1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's comments after magic game on his BBS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by littlefish_220, Jan 25, 2005.

1. littlefish_220

Talk about diverting from the topic, this thread rapidly changes to be a sura-bashing plus YOF-bashing one. Geez

2. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

You guys are over-reacting about YOFs. It's only nature for his countrymen to hope he do well in the NBA. I know a lot of people initially follow Yao only and have grown to love Rockets as well. It's a two-way street after all.

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

You know, when we ended that thread about the restaurant, I said you and I should stop arguing because we're literally on the same team.

Evidently I was mistaken.

4. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Then treat it like a business. To my knowledge Yao hasn't complained about the situation. If you have a problem with a co - worker, and you have more clout than that co-worker, it's your responsibility to inform the management of the situation and let them try to resolve it. If you fail to do so and then still leave a company when you're a crucial member to that company, it becomes your fault morally.

And don't give me that it's his culture to not complain about co - worker, I'm Shanghainese with relative and friends in Shanghai, it's the same way there as it's here. You have clout, you have problem with some one, try to solve the situation to maximizing teamwork before it becomes a bigger problem.

P.S. This is in no way saying that Yao is unhappy with Sura or the Rox, just that if it's the case he would've (or atleast should've) voiced his opionion. IMO I think Yao is happy with the current Rox (I dearly hope).

#44 wizkid83, Jan 25, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  5. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

We will not lose games at the expense of speedily trying to develop Yao. The Rockets will do both: win games and develop Yao over time (with Yao contrubuting a large portion of points and rebounds). At his own pace.

So, there is none of this "bad for Yao's development" about it.

Forcing the ball to Yao will cause loses, which is what you want. You want Yao to be unhappy. You want Yao to lose games for the Rockets so that he will go to another team. You really don't care about the Rockets, so you make-up stiff. Oh well...too bad for you.

#45 DavidS, Jan 25, 2005
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, because all you care about is "Team Yao," and the vast majority of us care about a team, the Rockets. Yao is one of our best players, and will be one for many years, but he is still just a member of the team.

Good and great players come and go. I've had my hearty broken by Elvin Hayes leaving the team. I thought it was terrible when we lost Moses. I was upset about losing Sampson, although I understood the reasons. We've lost players I loved because of drugs, because of injuries (Sampson), and age (Dream). Those players, and many others, left the team for one reason or another, and it bothered me a lot.

But the team endures, thanks to people like Jeff and Clutch. You need to find a new team, or a new hobby. Most of us are beyond tired of this BS.

Keep GARM Readable!!

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Hope-less. :rolleyes:

8. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Why every thread about Yao has to turn out to be something that Sura is at feud with Yao?

Sura is not a natural PG playing out of position. The Rockets knows it, JVG knows it, everyone knows it. We also know that we don't have $$ or trade bait to bring in high quality natural PG. As such, we are temprarily stuck with Sura at 1 who has brought heart, hustle, energy and other intangibles to the team and has helped us tremendously in the recent winning streak. Yep, his passing, and also shot selection might be suspicious. But that's it, we don't have better solution so let's just making those crazy endless argument about Sura not passing the ball to Yao. :mad:

9. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Maybe Boki can take Yao to Bourbon Street to see some of what Mardi Gras is about. Imagine a 7'6 Chinese guy walking down Bourbon street, a foot and a half taller than everyone in the crowd. And wearing a neckfull of Mardi Gras beads with a freakin Hurricane in his hand. He needs to have some fun....

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, yeah..I'm sure that's it.

Is that you, Yetti?

11. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Since when have all the mod become psychic? I do admit lately I have had too much time wasted on this board. ;)

12. lancet

Last time I checked, we are still on the same board. Thus we are still on the same team. Do I expect you to agree on my points? Most likely not.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

;)

14. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

ROFLOL :D :D :D

Brilliant!

15. lancet

Apparently you are NOT psychic. So there is no need for you to read my mind. Find a post where I want Yao to be unhappy and Rockets to fail. Otherwise stop making up crap.

BTW, you would be out of your mind if you truely believe Sura is good for Yao's development. Last night's game was obvious.

Barry and Yao : Chemistry. Either Yao gets a dunk near basket, or Barry gets an open shot.
    Sura and Yao: No Chemistry. Sura continues to dribble to ball to try to find another open player who would throw up brick.

16. lancet

No. I am Clutch's YOH Half.

17. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Yao and T-mac will be teamates on THIS team for a very long time buddy, get used to it, accept it, and apply it.

18. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Oh, really? I'm making up crap? Then what were you implying in your above statement?
    Tell me why a true Rocket fan would suggest that Yao NOT sign an extension?

Last night was OBVIOUS that Sura played his heart out and helped win the game. It's not just about Yao. It's about the team. Yet, all you care about is getting the ball to Yao just so he can score more points. You're the kind of fan that complains that we didn't beat a team by 14 points instead of 11 points. Or that Yao scored 22 when he should have scored 24. Big deal. We won! And the Rox controlled most the game and closed it out in the end. With everyone involved. And incase you didn't notice, TMac was NOT in the game. There has to be another scoring threat in the back-court when TMac is not playing (also when being doubled or on the bench).

So, enough with the "development of Yao." He's developing fine.

When TMac comes back he'll take back the reigns. And when Tmac is not on the floor Sura will contribute just like he's been doing the last two months. As long as it wins games. Yao will win too! As a part of this team.

#58 DavidS, Jan 25, 2005
  19. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

dude, get over it. the truth is Sura does pass to Yao. if you didn't watch games, there's a video clip in the game thread than can prove it. Sura is no ballhog. he may not have passed to Yao every time down the court as you like, guess what? nobody will. too bad. Rockets are a far better fit than your GS. when was the last time GS made the playoff?? and talking about ballhog, Jasno Richardson is ballhog. you want him to pass to Yao, you gotta be kidding me.

20. munco

munco Member

ha ha. funniest post i've read in a while!