1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes, I'm hoping Paul isn't going to demand the full max he's eligible for, but the reality is this may all have happened because we are the only way he was going to get the max. If the Clippers really didn't want to give him the max, that may very well be why he forced his way here via trade.

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Watch for PJ Tucker as the target with the midlevel. He would be a perfect fit as the bench combo forward who is versatile and can rebound.

3. malakas

malakas Member

He had to waive most his trade bonus and leave only 600 k of it.

4. hlcc

hlcc Member

Assuming the Clippers offered him a 5 year max, Chris Paul will be 38 years old when that contract expires. Paying a 37 year old Chris Paul $40 million & 38 year old Chris Paul $46 million is a very tough pill to swallow.
    Assuming the Rockets resign him to a 5 year max next year, Chris Paul will be 39 year old when that contract expires. The Rockets will have a very hard time moving that contract in the final 2-3 years.

amaru likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

All star.....SMH.such a shame

DonKnock and amaru like this.
  6. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

I would like to see a veteran enforcer type big to go with these guards.

saleem likes this.
  7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

No doubt we have a small window once we lock Chris up... I just don't see how it's possible to build around CP3 taking up that much out of your cap especially when he hasn't shown he can win anything but if we can add George or maybe Carmelo we should at least have a small window to compete.

amaru likes this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

The Clippers are a joke from their uniforms to their history to their non existant fans to their horrible contracts to chuckers like Rivers and Crawford to their lack of picks to their GM-Coach.
    One would think they would have more things to worry about than how to trade an overaged superstar. Like how to KEEP ONE.

9. hlcc

hlcc Member

That's my understanding as well.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Up to our necks in remodeling the inside of our house, finally got a break to check ClutchFans, and saw that Mikol (kudos!) broke the news! Huge, HUGE trade by Morey. A nice get by the Clippers, as well, considering that they could have lost Paul for nothing. It'll be a low 1st round pick, but Bev, who I really hate to lose, is an excellent 3 and D player (very underrated by some here), Lou will give them a legitimate offensive threat off the bench, or however they use him, and Dekker has promise. The Rockets? Another superstar! Having CP3 paired with Harden is going make Houston an attractive destination, in my opinion. I don't doubt that this has all been said already, but had to comment.

Great news!

[​IMG]

11. justtxyank

Look, we aren't going to be the favorites. Golden State basically has the perfect team for the current NBA. We can't do anything about that. We are putting together the best shot we can.

No complaints from me about that. Odds are still that we won't win a title, but it will be a damn fun ride and we won't be able to say we didn't give it the best shot.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

This is sexy. @Pen15clubber

francis 4 prez likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Pablo on Sportsnation. I haven't watched any sports programming since game 5. I like Pablo.

14. justtxyank

Another good thing about adding Chris Paul? He likes wearing the black uniforms. Maybe we'll see more of those now!

15. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

I think CP3 will still be a quality player as he ages over this contract. He will adapt his game. He is skilled up.

16. Fantasma Negro

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did he? OK he still can make up for the loss, if Les gives him a max 4-yr deal, because he'll have higher raising, assuming the cap increases some next year. Also, if Les gives him a full 5yr next yr, then there is no question he makes more than maxing out with LAC now....simply by staying maxed for longer in age.

DonKnock and malakas like this.
  18. hlcc

hlcc Member

Well that's why they brought in Jerry West. Just because Doc Rivers made all those mistakes in the past, it doesn't mean Jerry West should continue down that route. Handing CP3 a 5 year max extension does seem like a mistake for the Clippers. Even if they resigned CP3 & Griffin this year, it's not like they go far in the playoffs, and their team prospects will plummet in 2-3 years when CP3 decline dramatically and are stuck with his huge albatross contract.

19. justtxyank

Summary: Chris Paul thought Austin Rivers was acting like a punk, Doc Rivers wouldn't do anything about it. Final straw was that the Knicks offered Melo to the Clippers for a poo-poo platter featuring Austin Rivers and Doc said no because he didn't want to trade his son. This killed Paul's relationship with Doc.

20. justtxyank

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rockets trade includes Wiltjer!

BigMaloe likes this.