1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Isn’t Silas On The Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Firing silas mid season ain’t gonna make a lick of a difference unless you’re bringing in your future immediately. I have a lot of concerns w Silas but we are developing 3 rookie teenagers. All that matters is how the players are reacting to Silas’ coaching. If players are happy, then our concerns should be ignored. You gotta built a house from the foundation and sometimes there’s a lot of bedrock to clear out before you get the frame up.

34to11, Tfor3 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

If Stone doesn't have 2-3-4 alternatives ready by now then **** him too

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Your suspicions are wrong. It actually shows YOUR age that you assume people live online enough that their join date is a reflection of their age. Some of us grew up without smartphones and computers, imagine that.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wouldn't mind talking Silas into taking a back seat and becoming an assistant again.

But a legit coach should be there for the taking.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Squirtle likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Losing is not the problem. Not playing Sengun enough, not playing Garuba and Christopher, but playing House, that's just stupid. On top of that, he seems very passive. You say we don't know what goes on in practices. There were actually a few videos. But there have been very few practices at all.

Gordon and Sengun's dad liked tweets last night which called for Silas to get fired. You think that means nothing at all?

Green and Porter seem to be allowed to keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again. I am perfectly fine with mistakes. But I haven't seen him explain a single thing to them in timeouts, and there doesn't seem to be a culture of teaching and accountability at all. Am I missing something?

Winning is not the goal, development should be the goal. Garuba and Christopher are sure as hell not developing by rotting on the bench behind losers like House.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

FIRE HIM ANYWAY
    [​IMG]

BossHogg713 likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Legit coach, illegit coach - the involuntary tank is rolling.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Copied from a post JR made in the Silas coaching thread…

A stat that would suggest we are actually being coached to create and take the most effective shot chart in the league. We just have some of the worst shooters in the league taking the shots.

SamFisher, YOLO, napalm06 and 2 others like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's a long season. I suspect they play those guys hoping to increase their value and we'll see more of Christopher and Garuba after the trade deadline. But we'll see. I really think you guys (like me) are just frustrated with the losing. It's hard to care about this team and not be. I've been trying not to scapegoat Jalen Green, which has been my tendency because so far he's been the worst player on the team. Other people are scapegoating KPJ. And of course many are scapegoating Silas.

11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Silas has given them to much freedom and not enough tools for them to succeed. Playing the vets heavier minutes and letting the young guys earn their place is a better approach. You get the keys to the pinto before you earn the keys to a corvette. If Silas doesn't make systematic adjustments red corvette will be a pinto.

Zen Tabak and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

"Dread it Run from it REBUILD Arrives all the same..."

- Coach Thanos

13. 34to11

34to11 Member

I'm not sure if this is agenda or idiocy at play here.

Context matters.
    Anyone counting the unmitigated crapshow of 2020-21 against Silas is unworthy of being taken seriously.
    Firing a coach one month into the FIRST YEAR of a MULTI-YEAR rebuild plan is equally asinine.

This is a rebuilding season. The first of a few.
    Get used to it.

14. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Although it's not stated publicly, he is almost certainly on the hot seat. If this team starts 2-20, or 3-30 for instance it becomes incomprehensible that he is not replaced with John Lucas to finish the season.

Zen Tabak and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No, I wouldn't mind the losing if he were playing our first round draft picks and developing them. I just don't see it. He plays one of them and KPJ all the time and for tons of minutes, no matter how badly they play, and lets the guy who is clearly the best player on the team (Alperen) not play enough minutes and doesn't give ANY minutes to Garuba and Josh Christopher.

That's my gripe. Not the losing.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

on the other hand ... defenses are willing up to give those shots if they know the shooters taking them suck .

I don’t buy the connection . Everyone knows at this point shots at the rim are good . It’s not an indication of good teaching that the rockets are trying to take those.

but any silver lining is good I guess

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

#takethatfordata

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

then you train them and coach them(uh-oh!) to become better at shooting(what a concept ah?)...ITS YOUR FREKIN JOB..or you should of vetoed their signing or benched them if they refuse to attend to shooting practices and refuse to practice over the summer

either way its on silas!

yes baby the excuses time IS OVAH!
    ITS PERFORM OR GET YOU FREAKIN ASS OUTAHERE TIME!

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

Another knee jerk thread. Can we have 10 more of them please? Oh wait, we do!

20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yeah its only been 1 season and 12 games. Give him at least 3 more years to resemble some sort of system.