1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/13/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Remember the Atlanta hawks game. Yea, that'll happen with worse teams than the hawks.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Bad chemistry!

We needed this win. I loved the effort from Jeremy tonight, especially the assists to Dwight in the post and that he had only one turnover. One turnover! Hope he makes a habit of games like this. It'll help us a lot if he does. Not much bench production, aside from AB and Casspi. Parsons played 39 minutes, which shocked me. He shouldn't have, but if he doesn't, do we pick up the win? Garcia got scratched, literally, and Brewer had another game that caused one to wonder why we have him.

We need more production from the bench.

3. rocketseagles07

Lol no they don't and they don't have to. OKC has only two players that can carry them and they are fine. I don't understand where this assumption comes from that you have to have all of these players get involved in carrying the team. Does the ball need to move more? Hell yea, but we have TWO players that can carry the team. We can be a great team if we put in the effort CONSISTENTLY and play better d.

4. novaman

novaman Member

I think Garcia's bleeding issue forced McHale to play Parsons more.

5. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

The more the merrier! People get injured, in case you haven't noticed.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Too bad Lin hasn't played like this consistently in the past, and won't in the future.

7. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

He gets his feet back under him for a couple games and then starts. But the more interesting question is what happens when Sampson returns and Finch goes to the bench? Do the Rockets maintain their "identity" of being a running team like Les appears to want?

8. team5

team5 Member

read the statistics above

Jeremy Lin has six of his eight assists in the third quarter. Rockets are 20-9 historically when Lin has 8 or more assists.

9. deedee82

deedee82 Member

I don't see why you have to rain on a victory parade when one of our players has played well. Its not like the Lin Fans have only been giving props to Lin this game.

Stirring much? Or you're bleeding from elsewhere unlike Garcia?

Sheesh, just celebrate the win already unless the cups never half full for you.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree, but if Lin ever becomes consistent, he'll be one hell of a player. I think that's why you keep him, unless you find something better for less money.

11. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

btw great game by parsons first game back

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dont you mean Thursday against the Thunder. The Pelicans are nowhere close to being elite.

13. Solaris

Solaris Member

I think everyone was expecting Bev will start too. But McHale suddenly is having Lin playing the PG role last 2 games, saying he wanted Lin to keep pushing the pace. Which makes one wonder if this a a temporary thing until Bev is back, or is it a new experiment he wanted to test even after Bev is back. Or he is just trying to showcase Lin to look good for a trade?
    I just find it very interesting time because McHale strategy seems to be very different than the previous norms. Especially considering if Bev will be starter again, the team need to do another major re-adjustment.

Anyway, glad for another win!

14. team5

team5 Member

Wouldn't it be ironic if that is the case (for trade)...since Rockets are winning.

15. SevenMinuteAbs

Morey: alright guys were gonna put Lin in a position to succeed which will make the team better, and then we're gonna trade him.

1 person likes this.
  16. bmd

bmd Member

But Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson are both hurt. And Tyreke Evans has also been hurt.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It would be amazing if we could put NOLA away by the start of Q4 so we start Thursday with fresh legs. I don't have a whole lot of faith in their ability to do it, but Thursday is the definition of a revenge game (for me, anyway :p ).

18. mbignfat

mbignfat Rookie

I don't see the problem. when bev returns, he can get his starting position back. lin can come from the bench and still have the offence play through him. bev gets to be a starter and lin gets to play with his strenghts and probably still get his ave. everybody happy

19. keldraco

keldraco Member

something fishy... they let lin play PG this pass 2 games.

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL, you really think McHale is going to ask his team to play differently and a style they have no intention of ever playing again just to "showcase" jeremy lin? No GM who's even interested in Lin is saying "ohh look at that game vs boston!" and for those not interested, this isnt changing anything.