1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

With all the speculation might as well call this a divine conspiracy. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Ima Slam Dunk! See u at the oscars <a href="https://twitter.com/matrix31">@Matrix31</a> @KingCrab15@DezBryant Audition <a href="https://t.co/BjV3Mx8Zsi">https://t.co/BjV3Mx8Zsi</a></p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/statuses/347035991787323392">June 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Why in the ***** would we want David Lee. He is not a winning basketball player, puts up empty stats and couldn't defend his position if his life depended on it. I don't understand the fascination that so many people on this board have with players like this.

3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Why would Howard want to join a team that is giving up Lee and Klay and replacing it with nothing? How many teams can just eat $15MM in salaries without giving any back? It's much much harder to pull off than people realize.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Basically...

- Nothing new on Rockets front. Still very confident in signing him.
    - More Pro-LAL talk today on Twitter.
    - Met with Golden State and Atlanta
    - Nothing substantial from Atlanta, they are most likely out of the race already (that was assumed once Paul resigned with the Clippers)
    - Golden State has been getting some positive buzz. Speculation that Dwight might want a S&T there, or will bolt to Houston (allegedly. Could be completely off base, but that's what's been discussed recently)

Among other minor things...

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

What is your opinion on Kevin Love?

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

problem with sign and trade is that the Lakers hold a huge say in it - Howard thanks to the new CBA isnt going to get any additional benefits.

The Lakers on the other hand would be paying like crazy for good, but not great players. If the proposed deal is Klay OR Barnes and Bogut that is an absolute STEAL for the Warriors.

If I were the Lakers the only trades I would entertain from GSW involve Steph Curry - anything else you hang up on.

Trading for Klay/Barnes will eat into their big summer of 2014 cap space and they'll pay a lot on the lux tax this year for them. This is not even mentioning the fact that the warriors are a divisional rival - I cant see the Lakers willing help out another team in their division like that - they would look like fools.

Its simple as that - if the Lakers end game is to go into 2014 with the max capspace with or without Dwight then letting him walk would be financially the best move for them over getting a young talent like Barnes or Klay - both of whom I feel can be all-stars but not perennial all-stars (IE: more like a Iguodala making an all-star team once or twice) - you cant build around a player like that.

GS probably did have a good meeting with Dwight - better than expected but their fate does not lie with Dwight alone - they need to first sell Dwight and then sell the Lakers -- and I dont think they can sell the Lakers

3 people like this.
  7. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

Basically the Rockets are trying to woo Dwight Howard to play the center position in Houston. The Rockets think they have the most compelling situation for Howard but Dwight has been known to be fickle. Other teams are in contention as well, such as the Golden State Warriors and the Los Angeles Lakers, the team to which he was traded last season.

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I agree most with this post. Well put.

9. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Actually Steph Curry is the IDEAL match for Dwight Howard. J Harden is a ball dominant player. Exactly why DH did not work out with Kobe.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

GSW is the worst spot IMO.

They are the least money, lower max and Cali taxes.

And it probably costs them atleast Klay and Bogut. Does the upgrade from Bogut to Howard, make up for losing Klay?

Rockets offer more money and in addition to upgrading from Asik to Howard, can use Asik to make another massive upgrade at PF.

I don't really see the appeal.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree if you are the lakers that's what you would want but totally unrealistic. It's either get something or lose him for nothing. You can't be asking for curry realistically, gs would laugh in their face and Dwight would sign here. They could maybe and I mean maybe squeeze Thompson and bogut but that would be max IMO.

12. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I think you hit the nail on the head with what Dwight wants, but I think harden is better because I think dwight would be better in pick & roll

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Cyberx already proved himself to be inside someone's inner circle.Quit being difficult. He is going to say what he hears, which can be someone else's opinion and may or may not always make sense. Obviously he can't tell us what he does and for whom because that'll likely end his leaking of info. THINK PEOPLE!!

1 person likes this.
  14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

?

This is such a strange myth. Did he do that in OKC? No. No way he would be allowed to. He does what the team needs. He was handed the keys to the team and was told to score. He is a VERY (VERY!) willing passer.

Did you not see him try and throw passes to Asik as he penetrated? Asik (I am a big fan of Asik) didn't know how to jump 10 inches off the floor to get them. What happened then? They collapsed on him, big time!

Think about how CP3 played with Tyson Chandler. Harden would do very similar things for Dwight. No, Harden is not on CP3's level of play making (yet at least), but Chandler is no where near Dwight's abilities.

Either way, Harden, whether he "dominates" the ball or not, would get Dwight involved in ways Howard prefers.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

D'Antoni is what caused Dwight to not work out with Kobe. There's a reason Shaq and Gasol worked just fine with Kobe. D'Antoni's system made Howard an afterthought.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hah, most of these people rather be skeptics than take in the information. I can't believe we actually have long discussions on this board about whether certain insider information is true or not. What a total waste of time on their part. If they would just put the insider on ignore, clutchfans would be a better place.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Comparing Love to Lee is like comparing Harden to KMart. Even if they have similarities, one is simply much, much better than the other.

18. crazeazn

crazeazn Member

watch howard go to the celtics.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He did say he has no idea what the lakers will do as well

20. GIGO

GIGO Member

well put!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.