fitting the NBA scores, except possibly a timeout at around 3 minutes left, but Dekker and Harden exchange low-fives when Boston calls that timeout.

Also, for the entire 5 minutes to end the 3rd, there is no situation where Dekker could have even passed the ball. He literally never got the ball, except a wide-open three on a play Harden passes to him, which everyone is ordered to shoot.

imso, it is at the end of the 3rd. And I see nothing, except an exchange on Harden's FTs to close quarter where he and Dekker are discussing who should take the rebounding spot on the last free throw (then Dekker replaces Brewer).

Do you guys want the vid of the last 5 minutes of Dekker and Harden playing together? I can post. But there's nothing there.

ps: this thread is weird.

BigMaloe, Easy and topfive like this.
  14. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

No, it's not "unprofessional" and shame on you for asserting that as a truth. When I see a star player doing that, I immediately gain respect for them. He obviously can't yell at himself publicly, but he's aware of his mistakes and he puts in countless hours trying to improve himself. That's what a leader does...it's about accountability and discipline. I don't care what today's media thinks of it...Harden wants to WIN. Do you know what that behavior is? It's James Harden WANTING TO ACHIEVE GREATNESS BY EVOLVING INTO A LEADER AND HOLDING HIS TEAMMATES ACCOUNTABLE, especially those who lack experience on the big stages. Harden is very smart and has an incredible basketball IQ. He knows when things could have been executed better, and that includes himself. He isn't this mean bully you guys want to make him out to be. He certainly should have earned all of his teammate's trust and respect at this point, given the season he has had and the chemistry the team has developed. He simply wants the younger players to LISTEN to him and LEARN from their mistakes as well as team mistakes, just as they would a coach. I also just want to add that I can think of an NBA coach who is notorious for yelling at his players frequently. Seems to be fairly effective there.

#254 rocketsfan611, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sheesh . . the Harden no defense thing again
    So Called fans sucked in by the old video
    and have never let up

Rocket River

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I mean they literally HATE him
    Probably the same crowd that love Tracy FIRST ROUND McGrady

Rocket River

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Very

Rocket River

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Here's the thing
    1. I have seen the video of the conflict but none of the play in question
    2. Is it possible Harden might have been correct in his assessment of the situation?????/
    3. People b****ing more about *how* he said it than even trying to see if the message was correct or not

that is sad

Rocket River

Mr Chuck Norris and Stormy1234 like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

but he doesn't LOOK like it. . . it's all about looks

Rocket River

20. BackdoorHarden

What's homophobic about my user name? It's a basketball reference.

"BACKDOOR HARDEN. HE MISSED ANOTHER DEFENSIVE ASSIGNMENT AS HE WAS BACKDOORED TO DEATH. Harden is the King of the Backdoor"- CHARLES BARKLEY

So what's so homophobic about backdoor plays? Is it because the San Francisco Warriors run the most Backdoor plays??????

rocketsfan611 likes this.