1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center's arena music problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sadat X, May 11, 2013.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Let me know what NBA arena does this.

Rap is so boring and cliche.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Yeah we need more Drake, Pitbull, and Ke$ha...

I say bring your grills, sagging pants, and your piece to the TC. Word up, ya feel me?

1 person likes this.
  3. Granville

Granville Member

Who gives a **** what music they play.... Watching basketball is what you go to the games for.

1 person likes this.
  4. rawool

rawool Member

I agree, but they need to diversify more by adding hip-hop.

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Also to their credit, they played All Gold Everything by Trinidad Jame$ pregame at game 6. I really don't think it's that bad

6. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

Need to bump some of that pimp C ,etc ish.

"Welcome 2 Houston" would be a good one.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Agreed. They play good music for pregame and you can see the players getting hyped. Now imagine if a good instrumental came on for a key possession. The players would get hyped!

1 person likes this.
  8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

They definitely need to play rap. Leave the rock music for the white people at the football and baseball games.

2 people like this.
  9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

you want to be like Memphis?

the arena that just played "Whoop there it is"??? seriously?

you do know they Rockets run out to Drake's "Started from the Bottom" right? Oh thats right, 3/4 of the arena doesn't show up till 5 mins after the games starts.....

I agree the music could use improvement, RPD dance to more RB stuff now, which is more influenced because of the RPD Head Natalie, but it's improved since last season.

I"m sure people don't want Gwen Stefani's "Sweet Escape" melody back...

bottom line, the music is not going to satisfy everybody regardless what they play

1 person likes this.
  10. DreamRoxCoogFan

The one thing this team needs is more ABBA.

2 people like this.
  11. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

In the 90's...every NBA arena. I am not certain when the pendulum began to swing, but playing music during the game is a relatively new phenomenom. In Simmons book he writes of how the only noise he could hear in the Garden during the Celtics 80's heyday was the sound of the crowd. He credited that sound as a factor that made the Garden so intimidating. Over time, the NBA made an outing to the arena less about basketball and more about an 'experience' (and in my opinion, to the game's detriment).

Interesting discussion between it's promoters and detractors in Cuban's blog (posted years ago): http://blogmaverick.com/2006/02/22/they-did-it-at-the-all-star-game-and-no-one-noticed/

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I like basketball and I like rock music more than I like rap. Weird, I know.

Wouldn't mind them mixing in some classic rap tracks though, or even some stuff like early 00's Dre, Eminem, etc, but most of the newer stuff that's popular sucks.

1 person likes this.
  13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

They played it during aeros games.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I can just almost gurandamntee you that the players don't even hear the music when they're playing.

And this is the best song they play for music on the offensive side of the ball.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aBd46BbdTfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

That is what Im talkin about

16. Houston288South

I agree 100% with the Original Poster. Our game experience sucks. Is there anyone we can contact about this via email? Yes, the Spurs in game music is better than Toyota Center. Actually, I like the in game sounds from Acro Arena for Golden State. Along with the amazing crown, They have some AWESOME in game tunes!

We need to play more current hits! Lets start the movement and contact people from the front office!

17. Houston288South

Oh yeah, I especially like their "D-Fence" chat. Our "D-Fence" chat is whack! Should be upgraded!

18. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Who are you to speak for "the majority of the crowd"? Just because you and your friends like rap doesn't mean a majority of the crowd does.

Rap sucks, in my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  19. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Racist post.

20. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Total makeover, along with Jerseys please!