1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas now a restricted free agent, no qualifying offer for Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 30, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah or Europe.

:)

DD

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It's just holic's love affair with Rubio. Don't worry Rubio will not be a Rocket no time soon.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

He should. I mean really I think it means he'll be the tallest rocket on the floor but I don't think it means he'll be doing a shaq impersonation. Basically what he does, while being the tallest man lol

Read above, Idk about hearsay but I do know he's capable of many good things on the floor. Finding the right combos just need some time and openness to new ideas.

I don't disagree at all.

Basketball is basketball, not asking him to do backflips and handstands. If he's going to get injured it's going to happen no matter where he is on the court. Still not down with hearsay and what does that mean anyway. the pressure of filling in for Dwight broke him?

Didn't say this was a starting lineup silly pants.

4. mightybosstone

I like the Noel/Rubio idea, but there's a pretty huge hole in the theory: How are they going to do that? They barely have enough assets to acquire one of those guys, much less two. And in the event that they actually pull it off, Ariza is almost certainly included in one of those deals, so then they've got a huge gaping hole at SF.

Hate to say it, dude, but this looks more and more like a pipe dream.

5. basketballholic

I actually do think we've got enough assets for both if you include DMo as a sign-and-trade along with probably one future first rounder. And if we had them we could either move James to the 3 where he is a much better defender, and start EG as the shooting guard OR go sign Uthoff as our 3 or get Covington as a throw-in with a Noel trade and start him at the 3. That is if Dekker weren't still here.

6. elainas

elainas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I remember growing up watching Tim Duncan play dreaming one day I could emulate hisgame.ThegreatestPFever#ThankyouTD <a href="https://t.co/MXdThPFjin">pic.twitter.com/MXdThPFjin</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/752541110958895109">July 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

Motiejunas to Spurs confirmed?

8. DaDakota

Myth - playing center hurt DMo's back - no evidence to support that at all - he had a pinched nerve in his lower back that was relieved by minor surgery same thing Sam Dekker had and less than Dwight had - he will have to do some excerises his entire career to maintain - there is nothing wrong that would raise a red flag.

I mean otherwise Ryan Anderson and his broken back/neck that caused him to miss 60 games would be a concern, right?

DD

9. awc713

awc713 Member

Per Woj, Celtics rescinded Sullinger's QO, now making him an UFA. Wonder if we'd have any interest. Wouldn't be a bad piece to add if DMO leaves

10. DaDakota

Bad back - and a weight problem.

:)

DD

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's a Raptor.

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Yep he's gone. Would have been a nice add for depth.

Are we waiting on the market to dictate D Mo's contract value?

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Sully just got 1yr 6 mil gotta think Dmo is not going to sign for more than thAt.

I don't understand why we don't just offer him the 1 yr 5.6 mil QO? I mean I don't think and team is beating that offer.

14. DaDakota

He automatically has that QO offer - he can accept it at any time.

DD

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The QO is out there. He can sign it if he wants.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Sullinger to replace D-Mo? Delusional

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think the longer we go without hearing news the more likely it is that Dmo gets an offer we match or he accepts the QO . He's got heart , he's got skills, he's got smarts . I want him here . He is a team player and the only question mark is health otherwise I think he is a lock for being a solid rotational player . I think with Andersons health record Dmo is a great insurance policy and personally I just like dmo's game better than rhyno's . He's doesn't have the production or shooting but he's got those intangibles . Maybe Ryan does too .

18. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I thought DMo loved Scola tho??

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I would be plenty happy to go into the season with a 4 spot rotation of Anderson and DMo. DMo has some of the quickest feet I've seen for a guy his size, athletic enough to guard other 4's and use his height advantage. He just needs to keep working and get consistent court time. His skill-set is well suited to Pringles and I refuse to believe he can't improve his shooting.

It takes bigs longer. He's had some injuries. But he's on his way; Dmo's the one prospect we've collected over the last few years we shouldn't give up on.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Eric Bledsoe disagrees with you here.

Seriously though... I tend to agree that the timeline, and the market comp's decreasing over the past 4 days is a sign of D-Mo's market value declining, but the fact is if D-Mo and his agent push the Rockets to possibly accept the QO and leave next year AND cause issues in the locker room (something D-Mo would never do but a Markieff Morris would and has threatened) if they don't bump up his offer to them.

Even last year when the market dried up for Eric Bledsoe, he still was able to negotiate a great salary for a player that while talented, is often hurt. I THINK the D-Mo contract will be favorable to the Rockets, but there is always the ability for there to be a nasty negotiation going on behind closed doors, and The Brooklyn Nets and others could still be being used as fake or real leverage to get the Rockets to pony up.

Also - the fact that its taking so long leads me to believe that they are actively talking to the Rockets, but are far apart in deals. If that wasn't the case I would think by now they would have accepted an offer with another team (and the Rockets would or wouldn't match).