1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Y! Sports]Hou has gotten inquires for F Jeffries

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Just a few months ago they couldn't give this guy away...and now they want him back? Un-freaking-real.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Randolph and Curry for Hill and Jeffries! :grin:

3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Anyone like Gallinari??

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Curry+Randolph for Jeffries+Hill+Chuck :grin:

5. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Yeah I don't know what we could be sending back to match Curry's contract.

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

damn, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

7. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I would NOT give Hill back to them with Jefferies for Curry and Randolph. Randolph is going to be good but Hill has a lot of potential to do the same and he's already getting familiar with the system. Jefferies for Randolph and Picks I would do.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow, tis thread is going to take off. We were waiting for some type of Rockets news. :grin:

9. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

I think a three team trade with Curry going elsewhere is more plausible. Curry's contract plus assets is gonna be tough to match unless we add our own assets, which I doubt Morey would do.

10. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Umm, basically Randolph is the player everyone hopes Hill could be. Randolph has actually had more than 4 arguably good games. Hill has the tools but Randolph has shown far more ability to translate it to the court than Hill ever has.

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Randolph is the more NBA-proven player so far, PLUS he has higher a ceiling than Hill. Without us taking Curry there's no motivation for NY to do anything.

12. RedOctober67

RedOctober67 Member

Do we really want anything from the Knicks besides their picks, which we already have?

Ok you can argue Anthony Randolph...I can see that, but dont we have PP and Hill who are much younger?

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If the Knicks are dangling assets for Jeffries, then they want to free up their first rounder(s).

Randolph would be nice, but he was a good pickup for them.

Other than Amar'e and Randolph, the Knicks do have some decent players. Maybe give us a chance to swing other deals if we acquire any of them.

Wonder what other teams are interested. Do they just want cap space next year or can we get (a) player(s) that can really help the team without screwing up future salary cap considerations?

14. RedOctober67

RedOctober67 Member

Arent we being a little too Harsh on the guy who just came in Last season?

15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Randolph is younger than both PP and Hill.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

They cannot trade consecutive first round picks the 2010 pick was traded so they must have a 2011 pick (hence the swap) and they cannot trade the 2013 pick.

Heck I would be happy with NO lotto protection on the 2011 swap and the 2012 pick.

Problem is the Knicks have nothing to offer outside of removing the protection and a player like randolph but then that would further clog the front court.

maybe Wilson Chandler would be involved as a backup to martin. But even then having to take on Eddy Curry would push the Rockets far into the tax and the Knicks would have to give up a lot for the Rockets to do that.

Keep in mind Curry makes about 4 million MORE than Jeffries so the Rockets would have to include someone else in the deal to make the salaries match that most likely would have to be Hill and Taylor/Chase

Unless they give up multiple first rounders and swaps from 2011-2016 I dont see why the Rockets would deal with NY.

Even if they included randolph then Shane would have to be included in the deal as well and probably with the understanding he would be bought out and re-sign with houston

I am more curious to see what the other teams have offered/inquired in terms of Jeffries

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How about Jeffreies and Hill for Randolph and Curry lol!!

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

...and more experienced.

19. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Haha. Harsh..

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I love this pick swap loophole. Bypasses rules meant to protect teams like NY from Morey.