1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want us to face in the first round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Mar 25, 2018.

?

First Round Choice

1. Nuggets

86 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Jazz

19 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Pelicans

40 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. Twolves

62 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. Spurs

31 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nothing.

I meant, I want to play them first, far & away more than any of those other teams.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Minnesota will finish
    I'd like to see them in the first round too, but honestly I don't see them losing more than 2 games. Everyone they have left to play has a worse record. I hope you are right, but I think they will end up in the 5th or 6th spot.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They don't play defense or hit enough 3's. They are very vulnerable when our guys hit a barrage of 3's. I do think that they have a fair amount of talent, but they haven't learned to put it together. I do think that the Wolves can trouble us, if they play better defense, and if they crash the boards.

#63 saleem, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@deb4rockets

Looks like T-Wolves would own tie-breaker if Denver wins the remaining 2 games between each other
    by virtue of Conference wins and wins within the division. Nuggets have to win outright to bump T-Wolves
    from the playoffs.

deb4rockets and saleem like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I have them losing to Utah, @Nuggets, @ Lakers and Nuggets

Should be interesting

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Best Case Scenario:

1. Rockets
    2. Warriors
    3. Blazers
    4. Pelicans
    5. Timberwolves
    6. Thunder
    7. Spurs
    8. Jazz/Nuggets/Clippers
    We would probably sweep the first round, and then get to play the Pelicans or T'wolves, and I think we'd beat both of those teams in 4 or 5 games.

We would avoid Spurs/Thunder/Blazers/Warriors until WCF.

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, it should be interesting. If Denver brings it, they could definitely beat them. Who knows about Utah and the Lakers. This month is going to bring out some great games, with everyone facing each other. They will all choose their own destiny for sure. Funny thing is, Minnesota potentially could win all their remaining games.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Loyola-Chicago

jpsamhyz and Downtown Sniper like this.
  9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Swap Thunder and Spurs and I agree

jpsamhyz and Beardaholic13 like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's a very realistic scenario, but somehow I don't see the Clippers making it. They could easily lost at least 3 of their remaining games. But, as for the rest, the 4 to 7 spot are surely a tossup, depending how they play against each other. New Orleans could drop down. They still play a few real tough teams. The only way I see the Spurs moving ahead of OKC is if OKC chokes against Denver or New Orleans, or if GSW can beat them without Curry. Durant and Thompson will be back by the time they match up. Even then, the Spurs can only lose to us and Portland to move ahead of OKC, which is very likely. But, no matter who we play it doesn't matter really. We need to be able to beat all of them to get to those finals. Let's just hope we stay healthy!!

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes Minnie could....guess it’s just me. I don’t have any respect for the T-Wolves. I don’t think they can beat Utah
    or Denver right now. I feel the Wolves can’t play better while the Nuggets have another gear or 2 as Millsap
    gets his sea legs (playing shape) going.

Lakers are 17-11 in their last 28 games. They have played well in stretches.

This can get interesting. Take Care.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't expect Denver to make the playoffs but even if they did I'd rather face the Wolves. Denver and Utah get a little more out of home games because they're used to the altitude and no other team is.

I also expect the Wolves to fall to 8 because they've been playing worse than any of the other likely playoff teams in the West. Rather avoid SA if possible but I think we can take any of these teams. Utah worries me most.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Can we play the Atlanta Hawks?

Madano likes this.
  14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed compltely. Utah Scares me the most. They are definitely playing better recently than their record says.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This is how I'd like to see the seeding shake out .... Brutal road for GSW who wont have Curry for the first round.

(1) Rockets
    (8) TWolves.

(4) Pelicans
    (5) Spurs

(3) Trail Blazers
    (6) Thunder

(2) Warriors
    (7) Jazz

16. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

^ my thoughts exactly. I don't want to dodge the spurs. They've had our number for far too long. I'd prefer we dominate them handily and then make them rethink their future :p

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Clippers
    Spurs
    Jazz
    Pelicans

I want a team we have a history with and will give us at least somewhat of a challenge. Nuggets & Twolves would be too boring, I'll take the Clippers just to make Rivers flow, Spurs to get revenge for last year or the Jazz just for kicks. Pelicans would be cool too, I like their team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

**** it. Jazz, Blazers, Dubs. Exorcise all the demons.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

If the NBA gave the option for the #1 seed to choose their first round opponents, I think it'd be a unanimous decision for the Rockets to choose Golden State with Curry out.

With the way that it is, I want the ****ing Spurs in round 1. Even with Kawhi back. That's going to be a series where a lot of the media and casual NBA fans will pick the upset with San Antonio. And it's going to feel 1000x better when the Rockets dominate this shitty Spurs team that has zero chance of winning.

#79 shocky2002, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  20. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I wanna beat the Spurs with Kawhi. Shake that Boogieman