1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stephen A. Smith] The Rockets' upper management are throwing games.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

SAS could be right, I mean, I never seen a professional team shuffle their rotation like this before. One minute Harrell and KJ is playing meaningful minutes, then they're sent to the D-League. Dmo comes back playing 20 minutes and then he's only playing 6 minutes. Every last one of his rotations is very questionable.

I'm very disappointed

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

DMo doesn't play one minute in the Dallas game because of matchups. Come on now.

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Smith was just talking out his ass. I don't think for one second that Morey or JBB have been tanking in any way. I think certain players may not want to make the playoffs and have started to go into shutdown mode.

Bu, there is no doubt that JBB has the craziest rotations in NBA history. He really has no rotation. He seems to try something different every quarter. I've never seen anything like it.

Smith is correct that firing McHale was a huge mistake. If Morey had someone like Thibodeaux ready to take over I could understand it. But, replacing McHale with JBB makes the entire Rockets organization look silly. I'm wondering if a top coaching candidate will want to come to Houston and work for an organization that fires coaches eleven games into the season.

4. TISNF

TISNF Member

Then it makes this whole mess even sadder that they were "trying" to "win" and failed miserably. Morey is unique in that he has a history of speaking candidly, but the last few months should make you wonder whether he really understands what he's doing based on the decisions made (or not made) and his canned "we'll turn the corner and make a deep playoff run" nonsense).

Is he capable of making the right moves this off season? Judging by the moves this past year, I'm not confident anymore. I can't see how this team can be tweaked into a legitimate competitor by next year.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it would make sense if they were tanking, it was too good a matchup so they benched him.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Tweaked huh, they're about to lose over 40% of their roster this offseason. Mainly their front court players in Dmo, Howard, Smith and Jones.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You really need to give that ACT up already. It's gotten very old around here.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

SAS is a loudmouth that constantly talks outta his a**.

I give ZERO credibility to anything that comes outta his mouth.

The dude epitomizes everything wrong with 'journalism'....

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right, JBB.

Better to roll KJ McDaniel out there (the guy JBB didn't remember we have on the roster until he turned around and looked at the bench: "are you on my team?") than DMo against Dirk.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Did you ever see JBBs dad coach?

Speaking of random rotations... the apple does not fall far from the tree.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what you are talking about, I didn't say anything controversial even if you weren't able to follow along and realize that.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think JBB sux, but that commentary is lame. Ariza was always going to mark Dirk, so KJ or DMo against a wing? Seems like one of the smarter things he has done all season.....

But then he went and played Brewer more minutes, so... oh dear.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The DMO act.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, got it, you still are struggling with player evaluation. Well, I hope you get better one day, best of luck to you.

15. rockets13champs

I want morey gone and i want les to sell the team. Im done with those 2 jackasses

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

SAS needs to give Houston some credit; we don't tank. We've been competitive all through the rebuilding process post Yao and TMac.

I think the simplest explanation is the right one. We are not as good as people think we are; JB is not ready to be head coach; and there are some chemistry problems with the team. Simple as that.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Tanking these last games . . . i might buy that
    Tanking a whole season? Hell naw . .. WTF?
    If they are . .. . . Seriously they doing it wrong

Rocket River

18. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Sas is a complete idiot.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

SAS wanted to dish a hot take as usual, and he did. Skip was the voice of reason, for the first time in his life. Five minutes of our lives have been wasted. And the world moves on!

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How long have you been a Rockets fan? We did it to get Ralph and Dream.

DD