1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Isn’t Silas On The Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 14, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Other than Christian Wood (20) and Daniel Theis (16), i don't think there's not a single non rookie player on the Rockets with a career PER over league-average 15.

D-rock likes this.
  3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

tilman will not pay another HC if they fire Silas. if stone wants to fire Silas he will have to promote hornacek for the next two years. it won't be any better.

4. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

It is as simple as this: it is okay if the team loses as long as you can see some good development on the court such as correcting bad behavior, calling timeouts when things are getting out of hand, trying out different combinations etc. I could name a ton more but I hope I got my point across: Silas is basically making the team lose both the actual game and the developmental progress of his players.

Amel, dobro1229, Imanimal and 4 others like this.
  5. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I understand these guys have a long way to go. But what about some good old fashioned Blue collar scrappy play. Some guys on the team are doing that and some guys with a gang load of talent are not. Its ok for the guys to come up with 8 point or 10 point losses because that's just where they are. But getting beat for not getting back or being pushed around is not ok. Beat is fine Berated and humiliated is what's going on here. These guys will have to fight just to get there confidence back if something doesn't change. I like our team but since guys are so young that cant be handed responsibilities they haven't earned. It hurts them and prohibits them from reaching their potential.

juanming and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Yeah, most great coaches or those who got perfect job experiences working along side legend coaches, are true 'opportunists', they only landing on teams well equipped with right tools (elite players, or outstanding prospects), say:
    Phil -> LAL (shaq, Kobe)
    MAD -> PHX(nash, stoudmire), NYK (melo, marbury, Francis), Hou (Harden, DHoward)
    Doc -> LAC (cp3, DeAndre Jordan, BGriffin), Philly (Embiid, Simmons)
    Kerr -> GSW (splash brothers)

Only young coachs who still in the process of laying their groundwork, would without any hesitations scramble for HC positions for a rebuilding team which usually start from scratch n without any well proved young cores.

Maybe…the reason silas not yet on a hot seat, it's just bc ferntits not ready to set a fire to get silas burned, or dunt feel it's time to use him as a scapegoat for their wrong decision making during the summer.
    Anyway, it's silas who need to keep his job by making right move n tweaking here n there, ensuring the ball rolling.

7. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Bring alperen's old coach in stead of him look what he has done 16 yo chubby kid in 2 years.

D-rock, persian hoopa and hakeem94 like this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

So if I put player with no ability to shoot threes into the best place to shoot threes am I good coach? If I put guy that can't dribble or pass to handle the ball am I a good coach that my team plays fast just can't execute? F off with empty stats we play like ****ing horse **** its unwatchable

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes! and also bring lavar ball and mobleys dad as assistants

berkowsk likes this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Didn’t Tilman just sell Golden Nuggett online for several billion dollars??? He was struggling, but now has a boat load of money post (worst of) pandemic. A new coach would be chump change for him.

Squirtle and persian hoopa like this.
  11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

12. TimDuncanDonaut

Hot seat, cold seat, some seats for sure.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I think this lineup would be the best

KPJ
    Gordon
    Tate
    Wood
    Sengun

Jaygup
    Green
    KMJ
    Tate
    Sengun

with some minutes staggering somewhere

bj3175 likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

JG right now should be lifting in a gym right now playing 10min a game what the hell is he doing in starting five? Earn your spot. On the other hand Alpi struggles to crack rotation while ready to contribute

that is bad coaching. It destroyes development of two of our rookies. JG cant progress playing like that it will only create questions

15. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Another thing….

what can we do to mimic the Nuggets offensive scheme? Does anyone know of any good coaches with that tie in?

D-rock and Ghost5Horse6 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The heating price went up. Didn't you know.

Gotta pay for a hot seat.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That kid looks just like Stone with hair. :eek: Dumbfounded. Jk.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  18. ExTexanNowEastCoast

As someone who has coached many kids in many sports, I can assure you that he is teaching them basketball. Unfortunately, the players have picked up bad habits over the years and bad habits die hard. It will take some time for them to understand the speed of the pro game and how that will impact their ability to do what they have always been able to do on the court with relative ease. This is the exact reason why many good to great college players suck as pros.

BTW, this is not only a sports issue; I see the same things in my office with young associates. You literally have to unlearn what you have learned in order to be effective at the next level. My first day of law school, a professor told us point blank that what you need to be successful in law school will not necessarily help you be successful as a lawyer.

19. Fantasma Negro

He's blaming the players

D-rock likes this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

My sources tell me the best way to mimic the Nuggets offensive scheme is to first acquire an MVP-caliber center capable of running your entire offense. Once you get over that small hurdle things will start to get easier, according to those sources.

D-rock and harold bingo like this.