1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's comments after magic game on his BBS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by littlefish_220, Jan 25, 2005.

1. littlefish_220

http://bbs.sports.sohu.com/yaoming/read_art_sub.php?b=yaoming1&a=402507&sr=0&allchildnum=212

try to translate it briefly:

I was not very emotional two days ago at Orlando, after all we have played magic once in the pre-season. But today these four words (A chinese saying, means like the same environment, the different fate (or people)) came across my mind when I was at Toyta center.

I felt relaxed in the game, it is like a casual chat with SF. It is peaceful. But after the game, a burst of sadness came to my mind in a sudden when we said goodbuy to each other. I can't stop myself. It is so sad to play against him in a place that is so familiar to us. Tomorrow I will go to meet Boki, and Friday it is the return of cAt. I just hope all these games pass quickly.

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

He'll be fine...:D

3. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Atleast he still has a reason to wakeup in the morning.

4. rvpals

rvpals Member

Get used to it. Yao. It's the NBA. People come and go constantly in and out of an organization.

Best way to remember them is to kick your ex-teammate's butt.

5. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

sounds like poetry :D

6. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

7. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I really don't want to see our franchise center being that sentimental. It must be the cultural difference.

8. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Better think HARD before putting the ink on the contract extension. If it is not right fit, don't do it.

10. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

well said.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I can't wait for that Magic Kings game. Steve and Cat will be throwing the ball to one another and then throwing it right back. Zero assists and 20 T.O.s

12. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Somebody fly Yao's girlfriend in here quick!!!
    The man needs some lovin'

p.s. I dont know what to really think about this. He says its uncomfortable to play against his former team mates, yet in these two games, he looked really fired up. Just like most players get for a nationally televised game.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Is that you, Rudy? Still holding out hope?

15. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

LOL, sometimes I think Yao just got caught in a timewarp, sort of like Brandon Frazer in Blast From The Past. In this day and age, kind, considerate, politeness, respect, loyalty are dying by the wayside. In the rough and crude world of the NBA where THUGS,DEGENERATES, SPYCHO PATHS are roaming the landscape, I think Yao is a very bad fit!

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Yao has a lot of heart. I respect him immensely. He may not be a basketball player that revolutionizes the game, or even a terribly dominant center, but he more than makes up for that with his grace and class.

Having said that, many of the people that profess to be YOF around here display an attitude and ignorance about the game that is just embarassing. I have followed the Rockets since Rudy T, Calvin and Moses Malone were on the team and I can never recall a time when being a fan of the team was so difficult. Not for any of the players. Not even for the aging roster, or crabby coach. It is tough to root for the Rockets because there are so many people who are following the team for other agendas. Showcasing Yao's success, blaming others for Yao's failures and whining about the percieved injustices done to Yao is more important to way, way too many of you on this BBS than rooting for the Houston Rockets.

For those of you who thinks Yao would be better off somewhere else, I have a suggestion: go away. Stop posting. If you are so bitter about a franchise who is devoting their entire future around a player who has never put up Elton Brand's numbers then you should stop rubbing your ill-informed opinions in the faces of people who actually love the team and not just one player.

17. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

This is'nt the first time you indicated you want Yao to leave houston? is it?...:mad:

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yao should get married. It seems he is faithful to just this one girlfriend from China. Why doesn't he bring her over and marry her?

Is there some sort of Chinese courtship ritual or other custom that keeps this from happening? Any folks from China have some insight on this?

If he isn't going to marry her, I'm sure he can find some female companionship to help with the loneliness.

Hey is Colin Pyle still around.?

Maybe Yao needs to get out and go to some clubs.

The poor guy doesn't seem to have much of a life.

19. 12345

12345 Member

His life revolves around basketball and computer games.

20. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Guys, Yao's folks just opened a restaurant in Houston !

If that's a piece of comforting news....

;)