1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center's arena music problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sadat X, May 11, 2013.

1. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

bring back the organ music. Most rap is crap now days.

3. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

you guys keep talking about rap but most arenas only play instrumentals for less than 24 seconds.. and there are plenty quality choices that wont destroy the arena atmosphere like everybody clap yo hands clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap...

4. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

I'd love to see them mix up classic organ melodies with organ versions of modern day songs

5. djjamieh

djjamieh Member

I can't believe you actually started a thread for this. I'm sure he has strict guidelines on what to play and I do agree that hip hop now days is garbage.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

In game experience sucks almost everywhere in the NBA. One of the downsides of Allen Iverson was that the league decided to whitewash everything and make it more palatable to middle class, WASP families. You know, because when you think basketball- you think of suburban eight year olds and pop music?

I'm pretty diverse when it comes to musical taste, but when I'm watching basketball- I want an urban rap sound (or preferably no music at all)- anything else detracts from the moment.

7. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Well said!

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think we have decoded this thread's original intent.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sorry, I can't say I'm ever doing anything and crave the sound of "urban rap" music. I don't think we'll be able to agree on what music to play during the game, then. I hate mindless pop music, but the Rockets have a difficult job trying to cater so such varied music tastes.

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

basketball needs some soulful hip-hop

play some j-dilla, premier, salaam remi.. that kinda sound

but nah.. its too 'boring' for the average listener

1 person likes this.
  11. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

at fedex forums they played some GZA then T.R.O.Y. on back to back grizz possessions..

12. rawool

rawool Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7J-3xeP993w?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Toyota Center needs something like this. :grin: ;) :p

Seriously though, the arena can at least play instrumentals of hip-hop songs. What's wrong with that?

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Nothing. It's exactly what they should do. And this coming from a guy who sweated it out at the Cannibal Corpse show on Friday.

Houston has a ton of great LOCAL hip-hop instrumentals they could play. I guess I understand the reasons why they don't, but the reasons why they should are so much more compelling.

Even old-school organ music would be preferrable to "EV-REE-BOD-EE CLAP YO HANS!" That **** is the worst.

Even during the playoffs, when all the crowd wanted to do was chant "DE-FENSE!!" they played stupid crap that made it damn near impossible for the whole arena to come together on the WORLD'S EASIEST CHANT. God, that was frustrating.

14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

You are right on sir. We would make a great team handling the music.

15. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

This a million times over! I couldn't believe my ears when I heard "Pour Some Sugar On Me" blaring during a last second shot attempt by the Spurs against the Warriors in Game 1. San Antonio has the worst P.A. music timing in the league. To all of you that want to hear hip hop and rap at the games, 90% of those genres is complete crap that takes no musical talent at all to make....NONE. Go to any rap concert and you will see what I mean. If they would stick to rap and hip-hop standards that have stood the test of time and have remained relative...that's cool. But arenas that continually play the latest one hit wonders that are only hits because they have the latest "catch phrase" in them, annoy the ever living ***** outta me!I root against any team that plays "All I Do Is Win" in the stadium. That is the most annoying song since "Macarena". I personally prefer the sound of an organ player along with an engaged crowd when the home team is on defense and for there to be nothing being piped through the P.A. while the home team has the ball. Everything else just feels like manufactured faux excitement to me.

16. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

We're all now dumber for having watched that video.

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

I've said it before an ill say it again..

Top pop chart music feels out of place at a basketball game. Might as well play Justin beiber too. Wait they probably do.

Also a lot of their skits and stuff are just corny. Some borderline trashy

18. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

One word - DUBSTEP!

Bassnectar
    Skrillex
    Zomboy
    Knife Party
    xCore
    Far Too Loud

19. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Pepsi arena in Denver plays it heavily in their 24 second offensive sets.