1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Artest for Mike Miller straight up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanskan, Jan 27, 2009.

?

Would you trade Artest for Mike Miller?

1. Yes

165 vote(s)
    45.6%
  2. No

197 vote(s)
    54.4%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Now we agree.

:D

DD

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I've always said i'll trade anyone. I have a scenerio for every player on the team and a replacement coach. I just want the team to win a ring, that's all that matters to me.

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I wouldn't do it straight up...Mike does fit very well with the team but we could get more for Ron...Wolves would have to add.

4. Raven

Raven Member

I suspect the Rockets are thinking about five things.

1. getting out of the first round
    2. staying under the cap, this year and every year
    3. being able to resign Von Wafer
    4. having enough space to target Bibby in the off season
    5. having enough space to be a player in the 2010 free agency bonanza

5. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Rox have to trade Artest , he sux in this offense. People asking for young players and 1st rounders are just dreaming, wake up!!! He is expiring, not a franchise player. A team that gets him will only look forward into dumping his contract this summer.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would trade Artest for a PG that can actually help us. Mike Miller has become somewhat redundant with the emergence of Von plus our real need is PG anyways.

7. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Ron for Rip...Pistons would probably do it to.

Sheed
    Ron
    Tayshaun
    AI
    Stuckey

Backcourt issue solved for Detroit...problem for us is Rip might have to come off the bench again like he did with the Pistons.

8. Summer Song Giver

We need to be screaming for them to start making the 3's, noone ever asked Kenny, Sam, Horry, Bullard, Mario or Vernon to stop taking threes. Sure there were night's when they weren't falling but the difference now is that now, there are nights when they are falling.

It's the nature of playing with a dominant post player; the three will be there, we just don't have the guys to hit them.

Miller would help there but I would still be hesitant to pull the trigger, I'd consider it though.

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I'm all for a point...Rafer is bringing us down but if we go for a point, it will most likely have to be Kirk Hinrich. I don't know if the Bulls are willing to give him up after Rose-Kirk's chemistry seems to be working out quite well, and if Ben walks they won't be screwed over.

10. leebigez

I'm not going to argue with that, but it should be:

1.Win a ring
    2.Win a ring
    3.Win a ring
    4.Win a ring
    5.Win a ring

Everything else will take care of itself. Its shouldn't be about getting out of the 1st rd. It should be about getting Bibby, 2010, or Von Wafer. U think Kupchak is sitting around asking those questions? If u have assets, u can get players. Wafer is good, but I don't think he's special. He looks special because we've been looking at luther head,bruce bowen, and guys like that for the past 5 yrs or so. He's Azibukke whome the rockets let go. Gerald Green can probably do the same thing. Why would Bibby leave a young team getting better in the east to come to a older team in the vaunted west. Why would lebron,wade, or one of those up and coming guys come play in houston and wait for yao to make a decision before theymake a move. I think the 2010 dream is going to be a dose of reality just like when those vets get cut lose and don't look at houston as a chance to win a ring.

11. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I don't think Morey will acquire a PG cus he will have to learn the system and Alston believe it or not does a very good job setting up players, its just that he messes it up by shooting. Ron for Rip would be great, but the Rox will lose a lot of D in the process

12. lalala902102001

Initially I thought I would, then I realized that we would be left with Yao and TMac again in the playoffs when the game is on the line...

Ron brings passion and this team needs every ounce of it.

So no deal.

13. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Other then the fact that Ron ran into the stands in Detroit and punched out a fan, you really think Detroit would take him when he's boo'd every time he plays there? Use your head guys.

14. leebigez

Yeah, Jordan had a hard time playing with the hated Rodman. :rolleyes:

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

I like Durvasa's trade as well however I don't like giving up Aaron Brooks, I think he's value is higher than just a sweetener or throw-in. Maybe if they take Luther Head and give us their second pick next year + cash considerations (the max allowable so we can use it to buy a draft pick), then that deal would be ok. But Artest AND Brooks for Jason Terry? No freaking way! Artest looks bad on our roster but that's just because Artest's biggest strength (post presence) is rendered irrelevant by Yao Ming, Luis Scola and Carl Landry, guys who are already good post scorers. A starting line up of Kidd, Howard, Artest and Dirk would be a dangerous team, since you'd essentially have 2 good defenders on the court at the same time. Plus, Dirk has length and while Kidd isn't as quick as he used to be he can still play ok defense.

16. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

I found out from a reliable source that the Rockets are shopping Artest. Alston is apologizing to his teammates for his comments and I expect Houston will play alot better from here on out. With that said, Tracy looked good against the Knicks early, but couldn't get em to drop late in the game. Is ok, he'll get his rhythm back soon enough. No worries. Alot of T-mac hating going on in these threads though. That's ashame. Yao and Mac are reigniting a strong friendship to each other. And Battier is not leaving this team, nor is Landry. The Rockets are only interested in trading Brooks, Head, and Artest. They may cut Chuck Hayes after this season and Dorsey is expected to enter in games soon. Houston is interested in Amare Stoudemire, but can't get him because Phoenix is not interested in any Houston players. So DM is listening to options in secret and practicing personally with Dorsey. Hopefully, someone will throw him a bone soon. Houston is not interested in Mike Miller. Adelman laughed at that idea. Cuban will not deal with the Rockets so don't expect any trades from Dallas either. Houston may not make any trades at all. If they don't, they will pick up someone to fill the 15th roster spot. Unless DM gets a bone thrown his way, I expect that Houston will not be makng any deals unless a last minute three-way trade comes about.

17. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

What the hell does Jordan and Rodman have to do with fans hating someone that ran into the stands to take someone out?

18. jedicro

jedicro Member

Any way we could switch Brooks for Alston in that deal :D

I agree with you though. We need to move Artest for either a 7 foot back up center who actually plays or a PG. Getting another wing still clogs up the minute distribution. We need to maximize our efficiency by giving away excess to address a need.

19. leebigez

When I said the gm was intent on moving mo williams, guess what most people on this board said? He's a gunner. He's a chucker. He's not as good as rafer. Rafer runs the team better. He's a loser. He doesn't defend. They go him for peanuts just like milwaukee got jefferson for peanuts. That's why it amazes me how a lot of people on this board can read something about a player 3 yrs ago and believe without watching to see if the guy has matured. Amazing to say the last.

20. leebigez

Because u don't make team improvements based on what the fans think. You don't think the Bulls fans didn't despise Rodman and what he did to jordan and pippen with the hard and dirty fouls? Fans shouldn't make you franchise decision because most don't know what the hell they're talking about anyway.