1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WTF Rafer???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, May 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

absolutely stupid thread. the guy is inconsistent. by definition, he'll have games like this

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

and for when rafer does shot well with the magic, you have to consider the psychological impact of having tremendous scorers/shooters around him. I dont know about y'all, but i'd i'm playing with those guys i dont want to be THE guy who shot poorly and cost us the game. Back when he was here he wasn't the only one who shot poorly most of the time, although he did it more consistently.

Also, wit the shooters he's got around him, it really opens up the inside, so it's easier for him to go in with a teardrop, especially if dwight's man is afraid to leave dwight alone to challenge Rafer. Heck, put Head with that lineup and he's going to play like a starter.

3. Rocket_Man_2.0

people said Rafer would suck in the playoffs..he's single handly keeping Magic in the game...what did Lowry and Cook do for us against the Lakers?? Yea that's right... :rolleyes:

4. redao

redao Member

ever since Rafer left, we started winning more.

ever since Rafer left, we did not have 4th quarter collapses.

ever since Rafer left , we passed 1st round.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

-NEGATIVE REP POINTS ARE BEING MENTALLY TRANSMITTED TO YOU-​

6. lastmanstanding

He does suck. 38.5 % shooting. He's hurt the Magic too with his lousy shooting too. This is his only game where he's shot better than 50 % from the field.

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

you obviously don't post often enough.

if you did, you'd have absorbed some sense by now, even in the clustered GARM

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Lies.

9. Rocket_Man_2.0

We were winning with Rafer

Rafer saved our ass many times with his clutch 3's in 4th

we would've have beat Lakers if we had Rafer and be in the WCF

Experience Matters...Rockets would've gone just as far with Rafer starting then Brooks..probably farther...

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

well this is his first game in the series shooting over 50%, so i can tell you what he would have done is kept us from winning game 1, at least. Probably would have caused a blowout in game 2.

And it's not about what lowry and cook brought us, they didn't switch roles/minutes, brooks counts also, and HE gave us 19 in game 1 and 43 in game 4

either way, i'm happy for Rafer, although he wasn't working out here he's always been a good teammate and seems like a good human being as well, so i won't hate on him for making the best out of being traded.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Rafer would have played center for us?

12. redao

redao Member

The fact is we did not go any further than 1st round exit when Rafer was starting for us.

if "would have" can be used as a fact, we could have won 12 NBA championships in one year.

13. Rocket_Man_2.0

:confused: omg...it's not all about shooting?!...his handling skills, passing. and good decision making..were sorely missed in playoffs vs lakers..I don't want Rafer shooting it anyway..I want him finding the open man... for easy shots...:rolleyes:..rafers shot is not that bad...alot of those shots were at the last second of the shot clock..when he has time and his feet or set...Rafer is an ok shooter...

14. lastmanstanding

Hmm last offensive play for the Magic. Rafer taken out. Interesting.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

when you're going 1 for 7, it pretty much can be all about shooting. With rafer it was about shooting. We had no complaints about his defense or ball handling, it was his shooting. He was rarely 1 of 3 or 2 of 6 when he was off, he was 3 for 15, 1 for 10, he didn't know when to stop.

16. Rocket_Man_2.0

don't you find it odd..after we traded Rafer..we had trouble getting the ball to Yao in the Playoffs...Yao was reduced to a decoy vs Lakers and Portland...i don't care what you say...Artest and Brooks can't make the entry pass..Rafer could...we could've used him next year...

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Yep, he is doing it single handly.

Dwight Howard's 17 pts 13 rebounds and 2 blocks isn't contributing at all.

Hedo's near triple double fo 15 pts 7 rebounds 8 assists has nothing to do with it. He still might get a triple double.

Who needs Dwight and Hedo, when you got Rafer Alston?

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He had a game like that against the Lakers when he played with us. He won't play like that consistently.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He is the same as he has always been: a rare hot shooting game, but very inconsistant.

20. Rocket_Man_2.0

Rafer+Brooks>>>Lowry+Brooks Combo..Rockets still could have utilized Brooks speed and scoring vs Lakers...Rafer passing and ball handling..would've cut TURNOVERS...in half.....Lakers ran of in games 5 and 7 because fo TURNOVERS...when you turn the ball over like the Rockets did you don't have a chance...Rafer stabalized the offense...Brooks and Lowery were often times out of control...does anybody understand what I'm saying :confused: