1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Artest for Mike Miller straight up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanskan, Jan 27, 2009.

?

Would you trade Artest for Mike Miller?

1. Yes

165 vote(s)
    45.6%
  2. No

197 vote(s)
    54.4%
  1. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

To be rational about this, we have not seen this team playing together with everyone much. So many injuries. You don't make a move so fast before you see how good this team can be.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have seen enough, and knew before we signed Artest that his style of game does not fit.

He is what he is, it ain't gonna change....

DD

3. mms

mms Member

wow, then DM is targeting a pg. Kinda shock he is willing to move Brooks.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Do u think if Ron was healthy he would be shooting as many 3's as he does? I think his ankle and shane's foot are limiting what they want to do. The less running and cutting, the less it hurts. I think its a injury thing, but I know you already have him on the stake.

5. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Fans fill the seats my friend. Artest makes the fans flee from their seats in Detroit. :D

6. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

You think Morey is looking at getting Hinrich, Marion, or Nash(if Nash is even available)? Who's your source btw? :D

7. DaDakota

I think Ron is another non-athletic player (I value quickness over strength) that needs the ball to be successful, and with Yao down low, he does not have the room to operate to really be successful.

He is a great number 1 or 2 player where the ball can end with him...but he is not a good creator, is a black hole once the ball gets to him, and his team defense is not all that great, he risks a lot leaving his teamates hanging if he fails to get the steal.

As I said...and have said, he doesn't fit this team.

DD

8. 1individual

1individual Member

Artest for Rip or Nash would be better.

9. DaDakota

Sounds plausible....but we have heard the "Will play better from now on" bit all year.

DD

10. 1individual

1individual Member

^ I think Artest is in worst than T-Mac since we have seen in the past how T-Mac can work with Yao and facilitate, but Artest is totally different. He would fit on a mediocre team as the leader.

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

To a certain extent, I agree.

The problem is time is running out. The trade deadline is fast approaching and there isn't much time left to give everyone a chance. Only a few have made a convincing argument that we must keep them. Besides that, we have to take advantage of the best opportunities possible, even if it means trading those who haven't gotten a 'fair chance'.

12. leebigez

Winning rings fills seats. Teams cheer for whoever wears their teams jersey. Detroit will support whomever Dumars chooses to wear that unifrom. It doesn't matter what fans think. The rox have the most popular player probably in the world, how many empty seats do u see at home games? Its all about the rings.

DD- I'm not saying they should or shouldn't trade him if it makes the team better, I just think come playoff time, the team will need a healthy artest. I mean I'm not going to highlight 1 game, but that game against Utah in overtime really displays what he can do in a tight game when someone doesn't have it. He just turned into the bull in the china shop. With the bad ankle, he's basically a spot up shooter. If he can get his lift and quickness back with the looks he gets from Yao and tracy, he will produce. I gues we will have to wait and see.

13. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

I saw first hand these guys today, they were all talking about team unity like you wouldn't believe. I think I saw Rafer crying at one point. I cannot say anything more, because I do know Rocket players frequent this site from time to time. So, I cannot reveal who I am or I'd be in serious trouble. I do know this, the 76ers are going to get a Houston team that has a renewed passion. I expect the Rockets to win that game and some teamate hugs going around. If they lose to the 6ers, it will be a let down, the media will feed on it, but the team will not let it get to them like the knicks game did. I have a good feeling after today, about the coming weeks games.

14. DaDakota

I hope you are right, it would be great, but man.....what a nightmare with all that drama.

DD

15. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

If this is true then I guess we should start trying to plug in Brooks, Artest, and Head into a trade scenario since it looks as if Rafer isn't going anywhere. I'm actually glad that there is some team unity going on but its obvious that someone around there is not being a team player and it needs to get fixed fast. So how bout Artest and Head for Hinrich. :D

16. leebigez

misticalx- I guess ur a doc rocket fan? We used to pull a card on such information without anything, but we've gotten a little soft around here lately.

17. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

I'll just give my opinions for now on less the inside info. A little worried I could get in trouble anyway.

18. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

So here goes my opinion for this thread. Would I trade Artest for Mike Miller straight up? No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't be interested in attaining Mike Miller at this time.

19. leebigez

That's cool, but there are a few people that have inside info. I have someone that's really,really close to a couple of players on the squad and I've been told a few times Adleman doesn't care for Morey. People won't believe me, but my sources have never been wrong.

20. Crudder

Crudder Member

Leebigez, can you elaborate a little more about what you mean on "Adelman doesn't care for Morey"? I'm not necessarily saying you don't have an insider, I'm just not really sure what that means specifically e.g., he doesn't like him as a person or doesn't listen to him.