1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas now a restricted free agent, no qualifying offer for Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 30, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I agree the possibility of DMo betting on himself seems reasonable. However, if I were he (or his agent) I would be wary of the #s game of guys potentially ahead of him in MDA's rota that could depress his perceived value.

I'd still 'smile' at a 3/30, perhaps in declining amounts.

2. Airdough

Airdough Member

This would fit in with what Codman heard about Brook Lopez being a target. He could be obtained via a SnT of DMo if the Nets decided to go in a different direction.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Myers Leonard just signed to return to Portland for $41M over 4 years. Sounds like about the right money for DMo also.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Codman also implied Nene with his BRAZIL comments -- although that would include Barbosa, too. I'm sure Codman meant one of the two, not both. He might now say Lopez is no longer a target.

and fwiw: Lopez makes $21m, so a SnT likely involves salary matching with more players.

5. Airdough

Airdough Member

If Lopez was ever really a target, it was always going to take a lot of outgoing salaries. I'd rather have DMo on a cheaper contract. But this all likely moot anyway because Sullinger QO offer got pulled so the Nets could get him without having to worry if someone will match.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It's not a mythical "THEY." It's Nate Silver at 538. He began his outstanding career applying analytics to sports and moved on to include politics too. In politics he is the gold standard with regard to predictions. He correctly predicted 49 of 50 states in the 2008 election (earning him a spot as one of Time Magazine's 100 most influential people in 2009) and all 50 states in 2012. In politics no one comes close to his powers of prediction but he made his name by being smarter than anyone else about analytics as they apply to sports, especially baseball.

This is who Nate Silver is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Silver

As usual, if DD calls someone an idiot it's a pretty good bed he's actually a genius.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Did he correctly predict that Terrence Jones would be the worst PF in the NBA last season? Where was he on that one?

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

I doubt he signs anything longer than 2 years if he has no serious problems with his back.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I was looking at the Nets roster and cap situation...if i'm not wrong, and even with Miami and Portland not matching Crabbe and Johnson, they'll still have around 6 million to spend, and only four front court players under contract (Lopez, Booker, Mcculogh and Justin Hamilton)...

I'm starting to think that a poison pill x3 year is coming for D.Mo...

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If by poison pill you mean Gilbert Arenas provision, then that is not an option for DMo. The Gilbert Arenas proven only applies to players with less than 3 years of NBA experience.

11. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Portland Trail Blazers have matched Allen Crabbe's four-year, $75M offer sheet with Brooklyn, league source tells <a href="https://twitter.com/TheVertical">@TheVertical</a>.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/752247796263055360">July 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like the Nets are going to have to throw money at somebody. I have a feeling it'll be Dmo.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

They cannot poison pill DMo. Rockets have full bird rights.

They could offer him a contract like Dallas gave Parsons or they gave Crabbe...a hard to trade contract with a player option and trade kicker. But no poison pill.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, that's true, don't know how i forgot that :eek:

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i just ****ed up :grin:

15. crash5179

I forget crap all the time.

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I don't see a reason why Dmo couldn't be the 5. Personally I'd rather see him and capela on the floor than nene. Between Anderson, Beasley and Harrell I think the 4 is covered. Ariza will play some 4 as well.

Gordon-Harden-Ariza-Beasley-Motiejunas

That's a team that should get a bucket 9/10 times down the floor. The goal would be to only give up 8/10 the other way haha

17. crash5179

I think you will see DMo get over 10 minutes a game at the 5 spot.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dmo played center here but his faithful diehard fans said it caused him to get injured. Therefore, going off of what they have said, he's not physical enough to play that position.

19. malakas

malakas Member

If tyler johnson is matched as well then very possible that they throw 15 per at dmo.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

We will pay.