1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want us to face in the first round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Mar 25, 2018.

?

First Round Choice

1. Nuggets

86 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Jazz

19 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Pelicans

40 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. Twolves

62 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. Spurs

31 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. MD_in_Training

The most important thing is who can we play that would exert the least amount of physical wear and tear. A series with dirty Spurs and defensively oriented Jazz would be suboptimal. Wolves, Nuggets, and Pelicans would be a good warm up for us. We just need fodder to solidify sets and playoff rotations.

slothy420 and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

This is an easy one.. T-Wolves have no business being in the playoffs. They are hanging on to
    the 7th spot by a thread. T-Wolves only have 3 games of any value (Utah, Denver & Denver)
    remaining.

Utah and Denver have a much tougher schedule....so T-Wolves might sneak in.

3. macan

macan Member

i want the spurs! just can't stand those media still using last year's game 6 to mock us...**** skip baseless!
    if we don't face them and somehow win the ship, media gonna say" oh they are lucky they didn't face spurs..shxt like that"

bro2044, today, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  4. MD_in_Training

We don't need to beat the Spurs to shut them up. We need to win the chip.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. macan

macan Member

trust me, they gonna use any excuses they can find: didn't face spurs..worriers' injuries..etc
    the only way we can shut them all up is to beat spurs in first/second round, beat worriers in west final then beat cavs in the final. i don't think they can find any excuses by then..hopefully

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I want okc to get the 3rd seed.

Daddy Long Legs and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Please explain why would you want that, unless you're a OKC fan.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They will say we couldn't beat the Raptors.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pelicans for me, Nuggets are playing kinda bad, but not sure they have less talent than NOLA...Jokic, Millsap, Murray, Harris...i actually think they have more talent than NOLA, and i'd also gladly avoid to play in Denver fwiw. Not that i see that big of a difference overall though, i would be happy with either one of these two teams.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Wolves - this team can't play defense... AT ALL... this is either 4-0 or 4-1 easy

Nuggets - should be an easy series but they do have some talent and you never know when they put it all together with Millsap

Spurs

Pelicans - Not enough talent with just AD. But if/as Holiday plays really well they can score and stretch a series, potentially. And one dominant, tall, PF has hurt the Rockets in past playoffs.

Jazz - Could stretch a series because of Gobert's impact/defense and Mitchell getting hot. They've been a completely different and better team the second half to the season.

J.R. and ApacheWarrior like this.
  11. MD_in_Training

Why are you so preoccupied with what the media says? For all intents and purposes, they can ALWAYS find excuses. They are literally professionals at this... creating drama and controversy where there's not. If we win the chip, that should be MORE THAN good enough for us. If you're wanting the unconditional worship of every talking head out there, then you may as well cut your losses and stop watching the Rockets now.

saleem likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

At this point I really don’t care. I just want our team to be face to face with the Larry O’Brien trophy.

Go Rockets!

BigShasta likes this.
  14. da_juice

da_juice Member

In order:
    1) Nuggets (least amount of talent)
    2) Wolves
    3) Spurs w/o Kawhi
    4) Pelicans
    5 Jazz (lot of length and Donovan Mitchell is liable to go off one night and force a game 5 and make the series longer and harder)
    6) Spurs w/ Kawhi

15. cebu

cebu Member

Avoid teams with twin towers at all cost.

saleem and ApacheWarrior like this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I want okc to face GS in 2nd round

Game7 and saleem like this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way the T Wolves will be in the 8th spot. They have a real easy schedule left. They will probably move up to 6th at least. I bet we end up playing the Jazz or Denver. I hope OKC slides to 7th actually, and faces GSW.

18. photojoe

photojoe Member

Honestly, 3-9 is still pretty up in the air. But for us, there isn't really a team in that bunch that I'm overly worried about more than others.

That's not to say that any of them would be easy or that they should be taken lightly. But I don't really see any of them that really see any of them that present a bad matchup for us and any series that should go beyond game 5 or 6, in the first or second round, as long as we take care of business.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where is the don't care option?

20. austinite

austinite Contributing Member

Jesus people, we are 39-2 when Capela, Harden and Paul play. Nobody wants to face us in the playoffs we should fear nobody. We are going to lose 16 games maximum all year and we dropped 5 in a row, we are on pace to be a historically great team. Bring on anyfvckingone in the first round, it don’t make a difference who it is.

BigShasta likes this.