1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/13/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2014.

1. TheJet

TheJet Member

Ron Artest. Metta World Peace.

2. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

naw man he's done. he'll only chuck us out of games

3. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

Metta World Peace. J/k. But I do agree that they lack the tough exterior.

4. rocketsmetalspd

Nice Ugly Win again. The team needs to learn how to keep a team down and not let them back in the games. I hope the team gets Beverley back and I believe he will be ready for the game agains the Thunder.

5. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

Matt Barnes. Hate the guy, but he does stick up for his teammates.

6. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

great game d12! 2 in a row nice games for lin. welcome back parsons.

7. verysimplejason

Rockets need a Bowen-type defender with some shooting... If only PBev is a little bit bigger, stronger and shoots better....

8. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

The Howard-Lin combo was working well. Last time these teams met, Houston had 3 PGs, so technically the team was shorthanded tonight, missing a big piece of the team in Bev. But Rox came up with a very nice win anyways. I thought Lin played a very efficient and admirable game. He was aggressive and didn’t need to only look for offense, and yet covered his scoring average anyways. But the nice part was the assists and steals. TJones’ rebounding and blocks were again pretty impressive. Howard got 17FGs tonight instead of 4FGs last time, but those freethrows, lol. I think the main thing that was a thorn on Houston’s side was how Bradley getting hot in this game. Can’t wait till Bev is back…I really like the Bev-Lin backcourt, two very interchangeable guys with very nice strong points that only make this team so much better.

WTH is going on with Garcia?

1 person likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That was one of the best Jeremy Lin games I've seen. I'm not talking about points. As a point guard, his assists really showed and he wasn't turning the ball over.

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

I remember last years team having more blowouts.... This year, not so much

11. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Lin with 16 points on 7 shots, 3 steals and only 1 TO to 9 assists. If he keeps playing like this detractors should have few things to complain about.

12. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

Hack a Dwight will keep any team in the game.

13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If Lin can play like that consistently then he deserves his money and all star votes. Stay consistent Jeremy!

14. TheJet

TheJet Member

I was thinking the same thing while watching. Decisive, fearless, attacking. No hesitation on that open three ball. This is the Lin we saw early in the season. Great game.

15. djimi

djimi Member

do teams even check back on the effectiveness of hack-a-dwight or any hack? seems to me the success rate is very low, its better to just play with the flow, Boston was making a run but they spoiled it by playing that strategy. when they hack, they slow the pace of the game and houston was able to set on defense

16. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Lol I didn't know lin could do that. I would have considered this a mini blow out. It's the cheap hack a Dwight which stops us pulling away

17. bongman

bongman Member

You know a player is having a great season when he puts up 12 pts (6-11), 12 rbs, 2 stls and 3 blocks and nobody gives him any props. For CF to see this as a norm for a 22 yr old kid, I have a good feeling he is our current and future power forward.

18. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Well he has the ball in his hands a lot this game. He's much more effective with it. Without it, he tends to disappear.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

ask any coach even JVG and they'll say let him play through it let him figure out himself to not affect his confidence

20. alethios

alethios Member

I remember this team last year having more losses at this point. This year, not so much.

2 people like this.