1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wood and KPJ Suspended

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Jan 3, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

LMao why did he throw the object then, because he loved Lucas so much...

Hey John L, I love you, please receive this token of my appreciation.

Throws object.......

Nook, Reeko, Dacamel and 2 others like this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

You're like the 3rd or 4th person to say there is no comparison. I'm thinking about all the mismanagement of players, lack of accountability, 1st round picks simply being given away to dump salaries to avoid the luxury tax instead of building around a prime James Harden like all the top teams showed a willingness to do, the mass exodus last year of all of our best players, and the seemingly inept coaching and leadership we are now seeing. Maybe the Rockets aren't quite Texans bad, but let's not give them too much credit.

FrontRunner and napalm06 like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No literally vator. Tilman can fk this team up once more and still b ahead of Texans in the rebuilding process. There's literally nothing to cheer for in the Texans org. We have some weird ass posters that Stan for the upper management easterbunny and caserio since there is no one 2 root for. It quite depressing to b a Texans fan.

Rockets at least has a chance of a championship until tilman blew it away. Texans r still figuring out how to build one since inception

Scratch that Andre Johnson after years of wasting his career for the sht Texans franchise might b a HoF. That's worth rooting for.

Imagine the player himself said the franchise he played for likes to waste people's career

#163 DatRocketFan, Jan 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    vator likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

True but it's still sad that none of the players (besides Gordon), coaches, GM or owner are still around. This is "The Rockets" in name only. No one in this organization has ever seen success.

Don't get me wrong, they still seem more analytical and rational than the Texans by a decent margin.

5. vince

vince Member

Rockets probably thought he had a dog mentality inside him, but he’s more like a turtle, and went into his shell….

Rockets risked it, I don’t think they thought Wood would implode his trade value. I’m seeing hardly anyone here at Clutch even wants him on the team. And Woods being 26 is within the timeframe from a core push.

No defense Wood is likely gone anyhow after next season if the trade demands the Rockets set aren’t met.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

At least sengun, Christopher and green look like great starting blocks to building something.

I have posters telling me mills is potentially the qb of the future even after I watch the team get ass blasted by the niners. Really not much 2 root for as a Texans fan holes at literally every position.

Still waiting for the conclusion of the Watson saga

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well I dunno, what was it? Did he throw it at Lucas, or did he just toss something to the ground in frustration?

Those would be two different things, right? You don't know what happened, and neither do I, so we can all sit here and make up in our head what it was and the appropriate punishment, but until we know...that is a waste of time.

DD

8. xaos

xaos Member

Agree... Wood should be setting the example but NEVER does.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hey, at least that player wanted to have a dialogue with CWood.

aaquaa and xaos like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If it was a toy chicken, Twitter would be full of Memes right now.

The fact that they are so secretive about it means that is not something small.

I have watched the Rockets too long. Those things are not trivial, they might not be earth shattering to you.

And it is not what Kevin Porter did......it is his short fuse....light the short fuse that is at play here.

And I know the Rockets are not really good with mental illness, you saw firsthand with Royce White.

It is not a good combination, it might even be a molotov cocktail.

The Rockets have been world champions at consolation prizes, now they are world champions at gathering head cases.

#170 daywalker02, Jan 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    aaquaa likes this.
  11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

One game suspension seems fair to see how they react. Wood has damaged his trade value, so the team is likely stuck with him. Porter seems headed to restricted free agency. Both players need to apologize and play hard the rest of the year.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We will probably win this game

Rocket River

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

should’ve been 1 game for losing your mind, another game for throwing something, and 2 more games for just leaving the arena mid-game

Wood 1 game for refusing to check back in, and another just because he’s a selfish moron

Mr Woods, Nook, Crashlanded19 and 2 others like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is there a way of quantifying moronity? I mean like in a Morey analytics kind of way. just curious

15. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Through all of this I've been super impressed by Lucas. I've always known he's a great man and good coach (although didn't think he should be our head coach) but it really seems like he IS the head coach when hearing stories like this. Hope he's part of the Rockets for as long as he's in the NBA.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Number of flexes after dunks with a deficit > 15.

Mr Woods, aaquaa, Nook and 3 others like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

my formula has Wood as an upper echolon moron…his numbers are off the charts

Mr Woods, alethios, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  18. bmelo

bmelo Member

Lmao

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

It was over ten years ago sadly

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, I disagree with you, DD. I'll be thrilled when Wood is gone. Absolutely thrilled. I'll dance around our living room for as long as my decrepit body will allow. But Porter? Being suspended for one game for the behavior we know, not for the behavior we don't know that you keep trying to split hairs about, is an absurdly lenient consequence, in my opinion.

aaquaa, DaDakota and ElPigto like this.