1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Gary Johnson not the best candidate?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

death rate and wait times for specific illnesses/conditions, cost, and liberty are the only things that I would care about in rating a healthcare system.

The Canadian system sucks noodles

'living longer' is an awful metric.

#81 tallanvor, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Liberty? Can you get anymore subjective?

America has too many fat people and we spend way too much on folks who just need to die already. You and your ilk scream "death panels" because you don't want to face the facts.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

SG, I don't disagree with you very often but seriously? If Shrillary wins she appoints a liberal judge to the SCOTUS who will then shred what is left of the Constitution. I have no problem with third parties but I will not waste my vote there in such an important election. I know Trump is bad, really bad, but Hillary is worse. Had Trump not posted his SCOTUS nominee list I would not vote for POTUS. I could never vote for Johnson anyway due to his pro baby killing stance. Feel free to waste your vote on Johnson but don't blame me when Shrillary gets elected.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the Republicans didn't want Hillary to win, they wouldn't have allowed Trump to be their nominee. Picking him ensured Hillary would win.....maybe they don't deserve loyalty?

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Yep. Libertarians and Greens could make a buzz this year if they went with established names. Instead, they along with Republicans and Democrats are all dead above the shoulders.

6. cml750

cml750 Member

Bobby, we only get one vote whether it is in the Primary or the actual election(of course Chicago style vote early and often aside because only Democrats do that). I didn't vote for Trump and neither did you in the primary but apparently enough others did to nominate him. I can't stand Trump and neither can you but I will be damned if I throw away my vote in the actual election allowing any chance of Shrillary being elected and appointing a SCOTUS judge who will help destroy the Constitution.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would rather "throw my vote away" than vote for either Hillary or Trump because sadly, if it comes down to just the 2 of them, Hillary is the only sane choice.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Lots of words... but the main takeaway? You are voting for Donald Trump. Donald Fricking Trump. The Donald. Wow...

9. tallanvor

liberty means choice. so for example being able to take whatever drugs or procedures you want.

Can you elaborate on who these people are who just need to 'die alrdy'?

some scream death panels because they prefer liberty (again that word means choice). Death panels are the opposite of liberty.

10. dmoneybangbang

"Constitutionalist" like evangelicals amuse me endlessly....

Funny how the Constitutions should be read always seems to agree with the "Constitutionalists. Seems like Evangelicals have a direct line to God since they are always on the same page.

11. dmoneybangbang

You can always pay for it out of pocket where ever you go.... Did you not know that?

Or do you just want whatever you WANT to be paid for?

Do you not know what "end of life" care is?

http://kff.org/medicare/fact-sheet/10-faqs-medicares-role-in-end-of-life-care/

They aren't. You folks just want someone else to pay for those resources. No one wants their loved ones to die, but everything has a cost/benefit to it.

12. tallanvor

not in a death panel system (not that our system is a death panel system). Also there is an organization called the FDA who declare drugs illegal to be taken regardless if a person is willing to pay out of pocket.

que? did you not just see me insult the Canadian healthcare system?

again. what? I'm arguing against what you mention above. I think you are very very lost.

13. dmoneybangbang

I was speaking more to the general idea of healthcare in the developed world.

I did.

Then you like ACA? A quasi- private/public system that ensures minimum standards across the board, especially covering those with pre-existing conditions, using a semi-private exchange system with subsidies for qualified individuals and families?

14. dmoneybangbang

Frankly, any meaningful healthcare reform will have to go hand and hand with a food industry shake up. Preventative diseases come from diet and exercise and eat up healthcare costs.

15. dmoneybangbang

More now than ever we need a better balance between private and public, not go to one extreme or the other as populism runs rampant.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Another reason to not support Gary is that he likes the TPP a form of world government by a few large corporations so skip the democracy angle.

meh, just another corporatist.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's cute when politicians and people in general give other politicians nicknames and ONLY refer to them by that name.

Crooked Hillary, Shrillary, etc.

How pathetic.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Not like it matters but this is probably the first time I've read a post of yours in D&D that I agree with.

1 person likes this.
  19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You know, maybe if you stopped treating judicial appointments like a Big Brother eviction vote and worked on mitigating some of the root causes of abortion, you'd make a little more headway.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

So support the one who is actually bought out by big money?