1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Donatas Motiejunas now a restricted free agent, no qualifying offer for Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 30, 2016.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He was pretty damn solid at center in 2014 / 2015. I don't know how he got injured but he as very effective when at the 5.

2. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Damn Miami just matched Tyler Johnson. Sean Marks about to drop that DMo bomb...Not looking good

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think DMo could be an excellent 4 if he can just bring some consistency to his shooting. I don't see him as a 5. I like the idea of DMo off the bench with the 2nd unit to spell Anderson at the 4. I think he's more than capable of playing that role and he should thrive in Pringles' offense. I agree, DMo will get some minutes at the 5, but I think the 4 is his natural fit.

I think we still have a big hole at the 5. A lot depends on if Capela can take a big step forward.

4. basketballholic

If we could acquire Noel and Rubio we'd fill in the rest and be a nasty bunch.

#424 basketballholic, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  5. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Ironic, wish or info?

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Didn't say he didn't.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, but maybe they'll go after Sully first, Ainge made him unrestricted so they can sign him to a normal contract (i mean without player option, trade kicker to push the other team to not match...) without waiting another team decision.

8. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Ha! I was just writing up how to make that happen... I was working Sacramento in.

HOU In: Rubio + Noel + Covington
    MN In: Rudy Gay + right to swap 1st with Houston in 2017 & 2019
    PHI In: Kostas Koufos + McDaniels + 2018 1st from HOU + 2017 2nd from HOU + rights to Llull
    SAC In: S&T Motiejunas + Brewer + Dekker + rights to Gentile

Minny might need some sweetner in this version

Houston
    Rubio // Beverley // Payton II
    Harden // Gordon // Covington
    Ariza // Beasley // Wiltjer
    Anderson // Nene // Harrell
    Noel // Capela // Onuaka

9. opticon

opticon Member

Not to crap on your idea but Rubio needs the ball in his hands to be effective and he can't shoot.

There if you divide the 96 back-court minutes by 3 you get 32 minutes.
    MDA said EGO Harden and Bev will all get starters minutes.

EGO is going to be paying more minutes at combo guard then people may realize.

10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

That's valid... I could even see reversing Beverley & Rubio to have a playmaker with the 2nd unit....

I believe you're right about EGO and (knock on wood 3X) I hope he stays healthy all season.

I just think adding Rubio & Noel gives us 10 quality players with the ability to compete with the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, etc. of the world.

If you are not playing for championships, what are you doing?? Just my $.02

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

MDA actually said he didn't know what he was going to do...just answering the question by mentioning EG and our starters.

It makes sense, but he made more of an effort to say no decisions have been made.

12. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I don't see this happening. Minnesota and Philly get robbed. The Timberwolves already have better young talent at Rudy Gay's position. The same goes for Philly. They don't need Koufos and I'm sure that even if they did, they'd rather have Noel who is arguably better than Koufos and with more upside. They already had McDaniels and didn't see him panning out, so why would they give up Covington's shooting for his non-existent shot. I don't think Rubio is really a fit here either.

13. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Very simple reason (as already mentioned)...he messed up his back playing the 5 the first time while Dwight was out. Why you would want him to potentially re-injure himself doing the exact same thing that caused his initial injury is beyond me. With back injuries, they will always be a lingering problem.

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

For Gods sake... rubio is not coming. Dude doesnt fit what we are trying to do here clearly we are trying to gather shooters..... and he is not that

15. omgTHEpotential

16. solodolo

solodolo Member

So fake

17. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather have Fredette, Stephenson and Noel. May need to trade KJ, Nanu and/or even Beasley for 2nds to clear salary. Trade Beverley, Capela, Dekker and future pick for Noel/Okafor.

Harden/Stephenson
    Gordon/Fredette
    Ariza/Brewer
    Anderson/D-mo/Harrell
    Noel (Okafor)/Nene

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's a tweet...from the future!!!

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Dont be silly, Beasley is not starting lol Ryan Anderson is