1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WWII] Remember 'Rape of Nanjing' - 70 Years After

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by yuantian, Dec 13, 2007.

1. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

It's really a shame that StupidMoniker and syin1 have turned such a honorable thread into a pissing match because of their own personal agendas.

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Sadly we're both better than you; syin1 for entertainment value, and myself in, well, pretty much every way imaginable. :p

3. MFW

MFW Member

No of course you didn't claim there were 27 million deaths. You just tossed it around as if it were true. In other words, you implied it. In fact, you tossed around at least two or three numbers around in this thread. Better yet, you didn't even use the quantifiers "I heard" or "they were accused of." You just stated bluntly as if it were true, using shaky "evidence" at that.

And no, photographic evidence may not prove that there were 27 million death, but at least it goes to prove that Mao, if as you claimed, purged millions of people.

But I love how we throw numbers around so liberally.

4. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

I'd wouldn't be surprised by anything said by a hypocrite like you. What else can I say now since you have already openly admitted that you are a hypocrite?

5. StupidMoniker

Technically, I said only that I could allow myself to be called a hypocrite by complaining only about the Chinese. Since I don't complain about only the Chinese, the descriptor doesn't really apply. Another great lesson in the perils of poor reading comprehension from my most severe critic.

6. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

Don't lie. I have seen you complain in almost every single Nanjing thread. I have never seen you complain about the other races of people. Show me some links to prove me wrong. I'd be more than happy to admit my so-called 'poor reading comprehension ability' if you can. Until then, you are a hypocrite. It's just that plain and simple. Looks like you have serious problem with the victims who got massacred in Nanjing. Why?

7. syin1

syin1 Member

After reading your previous posts, I found that you are rather thoughtful. Actually I agree with most of what you have elaborated in this thread. But just because we have different political point, i.e. our attitude toward Mao differs from each other, for the reason both of us clearly know---most Taiwanese don't like Mao, most mainlanders have a great deal of admiration for Mao--- you call me derogatory names, is that a fair game? What if I call you names just because you said Mao is an idiot? I don't want to play the debate like that, bro. Let's have more meaningful discussion. furthermore, what personal agendas do i have here? If so, who doesn't? What kind of benefit could I harvest by just speaking up certain popular views? With all due respect, I could laugh my asses off facing that kind of accusation. Please avoid being a self-important proctor.

8. StupidMoniker

We seem not to have many threads about other races (is Chinese a race now?) of people. I'll complain about five right now.

Japan (just for you): I dislike the fact that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. They paid for it dearly, and it may have won the war for the Allies, but it was a ****ty thing to do. I think you should put a country on notice before bombing them like we did with Iraq (although I think we jumped the deadline :eek: IIRC. Oh, and I can't stand most of their cultural contributions and the fact that they are such big hits in America.

Iraq: I dislike the fact that the people of Iraq attack American soldiers. If they would focus on fixing their country, they would accomplish their goal of getting most of the troops to leave, and it isn't like they are going to beat America militarily.

Saudi Arabia: What a bunch of two-faced assholes. They are one of our biggest allies, but they are also one of the top sources of terrorism in the world. Majority of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi.

North Korea: setting aside the rogue nation stuff - can't they see how much better South Korea is doing? Why persist along their idiotic course instead of reforming and probably eventually reuniting with their southern kin?

Canada: How about kicking in for the protection provided by the US? You guys know you have tons of resources and not the means to defend it. If Iraq were really about oil, it would have been a lot easier to simply annex the Canucks. The excellent soldiers they lend to many US military efforts are nice, but a few billions would be nicer.

Bonus - Mexico: If their country weren't such a dung heap, we wouldn't have to worry about illegal immigration. What's the deal with waving the Mexican flag at protests about immigration enforcement anyway, pick one or the other.

Double Bonus - The USA: Stop propping up brutal foreign dictators. And stop giving money and arms to terrorist groups that we happen to agree with at the time. Maybe if we hadn't armed and trained them in Afghanistan, the Ruskies would have prevented 9/11.

9. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

The good: Very righteous of you *clapping* there.

The bad: You are serious reading comprehension problem.

I am not saying you didn't criticize the other race of countries. I am talking about your hypocritical double standard there:

Post #65

Your complaint about the Nanjng Massacre is as hypocritical as Britney Spears tries to write a book to teach people how to be good parents. Why did you only complain about the complaints in the Nanjing threads. What's your problem with the victim who got massacred in Nanjing? What have you said when the other nationality of people complained about the massacre of their own people in history? Again, I am asking for links here if you did. Until then, you are a hypocrite. It's just that plain and simple.

10. StupidMoniker

Where are all of these threads with people complaining about massacres? If I saw one, and I saw the hypocrisy in it, I would call it out.

11. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

I have seen more Holocaust threads than Nanjing threads. I will never be so low to say people who complain about the Holocaust are hypocrites because some other totally unrelated events that have taken place in the history of Israel. Maybe you would? Links?

12. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

You say I am biased against Mao because I am Taiwanese. I say you are biased against me because I am Taiwanese. Fair enough?

Look on the bright side, at least I am not one of the idiots who said Mao purposefully used the Great Leap Forward to kill his own people. But, no matter how you slice it, Mao is uneducated and naive. He didn't intend to kill. But his stupid economic reforms had caused a human tragedy in the history of your country.

13. StupidMoniker

Here is a post from several months ago in which I point out that the Russians must denounce Stalin when complaining of Neo-Nazis or be called hypocrites, and under a hypothetical situation where Israel had ever done anything like Hitler's Germany, Stalin's USSR, Mao's China, or Imperial Japan, they would have to renounce that when complaining about the holocaust or be hypocrites. You can go ahead an admit that you were wrong any time. :p

14. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

Stop twisting the facts around, Stupid Moniker. Your mentioned the Russians only after you had been exposed as an hypocrite in the other thread just like what I have done in this thread here. The only difference is that your reply was to another poster.

