1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YAO's teamates shall apologize

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by birdman, Jan 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Is that the pass that John on 610am was talking about this morning? He said that after Yao missed the pass Padgett was running back and you could read his lips saying "CATCH THE ******* Ball!!"

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was an awesome pass....they need to start zipping it AT HIS HEAD...that way when he misses it, he gets clanked.

He will learn.

DD

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

he was...i started laughing at that. my 4 year old didn't know what i was laughing at, but asked, "is that guy mad at Yao?" :D

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I heard that too, hilarious. Scott Padgett's the man. Would love to see the pass anf Padgett's response if anyone has an avi of it.

5. RocketsAstros

RocketsAstros Contributing Member

Sorry Batman, but you need to realize that you are a YOF.

I will happily admit that I am a SOF when it comes to the Orlando Magic. I think that he should touch the ball everytime also. It hurt me to watch him not get his touches when they moved him to shooting guard in the secong half of the Magic-Grizzlies game the other night. Instead of praising the team the other night for trying to better the club, all I could do was b**** that Francis needed more touches.

Do you get mad when Manu or Parker take over the game and do not give Duncan more touches. Probably not right? And its because you are not a Duncan-OF. But you are still mad because you felt that Yao did not get enough touches even though they won.

It seems to me my good man that you are a YOF!

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Do you mean when he's wide open directly under the basket? He should be expecting a pass? What a ridiculous concept.

BTW, did you read Padgett's lips after that?

7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

this might be a dumb question...but what does YOF stand for?

8. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

I didn't catch that but I got to argue that that's going too far for a player of Padgett's status. I mean, only Tmac and JVG should be yelling at Yao. I guess that's the problem with Yao; he's too nice.

Padge is so insignificant compare to Yao that Yao could fart in Padge's face and say "Pooof....Poww...Be Gone," and Padge would be traded in a nanosecond.

YOF= Yao Only Fan

9. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Padgett has shown some real clutch ability. If Yao's poof went pow then I think everyone would leave.;)

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Ill see if I can find it after work Sam....

check back later tonight...Im on the long shift again. :(

11. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

You rock, R2K. Thanks.

12. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Now that's cultural difference for you. Many of you would think that's competitiveness, "scott padget's the man", but where Yao is coming from, you never say this to your teammates.

Now let's imagine when the table turn around. If Yao gives a great pass but his teammate doesnt expect the pass and fumble the ball away (this senario sure has happened), will Yao say this? As I understand, Yao will never say this to his teammates. He will probablly goes up to him and pat on his shoulders.

Maybe the day Yao actually say this to his teammates is the day he becomes dominant in the NBA. But I hope he will dominate without resorting to this or changing into someone who he is not.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

14. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

If Scottie said that - he is in the wrong. Padge had the open shot, Yao was moving into position for the rebound. If our "power" forwards could rebound better... MAYBE this doesn't happen

15. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I watched that play several times. It was a perfect pass. It was not too hard and in perfect position for Yao to dunk it or lay it in. This is the freaking NBA. Yao has to catch that pass. No ifs, ands or buts.

Yao has the weakest hands on a big guy I have ever seen. They're not bad hands, they are weak. He has made zero improvement on this since his rookie year. The small hands excuse is a big load of b.s.

If Yao did nothing other than work with a strength coach to strengthen his hands, wrists and forearms, he could improve his rebounding and cut down on his turnovers tremendously. It's such an easy thing to do. Do it, Yao, please.

16. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

What you are saying is basically that the entire Rockets coaching staff is useless, or at least worse than you in big-man training.

17. New Jack

New Jack Member

I don't think it was the weak hands that hurt Yao on that play, it was the slow reflexes. He wasn't paying attention when the pass was made. That's one of his biggest problems. His slow reaction.

It's especially been costly this year as the NBA game has increasingly become faster. Even Van Gundy, Mr. Slow Ball, has had to adapt. No doubt, his hands are super weak, but I thinki his slow reflexes are even a bigger problem.

18. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

He does have slow reflexes, which little can be done to improve that. However, as I said, I watched that play several times on TIVO, and Yao definately saw the ball in time to make the catch, even with slow reflexes.

19. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

What is your point? Have you ever done any strength or weight training. Anyone, can improve their strength, no matter how weak. My wife, who weighs 125 recently joined a gym and started working with a trainer. In just a few weeks, she has already increased the weight on most execises by three-fold.

20. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Thats not what the man is saying. Yao is not a weak guy. He is benching over 300lbs. It is all about unbelievably slow reflexes. I have seen this happen many times where it looks as if he is watching the ball come towards him and he turns for a rebound instead of staying in the position to get a easy bucket. I dont know how to explain it. Poor Yao, I dont think that this is something we will be able to fix. He has been playing basketball long enough to realize these types of minor things. I hope I'm wrong.