1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You people are pathetic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Franchise3384, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

What is this garbage?

2. carayip

carayip Member

Well someone here said in order for Francis to win a championship, he needs that #32 guy from Phoenix.

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Steve has proven that he is a great player Yao hasn't. I bet you anything that if we had Kandi instead of Ming this team would not miss a beat. Steve is much more important to this team than Yao. When its all said and done Steve may be a Hall of Famer.

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah thats what you do. Trade Steve to the Suns and watch the Rockets turn into the Cleveland Cavs. Mobley would put up 30 a game and the Rockets would lose 60 games.

5. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

All I was trying to say in that post that Stoudemire is the better player and Yao gets too much hype when there are about 4 rookies IMO that are better than him (Gooden,Butler,Wagner,Stoudemire).

6. carayip

carayip Member

Kandi? Haha... :eek: :rolleyes:

7. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah ok. When Kandi was holding Ming, Ming could barely get position to take a shot. The points he did score on the Clippers were against a shorter Elton Brand. Kandi is no scrub. His stats are just as good as Ming except for FG%.

8. carayip

carayip Member

I hope you are not serious. Never mind Kandi, I am sure Clippers are willing trade their whole roster for Yao Ming.

9. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

I am pretty sure they would too!

10. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Remind me how many times he has led the Rockets to the playoffs?? :rolleyes:

11. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Oh nevermind....
    You just lost all credibility with that post. You must be that kid Dallas columnist. :p

12. cmellon

cmellon Member

Rudy T and Rockets guards think exactly the same thing that Lil Francis said.

That's why I propose to trade Yao Ming for a good PF package. The trade will satisfy everyone. Yao Ming fans will finally see a team, coach, and team mates that can utilize Yao the best. Rockets can keep their most celebrated guard oriented plays with the addition of good PF. Everybody is happy.

13. carayip

carayip Member

That Hall of Famer got his numbers but not the win again!

14. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Then we'll be screwed! The other team would win the championship with Yao!

If we traded Yao to the LA Clippers for Elton Brand, Andre Miller, and Lamar Odom...ACCEPT!!!!

We aren't using Yao correctly...:( We need to utilize his size more.

15. cmellon

cmellon Member

Based on the way Rockets utilize Yao Ming right now, Rudy T and Rockets guards certainly don't think so.

This is not too impossible. Package Yao with Griffin, Posey, and a future pick, this trade is within reach.

I'm afraid there's no place for Yao in Rockets team.

16. wiredog

wiredog Member

Let's face it. I can appreciate the guy's enthusiasm and support, but the lack of loyalty you claim on our part is NOTHING compared to the lack of loyalty in Steve's and more so in Mobley. I do not doubt that they want the best for thei team and they believe they are doing the best they can. That's why they need to smell the freakin' coffee (whether it's freeze dried Taster's Choice or the gourmet sh*t) and pass the freakin' ball!! I'm not "bashing" them because we lost four straight. They don't get all the blame. Until Chicago's game, Yao was off. He missed some easy shots and mishandled the ball. But here's the deal; Steve and Mobley ONLY pass the ball when there is no shot for them. True guards (or any team member for that matter) should ONLY take open shots or drive the lane when they see it open. Were you even watching the Bulls game? I have absolutely no problem when they take open shots. Mobley just throws it up when he feels it. That's why they have good stats, because they hit their share, but miss HORRIBLY on ther, often crucial shots. I'm sick of them driving down the lane, dribbling behind their backs, and going up surrounded by the other team with nowhere to go. I'm sick of Mobley dribbling up and jacking up a shot in 5 seconds. Why do you think they turnover the ball so much? All that fancy dribbling, cross over's and all. It's not even about Yao anymore. Like I said , he was in a funk until fourth quarter. And to get off the subject a bit, why in the HELL did Rudy bench Yao for the last minute? Is that a deja vu or what? Sure they got a lucky shot, and I respect Cato's defense skills, but COME ON! The guy is 7'6" for crying out loud!!! Anyway...these are just my opinions. Mobley is more to blame than Steve, but they are the same in my book. If they want to play pick up games at YMCA, they should stay there.