1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Gary Johnson not the best candidate?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He is the most qualified, and the most well suited. I will vote for him in November.

Why will you not?

Just because of endorsements?

To me, he is something different. Though some of his policies are a bit more radical, at least he represents something other than Ho Hum. Most of them actually make some sense, after research.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I'm voting for him.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Because he can't beat Trump.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

He supports TPP

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

He opposed thing like Tarp. Tarp ended up making money for this country. The point of the government is step in and stop the country from going to hell. Also growing the debt is not a bad thing. If it grows at 3% of the gdp that is fine.

His voucher system is going to make educational system worse than it is. He is also against universal healthcare. Given every other 1st world nation has it and they spend less money then us why does he think he smarter than everyone else.

If you want your libertarian ideals go to Ethiopia or Afghanistan or whatever state with no government.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If Gary Johnson was president any time after the 1960s through the 80s, we would have no internet or its progress would be severely hindered.

The government has its usefulness especially in jump starting R&D.

7. Two Sandwiches

I don't agree with everything he has done, or wants to do. That will never be the case with anybody.

The healthcare thing is my big issue with him, but I don't have much hope for it in the country, ever, to be honest. There's too much invested in our capitalist system to make universal healthcare a reality. Lobbyists have killed this country.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I look at him as the non evil in the election where people are trying to decide between the lesser of the 2 evils when it comes to the major party candidates.

9. Major

Major Member

Anyone who opposed TARP is unfit for office. They either knowingly and willingly wanted to destroy the country for political benefit or were too stupid to know better. Either way, it's about as close to a disqualifying issue as there is, in my opinion.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't know about Johnson, but the Libertarian party has some cyanide pills in their published platform, defunding public education is probably the worst one as literacy would drop by about 25 - 30% in 20 years.

11. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Because our two party system is designed to crush third parties.

That and he's a libertarian.

12. Two Sandwiches

I'm legitimately curious....can you explain how the other two candidates support TARP? Didn't Hillary say that she would allow big banks to fail if it happened again, and Trump said that he would not support "too big to fail?"

I know those things don't fully encompass TARP, and I don't fully understand it, but that's pretty much the gist of it, right?

Genuinely curious to hear about your thoughts...

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, and now that the Republican party is the party of Trump, they should be the "third party" that is crushed.

14. Baba Booey

The aftermath is certainly going to be interesting. I am hoping the obstructionist Republicans do not return and we basically get a new party.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I'm all for them being as obstructionist as possible to try and contain the damage done but there's really not much that can be done with the SCOTUS swinging violently to the left and at least 2 years of Democrats controlling everything. It's almost certainly going to be pretty bad, but we can hope for the best. Having a strong Libertarian uprising would be pretty much the best case scenario.

16. Baba Booey

Republican obstructionism and nonsense created Trump...

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

So true so true.

18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"uber everything"- Johnson.

so, your assertion is false.

#feelthejohnson.

1 person likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not true at all, but that has been the narrative that some have been pushing. Both parties were "obstructionists" when they were the minority party in recent history....it's what you do when one party is pushing for extremes you can't support and you believe will be harmful to the country. Both parties do it, and accuse the other of being an obstructionist or "party of no", and then they do the same damn thing when the tables are turned.

The reason for Trump IMO is the extreme divisiveness that has gripped the country over the last several years. When people feel like things are "us vs them" they often look for "a fighter" to advocate for them. You then had a con man do his best to be that guy in order to gain political power (or at least publicity). Really stupid people bought into that nonsense, and now here we are.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If you think we aren't Plutocratic enough, vote for Gary Johnson.