1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's comments after magic game on his BBS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by littlefish_220, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you and I are wasting our time tryin to provide actual concrete facts to disprove his rantings...he doesnt want to see/hear them.

but just in case others have missed this link...Ill put it up in here since it somewhat applies to the subject at hand.

Highlights vs Magic 01/24/05

2. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Just want to add a few thoughts. First of all, I read the message, and the title was "same goods, but different people" (those words came to his mind when he finished game). You could clearly see that he was sad, especially after the game, and realized that he played against SF, and Boki and Cat are the next. But I guess he handled well, coz he played very good all-round games. He is not a robot, thank God, not yet, he still has feeling (aka heart?:)) Being a professional, you need to be able to control your emotion, and set your priority straight, not necessary or impossible to be robotic. In fact, he treasures his teammates, and appreciates what other people did for him (Steve, Rudy, CD etc), makes him more reasonable coming contract time. Anyways, different people have different life styles.

Second, everyone can see that Sura is not a perfect PG. But you also have to realize that Stockton and M. Jackson are too old, nowadays, pass-first PGs are rare, and we can't afford anyone of that calibre. Basically you can only afford two Max players, plus some quality role players. Now, many here suggested that Yao deserves a Max, which I agree. Then you should NOT expect a great PG in Rockets team in 6,7 years. Because for now, T-Mac and Yao are set, and we still need some quality at the 4 badly. If you say send Yao to another team, which is not in Rockets' interest, but for argument's sake, you also have to see that Yao is not a dominant player, and he can NOT carry a team on his own. In other words, if you want another star on that team (for instance, Lakers) you still won't get a perfect PG. In conclusion, you have to live with the fact, that Yao is NOT going to get the ball everytime, at a fraction of a second when he has the perfect low position. Period, bashing Sura or not is not helping, coz you don't have a solution, and you can't.

There is NO team, that is perfect in every position, first, noone can afford; second, even if you build a team like that, win every game, there will be no more tickets sold. Nobody is perfect, so noone wants to see anything perfect.

Speaking of fans, I always believe fans would wish their favourite player do well, according to the player's opinion, NOT the opinion of the fan. Yao's frustration a while ago, was largely due to his inefficient games, ingury, foul troubles, etc. Sure, when he's down, he might not be happy with teammate, coach, fans, himself whatever it is. That is totally normal, but to suggest some conspiracy or intention to leave Rockets etc, that's just uncalled for. If you are a fan of Yao, just respect him and respect his words of staying in Houston. Whether he was being diplomatic, it's not our concern and no need to interprete. Respect him, yourself, and the team, and fellow fans. Those attack the team, organization everyday, are not YOF (i don't like the term), but a fan of their own, in other words, trolls, who just want to act different and gain attention. Because clearly, you are only doing demage to Yao, if you are really a fan of him, how could you? For example, you say you fall in love with a girl, and just hate everyone in her family. You go into her home everyday, blame every family member of her, father sucks, mother sucks, the little brother sucks the most. I guess you won't gain any love from them, and they will all turn to the girl, for she bringing you in. I guess you won't win the love of that girl either. She wouldn't want to have anything to do with you. Now, can you still call yourself a huge fan of her?!

Houston Rockets is not an elite team now. You can't expect perfect games and plays night in and night out. For whatever reason, you registered on this bbs, let's just respect each other, and wish the team do well, including every individul on the team.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

well said real egal.

you perfectly covered the frustration many have with some so called fans that expect everyone on the team to be a allstar..and mercialessly trash the players cause they arent.

when you have two allstars...ones that get or will get the max...you simply cannot afford to stock the team with more stars....this isnt a video game folks...we have to get who we can afford and who wants to come here.

This team wasnt going to contend for a trophy this year....no matter how hyped the fans were after the trade...no one honestly thought we were going to win it all this year.....management included.

they got guys that could compete....old or not...ex-Knicks or not...

they, and most of us, know that alot of these guys arent going to be here when it is time for the push for the ring in a year or two...

we will keep getting pieces until we get the optimal blend of role players to surround our stars....then we will be contenders.....

this isnt goin to be quick...patience is required.....patience and support.....if you dont know the meaning of patience...then you obviously werent a fan of the Rockets when they were constantly losing in the 70s and 80s.....

other than 81 and 86...the Rockets with Dream didnt even do that well....it tool years of maturation from Dream and adding players to support him before we got good enough to be true contenders.

Good things come to he who waits.

if you cant wait....go find a contender to bandwagon for...we dont need you or want you here.

4. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Well the video doesn't lie. Sura DOES pass to Yao :p

5. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Yao's girlfriend, Ye Li, is a very good basketball player too.

She doesn't want to be known as Yao's grilfrined, Yao's wife, the woman behind Yao.

