1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 1/13/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2014.

1. adobo

adobo Member

Good win Rockets. Good to see us knocking off the lower teams. Just need more consistency during our starts and finishes. I can see chemistry building up among players too, so hopeful future is bright this season.

2. mikus

mikus Member

McHale has now said twice in a row that Lin is good at pushing the ball the way he wants the team to play and that the key is to get the team to keep playing this way. If the team continues to play this way and Lin keeps having the ball in his hands, this really plays into Lin's strengths. Harden is a fantastic and efficient scorer, I think he will get his no matter what. In fact with Lin handling the ball, Harden gets to conserve energy and his defense would probably improve. I also think that Tjones benefits when Lin distributes the ball.

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Yes Sir!! He's hiding on the Celtics bench and with Bradley, Crawford and Bayless he is not going to get playing time. I would give up D-Mo for Brooks and a #2. Harden needs to be at 32-35 minutes a game to be effective in the playoffs

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

"Marshon would make a fine bordeaux." I can't be the only one who heard that lolol.

5. devin23

devin23 Member

not to mention the obvious but dwight as well. most of lin's assistant were to d12 tonight.

6. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin has six of his eight assists in the third quarter. Rockets are 20-9 historically when Lin has 8 or more assists.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/422912476464705536">January 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Little General

The Pelicans are elite?

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I hope you are Female

9. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

They're pretty tough despite their record. The Unibrow is a hella good player, and Gordon is back. Not to mention they bring Tyreke off the bench.

10. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Austin Rivers is going to drop 40 on us with 70 shots.

11. Solaris

Solaris Member

Hm. So what happens when Bev is back?

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Tyreke has been out the past few games... I guess we'll see if he's back for Wednesday. Brian Roberts finally got it going tonight in Holiday's place, for what that's worth. 19/4r/4a.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

They are compared to Boston. Plus everyone knows we play down to our comp and let them back in games, hopefully we are going to get better with time.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Hopefully bev starts and lin goes back to the bench. Its a good role for him even though hr has tools to be a starter. Our bench is just so terrible. There is not one legit scorer outside of ab

15. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

This means Lin is involved in around 40+ of the teams total points.

I hope he continues doing that in the next games.

16. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

It looks as if they're finally coming around to letting Lin play his natural position. I don't know what takes so long. When they try to play everyone is a pg the game is painful to watch. Ala, last years 7 game losing streak, and our recent hawks loss.

17. novaman

novaman Member

My guess is if this keeps up, Bev won't get his starting job back.

18. Dantevioys

Dantevioys Member

Thanks for pointing that out. Don't really follow them, but the occasional box scores. So Tyreke goes out, but they get back Gordon. Hopefully Jones or D12 can corral the 'Brow.

19. team5

team5 Member

I saw that too!

20. mikus

mikus Member

I dunno when Bev is back, but Lin's gotta show that he can keep playing at this level. I don't think that it's all on Lin either, I think that the whole starting group has to buy into this concept and run with the ball. McHale alluded to that in his statement, that the team also had to run or it leaves Lin hanging.

Bottom line, if Lin shows he can do this consistently, if the team buys into the concept, then I think you gotta go with Bev on the bench and bring him in for his energy and as a cooler if an opposing guard starts to get hot.

This might be controversial, but when I watch this team run, pass the ball, and get everyone involved, I can't help but feel like this is how Rockets basketball is meant to be played, the complete opposite of that nasty looking game in Atlanta.