September 2007:
    Poster A: StupidMoniker, you are a hypocrite who only complain about the people who complain about the Nanjing Massacre.
    StupidMonitor: Ok, alright, alright, Russians are hypocrites too if they complained about the Nazi.

January 2008:
    SevereCr1tic: Hey StupidMoniker, you are a hypocrite who only complain about the people who complain about the Nanjing Massacre.
    StupidMonitor: Look, I have complained before about the Russians who complained about the Nazi.

Stop lieing. You were forced to use Russia as an example only after another
    poster had exposed that you were an hypocrite. And now you used that as an example that you have complained about the Russians who complained about the Nazi before? How laughable.

15. StupidMoniker

Why would I have mentioned Russia in a thread about China before being accused of hypocrisy? That makes no sense. When asked to provide other examples I did so. I did it then, and I did it now - again in a thread about China, where there would be no expectation that Russia would be mentioned. I don't know why you would expect any mention of Russia (or any other country not involved in the topic) in a thread about China and Japan or a thread about China and Taiwan. It only really makes sense to bring it up when asked for other examples.

16. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

Good, what you have said there has only proved that the Russian example is nothing to prove that you are not a hypocrite. Another example for you here:

Employee A: Hey boss, you are a hypocrite. You only called me out when I make a mistake but you have never called employee B and C out if they do.

Boss: Alright...ok...know what? I'd call B and C out too if they make a mistake.

Fast forward to 6 months later...

Employee E: Hey boss, you are a hypocrite. You only called me out when I make a mistake but you have never called employee B and C out if they do.

Boss: What? I am not a hypocrite, I have said before that I'd call employee B and C if they made a mistake too.

See? You have said things before which proved that you are a hypocrite but you have never said anything before that can help to defend yourself that you are not one.

17. StupidMoniker

You are making less and less sense. According to your "logic" the first time you take any action with regard to any person, you are a hypocrite because you have not in the past taken the same action with regard to all other people. If I was posting in a thread about Russia and the Russians were b****ing and moaning about the Nazis, I would talk about the Russians. Since I haven't seen any of those threads, but I have seen a bunch of threads about the Chinese complaining about Japan, guess which country gets a post. In fact, I mentioned Russia and Israel in a thread about China and I never mentioned Chinese hypocrisy in a thread about Israel or Russia (to the best of my recollection). Seems if I am being unfair to anyone, it is to the Russians.

Anyway, you feel I am a hypocrite, and it is your right to say that (or would be here in America, I don't have any idea where you live). I disagree (at least with regard to this subject, I think everyone is a hypocrite on at least some minor issue - nobody's perfect). I think I have fairly conclusively proven that I am right, and thus, that is the last I will post on the subject. For future reference, when you ask for someone to find an old post that shows something, and they do, you are welcome to either eat crow or just STFU instead of trying to rationalize that for whatever reason it isn't good enough.

18. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

Your problem is that you made a claim that one of your past posts could prove that you are not hypocritical in this issue. But the problem is that post actually served nothing to make me believe that you are less a hypocrite than I thought. I have given you two examples (post #154 and post #156) to explain why I think in this way. Like the example in post #156. Yes, the boss had made that statement 6 months ago. And, yes, he is a hypocrite. It's just that plain and simple.

The problem is that there is no crow to eat. I would be the first one to admit a mistake if I know it. But you have done nothing to prove that it's a mistake to call you a hypocrite. Actually, the more we discuss in this thread, the more I am convinced that my judgment on you is right.

19. syin1

syin1 Member

OK, I'm not biased against you at all. I was against the fact that you call me names just because we have different opinions. That's not the great principle of DEMOCRACY, my friend. I totally understand your views of Mao, which doesn't mean I would agree with you, and that's something to debate on. I will not call Jiang the senior or Jiang the junior an idiot, and i wouldn't even call Mr. Chen Shuibian an idiot. It's just not the way to prove your point. Political figures are never so simple that we can judge them by calling them idiots.

I sensed that you treat mainland (too many times called China nowadays) and Taiwan (still a part of greater China by the constitutions of both sides of Taiwan strait) separately, how wrong the education of the CCP's toward its people that Taiwan people are our compatriots. Isn't that a rude wake up call that the people we regard as brothers and sisters (at least politically so) are so hostile against us, saying we are barbarians and backwards and so and so? I do not know your stance on whether Taiwan and mainland china should united as one country eventually or you would pursue Taiwan independence. If the latter, I'm just deeply sad to see such a gloomed future for the Chinese across the Taiwan strait---one was exploited by US, and potentially Japan, as a strategic chess against the other. By the way, I don't think Taiwan will ever become an independent country, not because I'm from mainland, but because Taiwan just doesn't have that kind of prowess to gain leverage towards itself. Sorry the international politics has been, is, and will always be the brutal jungle rule----the stronger one wins. It's like the mainland china can not beat US navy without harming itself badly now, so it can not take over Taiwan today. Ecomocally Taiwan is so dependent upon mainland China (vice versa, but to a much less degree), and militarily, it's so vulnerable that it can be demolished very easily. For it's people's endurance and patience, unlike Taiwan, mainland China could sustain relatively serious damage, economically and strategically, for quite a while. This doesn't apply to Taiwan.

Regarding stupidmoniker, this guy is seriously lack of basic logic in his arguments. He exposed his innate racism attitude toward the Chinese. He used the source written by someone who once declared the earth is flat to justify his points (not because she married a Brit). Every country will have a special space for someone called a liar or a traitor. It's so despicable for someone to use false, unrelated information to justify his doom-to-fail point.