1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YAO's teamates shall apologize

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by birdman, Jan 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

How do you explain that Yao repeatedly gets stripped of the ball, once he has it in his grasp? Do you ever see that happening to Shaq? How often does it happen to Ben Wallace? Everyone in the NBA is huge. For argument's sake, benching 300 doesn't sound weak, but what are the other forwards and centers in the league benching?

I can't believe people are suggesting that Yao wouldn't lose the ball as much if his hands, wrists and forearms got stronger. Yao needs to get stronger in his legs and mid-section, too, as he gets pushed around by guys smaller than him all the time. He is the biggest guy out there, why shouldn't he be the strongest?

2. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

it's OK, maybe Yao said so many F*** in chinese. I remember he said once to two powerless F after one game:D

3. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

My point?

My point is that if Yao "has made zero improvement on this since his rookie year" in regard with his weak hands, and "It's such an easy thing to do" as you stated, then all these Rockets training staff and coaches must be useless and inferior to your judgement, since they either 1) failed to recognize the problem. 2) failed to ask Yao to do such "an easy thing to do". We may just as well fire the current Rockets weight training coach and hire you in stead.

Notice, I neither agree nor disagree with you, simply extended your logic.

Now, if you can not understand my point, there really isn't any need for me to argue with you. Nor am I interested in any BBS personal feud.

Peace.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is something that the Rockets broadcasters were mentioning. Of course there are people that just sit there looking at stats and trying to figure out what really happened during the game. The Rockets broadcast repeatedly stated Yao was having all sorts of trouble establishing and holding position down low against PJ Brown. This was among the reasons they didn't always pass to him.

5. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Peace, hell. You just used the lamest crutch there is on a sports bbs. "I neither agree or disagree...but you must be smarter than the coaching staff" If that is the logic you fall back on, then you should never post anything critical about the Rockets again, because obviously we have a coaching staff and you have no right to question anything about their methods or decisions.

Do you feel courageous enough to either agree or disagree with the idea that it is an easy thing to do to get into a strength training program that targets specific muscle groups? Do you feel that Yao, who apparantly had never been on a strength training program until late last summer, has maxed out his strength?

6. michecon

Where did I say "you should never post anything.." blah blah?

I agree Rockets should put Yao into a strength training program. I believe they already did that, as much as possible. I agree, if Yao "made zero progress", the coaches must have been come short at that. It's not like Yao doesn't do what they told him to do.

And why's that so flared up again? Jeez.

7. KWA8272

KWA8272 Contributing Member

It has been the greatest comment I have never seen.

:)

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

your wish...yadda yadda...;)

Yao fumbles the nice pass from Padge

Man..if he could have just caught this...easy two for Yao...

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You hata! That is the only mistake Yao has ever made. What that clip doesn't show is Padgett's tendency to over perspire made the ball too slick. Not even Hakeem could have handled that one.

I can't understand why you like every Rocket except for Yao. Even though you level out criticism pretty evenly it doesn't mean hate, unless it is spoken against Yao. That means you hate only Yao. Get Real!

I can't believe you show this biased piece of a clip to try and make others hate Yao as much as you do. Why don't you just give him a chance?!!!!???:D

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

:p

:)

in the most respectful voice I can muster...i say....bite me Blade..:D

;)

11. michecon

Thank you for posting this. Yao wasn't even looking. What JVG said.

If he can catch that ball... well, at least we win.

12. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Yao should have had that pass...You always have to be ready for the ball. ALWAYS. If I was Padgett, I would have been angry also. Then after the game, since we won, it would not have been a big deal. If I was Yao though, I wouldn't miss another pass like that and I would always make sure I am ready for the ball.

13. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

lucky for you you didn't see it. You know that crap around every corner... you almost got a glimpse of it.

14. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

Man i am getting tired of dumb threads like this, i don't know why i even keep replying to them. Oh yea, i got nothing better to do. Anyways, stupid thread.

15. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

In regards to protecting the ball from stripping ala Deke, has Yao even once even really accidentally elbowed a short guard in the head?

His elbows should be perfectly positioned for some occasional accidental contact.

Deke should instruct him on how to twist the body - of course after Yao has sure grip on the ball.....hmmm maybe that is why Yao doesn't uh twist real fast and clock some guard in the cranium. The ball would probably whip half way across the court or up into the stands, hit some fan in the face and start an incident.

And by the way I love Yao. Keep him, flaws and all for his entire career.

16. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Thanks again! I caught the cursing but I'm not a good enough lip reader to have made out the rest of what he said myself. It was a nifty pass, and he made eye contact with Yao first.

17. RocketsAstros

RocketsAstros Contributing Member

It looked like Padge said "I should have ***king shot." he definitely did not say "Catch the ***king ball" like they said he did on 610. In their defense though I watched it about 20 times, and they probably only saw it once.

BTW Thanks for the clip R2K.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yao has to catch it..but again, if Padget tosses it UP High, Yao has an easier time.

Again, AIM AT HIS HEAD, that way if he misses it, he at least has a headache.

DD

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Speaking as a guy who plays center whenever theres a pickup game, I hate it to high heaven when my teammate is going up with a open jumper and I am in position for the rebound, when suddenly he decides he wants to make a highlight film and chuck it at my head from about 6-8 feet away at a speed that I just cant react to. passing is good and everything, but if you have an open shot, for God's sake don't get fancy, just shoot the damn ball! When the ball bounces off my hands (and jams a few fingers in the process) I make sure to verbally berate my teammate until he understands that next time he has an open shot from the FT line, to take the frigging shot.

20. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

If you look at the pass, it's perfect. It's definitely high, but not zipped at Yao's head. It's a lob. Kind of like Padgett was going to take a shot, but on a lower trajectory so that the arc comes down right to Yao's eye level. That's the type of pass that big men should be, and usually are, given when they're fronted. Although "fronted" is too strong for the N.O. defense being played on Yao there, it looked like they just forgot about him inside.