1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Y! Sports]Hou has gotten inquires for F Jeffries

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

she is cute, but her knowledge of the game gives me wood. :p

2. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

3. AXG

AXG Member

I'll gladly take Curry if it means getting draft picks/Randolph. Do it Morey!

4. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I don't think Morey is gonna bite on just anything. JJ will have more value at the deadline.

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Again, why would the Knicks trade an expiring contract in Curry for Jeffries who's also expiring?! For the nth time, the Knicks aren't trading Curry for role players. They will use his expiring contract to try to acquire a superstar preferably Melo or CP3.

6. worzel gummidge

The Knicks would gladly trade Curry to anyone just to make him another team's problem.

The question is why do the Rockets do it? Curry would be near to impossible to salary dump at the trade deadline. The Rockets would be committing to $20M ($10M salary, $10M tax) just to get Randolph or picks.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

"Expiring". What's the point of getting role players when they could just let his contract expire at the end of this season (if they don't get to trade for a star) ,get extra cap room and make a run at a big time FA this summer? Let alone trade for another expiring contract (Jeffries) whom they just traded to us this past season. Sure it's ironic... stupid as well.

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Make a run at a star free agent NEXT summer rather.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You know, this is ok. I think randolph upside is high enough to take curry and his expiring. I actually think randolph can be a better version of horry when he was here. He handles the ball as well as ariza and his jumper is getting better. This would keep their lux tax situation the same,but they still have battier and hayes expiring contracts.

10. Ashes

Ashes Member

I like this chick.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

this chick is awesome.

someone get her too post.

12. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Gallinari is better than Chandler. He is probably the only one close to untouchable for the knicks.

Randolph has (or had) superstar potential, but he is a bit of headcase. I'd love to have him. We'll have a guy who is close to 7 foot and really athletic and has some natural feel for the game. He needs a good coach and some mentors to set him straight.

13. Dei

Dei Member

*yawn* we need a new one

14. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Prepare for the negative-reputation onslaught.

15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

we should do the trade, and then near the trade deadline send Curry to the Knicks for Jeffries + assets. Let's see how long this thing can last lol.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would NOT hit....

:rolleyes:

17. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I don't see a weakness at the SG spot. We have 6 guys that can play there. Martin, Brooks, Budinger, Taylor, Ariza, and Battier. Not saying they're all ideal players but it's not a glaring need IMO. Even if we did get a pure SG, he's not going to see many minutes. RA is not going to take minutes away from Brooks and Bud just so that we can have a pure SG on the floor at all times.

What we lack is more star power, so trading for another role player is pretty useless, especially if it takes away our ability to trade for a star type player. If Morey can someone trade away an asset for more tradable asset value because a team values one of our assets more then us or your typical NBA team does, then go for it.

And that may be the case with us. If NY wants to trade an expiring for expiring just because they think Jeffries has value beyond his contract, then fine, but it should cost the Knicks a little something to get that done.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Look, the Knicks wants Jefferies back because their defense suffered dramatically when he left. He fits perfectly as a flex 4-5 defensive minded big who can run the floor, take charges, and guard wings as well. Curry and Jefferies are both expiring this year as well so it makes sense for the Knicks to WANT to get Jefferies back and possibly shed more salary at the end of the season.

Ok, that was why the KNICKS would want to pursue this trade. Now lets say they inquired about this to the Rockets which is the case obviously. Let me save you the mystery and tell you that Morey probably said NO WAY IN HELL do I want anything to do with Curry for a full season.

If no other team in the NBA will touch this guy what makes you think the Rockets would do something like that?

Jefferies could play a role for us off the bench as a situational defender this year and sure the Rockets would love to trade him for young talent or picks, but that probably would not happen until the trade deadline.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

New York has the cap space to eat JJ's salary. I bet you anything that they are offering to take his salary off our hands, if we give them their picks back. It would get us below the luxury tax threshold. So essentially paying us 14 million for the picks that they owe us. We would also get a trade exception for JJ's salary.

20. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

LO -FING- L!!!!