1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's comments after magic game on his BBS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by littlefish_220, Jan 25, 2005.

1. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Get off of Dragon 167's jock already, its unhealthy man love....

Steve runs, jumps and wraps his legs spread eagle around Mobley's waist. Mobley Responds "Dude its the second quarter and its just a free throw"

2. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Really?

Originally posted by lancet:
    DavidS, do me a favor. Call Les to fire CD/JVG right away. If I were the GM, I wouldn't have signed Charlie Ward/Strickland. Ralfer Alston, Mike James, Damon Jones, Carlos Arroyo. All last season's free agents.

reply by NikeStrad: I can't believe CD would make such a horrible mistake, like give a former NBA star a 10-day contract to see if he had anything left. Intolerable.

Rafer Alston: 39.3% FG%, and doesn't even know if he's a good fit for the NBA the year he signs a 6 year contract.

Mike James: barely playing starters minutes (24 mins. a game) for a pretty horrible Milwaukee team. Averaging about the same points, 3.5 fewer rebounds, and 0.8 fewer assists than Sura

Damon Jones: Fewer assists and a lower FG% than Sura. Sub 30% 3P% shooting in January, and SVG is considering benching him.

Carlos Arroyo: Already got dumped, with the Jazz eating half his season's salary in the form of Elden Campbell, getting nothing but a future first from the reigning NBA champs.

Any more?

Lancet, I have never ever, ever, I mean EVER seen someone made to look so stupid. You have no credibility. You know nothing about basketball. It is proven right there with that post.

#82 Texas Stoke, Jan 26, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Rather because most of your arguments are for the birds.

(with that, lancet runs to the dictionary to figure out what "bird" means)

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Here's a good rule of thumb: When you've become more Yao-centric (as opposed to team-centric) than Yao is, you've lost perspective.

Don't be for Yao. Be like Yao.

5. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Can anyone tell us what/where Yao's parents Restaraunt is? or is it ancient YOF secret???:D

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

It does seem like most of his arguments are rather fowl...

:D:D

dragon....that is possibly the single greatest post you have ever made, tho Im not positive about that since I put you on the IL a long time ago....;)

but this is the first time I have ever seen this many ppl compliment you on a post, so I had to peek.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Me too! :)

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I like the developement of dragon167. If we forced him to post all the time, he might never have gotten to an point where he could make that kind of great post. Some might say that we were denying dragon167 the ball.. er... the chance to post. Clearly, this pace has worked and he has become better for it.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Amen!!! Great post, all the way around...but I love this last part! :)

11. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

Hi, you D man! Greatly said!

12. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

LOL! I can see that I am getting outnumbered. But I am always happy for a worthy argument. Some of posters who agree with me are not as vocal as me, but IMO it was only because they couldn't express themselves well in English. I sure hope they come back again and I sure hope English skill has nothing to do with if someone is a worthy fan of basketball.

I made my first post in the thread in response of rvpals's laughing at Yao's being sentimental to his former teammates. What rvpals failed to realize, as well as lots of others, is that Yao's sentimental attachment maybe the LAST and ONLY reason that he will stay with Houston. Don’t believe me? Just look at the cold hard facts. For Yao to excel, he needs

1. PG who can throw entry pass and shoot.
    2. Athletic PF who can rebound, block, and hit an open mid-range jumper.
    3. Good shooters to spread the floor.

Do Rockets have any of these? Nope. Are they rare in NBA? Nope. Just take a look at Mavericks, Grizzlies, Spurs, Blazers, Sonics, Jazz, Warriors, Clippers, Suns, and Kings. They ALL have the three things to make Yao excel. What most of them lack is an inside force to take them to the next level. Now can you tell me, without any bias, why should Yao choose to resign with Rockets?

Through many years of horrendous management, Rockets cap are all tied to bunch of deadweight without any trade value. Taylor $9M per for 3 years; Spoon $6M per for 2 years; Howard $6M per for 5 years. The situation won’t change for another 2 and half years. Should Yao sacrifice his development for Rockets’ horrendous management of the past? From business point of view, nope. From Yao's loyalty/sentimental attachments point of view, maybe.

Think I am a bad YOF? Imagine everyone in Team Yao to be 10 times worse! Think a casual fan like me can find so many obvious mismatches between Yao and current Rockets system, imagine what paid professionals can do! If you truly want Yao to remain a Rocket, then I am your FREE scout/customer feedback person. If you find me posting “T-Mac and Yao for the Ring” threads after Rockets game, then you would know Yao and Rockets are fitting well. If you find me posting “Pass the damn rock, Sura” threads, then you would know the situation is the other way.

Don't get me wrong. I have been a Rockets fan since Yao joined. I still watch lots of Magic game just to see how Francis does, even though I often hated his boneheaded play at Houston. I am sure I would still follow Rockets even if Yao decides to leave one day. I am sure this is all natural for most fans, since most become close to a team first by close to his/her favorite player. I am not Charvo, whose only goal of posting here is to get Yao to the Lakers.

#92 lancet, Jan 26, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  13. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

So we got a traitor who sold his soul to join the dark side. I’m talking about you, dragon167. No, you cannot leave, ‘cause you are fired! :D

14. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

http://www.yaorestaurant.com/

15. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Although I am not asian, my fiance is, and I am sure we will be frequenting the Yao restaraunt. Hopefully it is not too americanized. My gf does not care for the americanized cuisine found all over Houston. We usually end up eating down Bellaire or similar type restaraunts.

Again, THANK YOU. This might be the most excited I've been this basketball season!

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I thought someone else posted last week that this restaurant was not associated with Yao Ming or his family, just someone with the name Yao. Not sure though....

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

They are hiring

Waitstaff
    Bartenders
    Host/Hostess
    Food Runners
    Bussers

Now, waitstaff, is that waiter?
    Food Runners, the delivery guy?
    Bussers, bus boy?
    Man, they made the job tilte sound like you need a college degree to qualify.

Now, Host/Hostess. That is curious. I am sure Yao needs some Hostess to relax. Well, Ewing better at explaining that to Yao. :D

18. rvpals

rvpals Member

Chill out, lancet. Everyone can see I'm just joking. You got to learn a sense of humor.

I'm not laughing at Yao's being sentimental. Nothing can be further from the truth, in fact I admired Yao's loyalty and he cares for his teammates, these qualities are only going to strengthen the team chemistry.

It's just you should honor your ex-teammate by playing your best, and giving it all to try to win a game against them. You're disrespecting them by playing soft and let your ex-teammate win a game. And it's a fact of live in NBA, everyone can get traded, get used to it and move on.

I hate it when I have to explain to people when I make a joke.

19. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

I also made a joke using Yao's contract extension in response to yours. Apparently the joke became the rumor that I wanted Yao to fail with Rockets. Apparently none of us are good at making jokes because nobody laughed. ;)

20. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

a windandsea sighting. :eek:

You newly anointed YOF (not in a bad sense) should quit arguing and see the master.