She wants to have her own identity, wants to have her own sucessful career before becoming Yao's woman. Thats why she doesn't want to marry Yao at an early age. She would not retire from WCBA to end her career just to be here with Yao, they only way to get Ye Li here is to by Houston Comets.

6. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

My nephew went to that restaurant already. He said it is good and not too expensive ($200 for 7).

7. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

As always, Great Job on the time and effort, Rockets2K.

Why do I always feel so gay when I compliment a fellow human being that happens to be a man. :eek:

8. nappdog

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I just saw the play where Cato tripped Sura. Cato must be a YOF who understands the worldwide conspiracy that JVG and Sura have to keep Yao from achieving superstar status.:D

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's face the cold hard truth. Sura, Barret, Cat, Francis, both Jacksons, boki, Barry, Padget, Bowen, Ward, Cato, Wesley, Tmac, Strickland, Spoon and any other player on the Rockets that has played with Yao just can't pass, or won't pass the ball to Yao.

Despite seeing almost every single player mentioned pass it to Yao, I know they don't do it. That is the only possible reason why Yao hasn't broken Wilt's scoring record, and averaged a quadruple double for his career. Oh yeah, all that plus the coaches all hate him, and are trying to design an offense that doesn't include him.

These players and coaches are trying to sabotage themselves by leaving Yao out as much as possible. But he's so good he still has some great nights.

There is no other reason for any of that. Just because most people can see defenders that I can't, doesn't mean Yao isn't open. When you see two guys just a few feet away from Yao, waiting to pounce if the ball is thrown to him, I know that he is really open, despite that.

So it isn't that Yao is covered, or ever turns the ball over, or doesn't have good enough position, or is still learning, or not strong enough, or able seal his man off, or any of that. The only reason Yao ever doesn't get the ball is because his teammates don't throw it to him.

10. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I didn't want to quote the whole post but it was excellent. The "Conspiracy against Yao" theories would put me on the floor with laughter if they weren't so frustratingly pathetic.

11. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

You mean they are like that in China now too!!!

OMG, What has the world come to!!! :eek:

BTW, what is Yao's restaraunts name? Where is it? Thanks!

#71 Gummi Clutch, Jan 26, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  12. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

I know a chinese reporter working in Houston here and she told me his girlfriend has been in H-town for a few weeks.

13. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

I am YOF but I think you and some YOFs are so embarrassingly rude here. This is rockets forum. For those non rocket fans including myself, we should use it as our privilege rather than right. We are just guests who are lucky enough to be allowed to use this excellent forum. You dont go to a party as a guest and complain about their food and settings. U dont go there and suggest the singer to leave because u think the sound system sucks. If u dont like it, just leave. I personally dont like some posters here and I have decided to keep my posts to minimum. U and a lot of YOFs should do the same in my humble opinion. Rockets fans loyal to rockets ONLY. YOFs loyal to Yao ONLY. There are fundamental differences. I think that's the reason some very well known Yao fans seldomly post here any more and I respect their action. Actually there are a lot of Yao forums in which most posters think Yao is greatest of all time and any Yao's wrong is something else fault. Why dont u join those forums? I still like this forum because I like to see the opinions from rocket fans perspective. But to be very honest some very outspoken YOFs have significantly degraded the quality of the posts here. I mean if u want to make here like yaoming mania/espn/sohu forums, why not u just post on these forum and leave here alone? My feeling is that some of the very outspoken YOFs have really wore out the welcome of Yao fans here. No offense if one of the most fair minded moderator ask u to stop posting, u need to look at the mirror and consider what u should do next.

By the way, I hate the term YOF now as Clutch defined it as fans who wont follow Rockets closely once Yao leave. It seems now it was defined as fans who think Yao is greatest of all time and any Yao's wrong is something else fault. I am not sure I should consider myself YOF anymore.

Last but not least, I am not sure if Sura is the greatest PG of all time. But dont forget how sura's rebounding (as was steve's) skills help Yao out. We lost most of the games if we're out rebounded. That's likely the case if we're using traditional PG (Strickland or barret) instead of sura. Losses will expose Yao's poor rebounding skills again (U know what happens here after losses) and sura covers his ass now. And if u dont like his hustle and energy, there is nothing I can do.

14. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Post of the year! dragon167, you should post more often! you make me feel bad to call you a YOF! If all the YOFs had your intelligence the board would be a lot more pleasant to read. Thank you!

15. nappdog

Excellent post, dragon167.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

The wise chinese man would say, trade mean 3 new friends I will have. Not lose any.

17. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

I'm a dragon167 fan now. Nice post.

18. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Ballhog??? :confused: :eek: He is averaging 5 assists per game...

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

dragon167, that was a nice post.

20. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I am a dragon167 only fan.