1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YAO's teamates shall apologize

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by birdman, Jan 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. birdman

birdman Contributing Member

please dont call me YOF, i am not, though my favorite player is yao.
    check tonight's statistics
    our guards' FGM-A is 5/26, while yao alone shot 6/13,today we wasted too many oppertunities on these meaningless attempts.if you keep on struggling but your teamates just can not provide you a pass, can you still be concentrated?yao made a few mistakes tonight, but is that all his fault?

2. uac

uac Contributing Member

#2 uac, Jan 26, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  3. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

Did you have to create a whole new thread for this?

birdman, I think you owe the whole forum a apology for creating a crappy thread.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

why should they apologize to Yao?

the TEAM won...Im sure that makes Yao very happy.

hell..even VG was happy....it wsnt pretty...but the Hornets D had something to do with that...and some nights players struggle...it happens...if it happened every night...then that would be a different story....but it doesnt happen every night...and the Rockets have won 7 of their last 9 games.....I think the entire team is happy about that....I know I am

5. noize

noize Contributing Member

Ready to get flame man...

6. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

PJ Brown had Yao's number on lock...Yao was struggling to get into a good position and there was this one play I remember when Yao had great positioning and was going one on one with someone and he passed back out! and then the shotclock was going off and Sura had to jack up a 3

7. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

How about that Padgett pass?

8. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Yao was defended well and played tough tonight. We tried many times to pass the ball into Yao but it was too risky as you can see the defenders just waiting there hungry for us to lob it to Yao for a steal attempt or turnover. Instead of watching the PG or whoever is supposed to pass to Yao, watch the surrounding defense, or imagine the point of view for the person who is supposed to pass it to Yao. We try to get Yao the easiest possible entry pass. We can't risk creative attempts because Yao is known to fumble or get a case of stone hands if the ball isn't gingerly tossed to him.

9. njwilliam

njwilliam Member

i don't care about our pg's statistics.
    for me ,a win is ok .

10. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Yao should apologize for missing that dunk,
    TMac should apologize for missing near half of his shots,
    All our guards should apologize for brick most of his shots,
    JVG should apologize for hurting fan's eyes with his bold head.

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

If you win, it doesn't matter who scored.

Jeff Haggadorn said at halftime that the coaching staff told Yao he needed to be more agressive in the paint if he wanted to get the ball, so they obviously weren't blaming the guards.

A win is a win is a win.

12. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Yao has trouble sealing off his defender so entry passes are likely to get poked away. In the first quarter, Sura attempted a risky bounce pass but it was stolen. I'll be the first to say that Sura often (stupidly) doesn't pass to Yao when Yao has good position in favor of swinging the ball all over the place only to have the shot clock get dangerously low. That being said, I'd say 65% of the problem is due to the fact that Yao has NO upper body strength and can't fight off his defender. Granted Yao's arms aren't toothpicks like they were his rookie year. Now they're twizzlers. What he needs are thicker arms and a stronger back so he won't get pushed around so much. And yes, he does get shoved all over and most of those shoves are fouls but if Yao can get stronger then he can fight back or hold his ground and force defenders to change strategy lest their fouls become so blatantly obvious that the refs have no choice but to blow the whistel.

13. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

So basically Yao has to stop loading up on carbs and get some more frickin' protein in his diet and hit the gym more. I mean, look at today's NBA player's phsique. Obviously these guys hit the weights a great deal even with their grueling schedules. There's no excuse for Yao not to do the same.

14. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

This is so r****ded and tiresome. When will the madness end?

15. BigMac21

BigMac21 Contributing Member

Yao needs to drive from the perimeter when he faces pesky, small defenders like Swift, PJ Brown, etc..He's improving game by game in fighting off defenders, its a miracle he got 13 shots tonight.

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Anyone else feel like...

[​IMG]

17. almostReady

almostReady Member

5/26? That for sure didn't make things easy. But a win is a win, I am happy.

18. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

yeah, its funny how you have a really high field goal percentage when you shoot right under the ring and it gets lower as you move away from the basket. :rolleyes:

the guards did shoot pretty poorly tonight though

19. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

yes when Yao does'nt get the ball the world should stop for Yao and everyone apologize.

20. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

And should Yao apologize when he shoots 3-9?

Stuart