1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Y! Sports]Hou has gotten inquires for F Jeffries

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I agreed...i think he's like Doug Christie except he can't shoot.

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

If this happens and involves us getting anything useful, it would seriously make my YEAR to see them pay us off to take JJ and then pay us off to give him back.

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I say no. Lets see what Jeffries can do on a good team.

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Yea another ex sacramento player stojakovic?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

and Central Park

6. shutkip

shutkip Member

Yoyo is right actually. At the time of the original trade, the 2010 pick was a future pick. As a result, they couldn't trade us the 2011 pick straight up (since it is consecutive years), so a swap was done instead.

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Former Sac Players?

Gerald Wallace?

8. moreyball

moreyball Member

question: why would NY want to get rid of an 11.2 million expiring in order to get a 6.8 million expiring? I read they are trying to make a push to get either Carmelo or Paul before the season starts (via trade). If they do happen to trade for either, wouldn't they need the capspace for the 2011 offseason to sign whoever they didn't trade for to create their own big 3?

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Jeffries + Budinger for Chandler + Gallinari

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Chandler
    Ariza/Gallinari/Battier
    Scola/Hill/Patterson
    Yao/Miller/Hayes

:grin:

10. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Some comments from TheKnicksBlog.com

"Life as a Knicks fan has always been unpredictable"

"Oh my God Zeke really is here…"

"It’s things like this that make me not want to be a Knicks fan. Nevertheless, I’m here to stay."

"I would vomit"

"If only this was true…this could be the dumbest move EVER!"

http://www.theknicksblog.com/

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No fool. Its Bibby duh! :rolleyes:

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Bibby
    Martin
    Wallace
    Webber
    Miller

Trade for Gerald Wallace and Mike Bibby. Bring back C-Webb outta retirement and you have your self the 2010-2011 Houston Kings!

13. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Maybe because Denver would want as little <i>deadweight</i> coming back as possible since they are already in Luxury Tax land. If they are going to retool a bit and trade Carmelo, then no need to be paying quite a bit of Luxury Tax this season while transitioning for a year or two.

I have been tinkering with trade scenarios involving NY, Denver and Houston.
    At this point in time, the NY trade options are very limited.

14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

HOU has got several inquiries about F Jared Jeffries ($6.8 m in final yr of contract), according to a source. Knicks dangling Curry, assets

"several inquiries"....why just mention what the Knicks are offering.

Would be an even better discussion w/ all teams mentioned that's trying to acquire JJ....what they're offering etc.

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

if you have a twitter account, message Marc Spears and ask him to elaborate.

16. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

Per Jonathan Feigen

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Aren't they way under the cap? They could just take Jeffries for future picks and cash coming back to the Rockets getting the Rox....ehem...under the Lux tax line.

;)

DD

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

As mentioned, only draft assets NYK could offer would be removal of pick protection (almost meaningless, since they aren't going to be the worst team in the league the next two years. Bad, but not the worst) or 2nd rounders: they have them in 2011 and 2012.

The lowest amount of salary we could send out for Curry alone is $9M. Jefferies counts as $6.9M.

I'm all for a lateral trade that eases the congestion we have in the frontcourt. Even after the Anderson trade, we've got 8 guys to rotate through at the 4/5, 3 SFs, and only 1 true SG with a giant question mark as a backup (Taylor). I'm not found of the idea of guys playing out of position to back up the 2, especially when Martin has a history of missing big stretches.

The other nice thing is, Jeffries for Curry gives us an even bigger expiring chip in December. I'm a little surprised that the Knicks aren't more focused on that, given their dreams of pulling of a longshot Paul or Melo deal.

As much as I dislike him, Curry probably does give us better insurance than Jeffries should Yao go down for the count. Miller can handle 20 mpg, and Hill still needs to prove he can man big minutes at the position.

All that said,
    1. I don't see NY giving us Randolph. They're making this move because they need playable talent and handing over their second best player would be nonsensical. Besides, we don't have room in the rotation for him.

2. As it stands, we'd have to include someone else making at least $2.1M to make the trade happen. Is it worth it if that piece is Chuck or Hill? Personally, I don't think so, not at the minor reward of a second rounder.

19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I don't know if this has anything to do with the supposed Jeffries trade but the Knicks just signed Roger Mason.

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/20414506254

Looks like you can cross of the Knicks in the potential Rudy Sweepstakes.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

can't wait to see Knicks chick come out with a video on this one.