1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is better right now James Harden or Lebron James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Oct 2, 2020.

?

Who is better?

1. James Harden

39 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. Lebron James

119 vote(s)
    75.3%
  1. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Come on man lets be realistic. Been watching the Rockets since I was 7. Saw Hakeem, and I think Hakeem is the greatest center of all time. However, Harden versus Lebron? Even at this age I take Lebron. The guy has been in the finals 10 times given that he is in the East its a little easier, but this year he made it too. Its going to get even tougher for the Rockets and the west next year once klay and curry comes back.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

That won’t happen.

Anthony Davis would select Lebron over Harden any day. He knows Lebron is better. NBA players obviously know each other more than fans.

bmelo likes this.
  3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Harden with the "ultimate authority" would do wonders in the post season. If games were fairly called, I don't think the Lakers get by the Thunder, let alone the Rox, in a 7 game series. I'm talking about theothe samebsame calls on both sides for 48 minutes not just part of the time or during non-critical intervals.

4. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Oh my goodness. Do any of you ever stop and think "Why am I always having to make so many excuses for why harden sucks in the playoffs?"

He just doesn't have it. Period.

bmelo and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

James can throw the ball straight to LeBron hands in the clutch and they will say it's refs or Westbrooks fault

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden had cp pushing him and trying to play the right way. Unfortunately he is too much of a snowflake and preferred to play with his buddy. People that want to win play with their enemies and win at all costs. Lebron doesn’t have 100% of that killer mentality , but he understands the game better

TMAC3 and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i never mentioned a trade..............................

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The poll results is currently 3 to 1 for LeBron.

I am surprise by this result because I had thought Harden fans had long outnumbered rockets fans in the GARM..

For those who believe harden is better, do they also believe most fans/players/coaches and gms would pick harden over LeBron to win a playoff game or series?

#108 blahblehblah, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  9. Lando

Lando Member

Who are the 26 r****ds homer’s ?

ktbballplaya likes this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Time of possession in 2020 playoffs

Harden : 8.5 minutes per game
    LeBron : 8.0 minutes per game

Average number of seconds holding the ball per touch

Harden : 6.09 seconds
    LeBron : 5.41 seconds

The myth that Harden teams offer little to no opportunity for others to touch and dribble the ball compared to other teams is so unbelievably dumb.

The idea that LeBron and the Lakers have this completely democratic style where he doesn’t dominate the ball nearly as much as Harden is further proof that most fans don’t pay attention to the ENTIRE league. They watch Houston and hold on to this belief that what we do is the polar opposite of what the other really good teams and players do and just want to b**** without the facts.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think the impression that Harden is holding the ball much longer than the other star playmakers like LeBron, at least on the surface, is that there is little movement of Harden's teammates. It appears that they just stand there watching Harden do his things and be ready to bail him out if he can't get open. When there is not much apparent play development going on other than Harden trying to beat his defender, it feels like a long time.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Do you remember how the Lakers guarded Harden? They continually doubled him to force the ball out of his hands. Given that, don't you think it's interesting that his possession/holding averages were still higher than Lebron's?

13. rocketseagles07

If the NBA games are fixed like you guys say... I'd love to know why the Clippers lost to Denver and the Celtics lost to Miami

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No. Not all that interesting.

Lebron had 2 other high time of possession teammates who weren’t turnover machines in Davis and Rondo.

Harden had no one.

And the point of my post is to highlight how people hold on to these ideas as facts when in reality they aren’t.

The poster I replied to isn’t the only one guilty of it. Without any really factual evidence the poster just knew that LeBron and the Lakers share the ball and empower other guys to have the ball while Harden and Rockets do the exact opposite.

It’s just a bullshit belief with no factual backing.

The numbers for the Lakers series alone are closer than the entire playoffs.

Time of possession
    Harden : 8.3 minutes
    LeBron : 8.0

Touches per game
    Harden : 82.4
    LeBron : 81.2

Seconds holding the ball per touch
    Harden : 6.02 seconds
    LeBron : 5.94 seconds

Time of possession for the next highest players in Lakers/Rockets series

Westbrook : 4.9 minutes per game
    Rondo : 4.8 minutes per game
    Davis : 2.7 minutes
    Gordon : 2.1 minutes
    Caruso : 1.7 minutes
    Green : 1.3 minutes
    Covington : 1.1 minutes

Does that minutes distribution with the ball look different between the two teams at all?

No.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I wouldve said Harden until seeing the comparison directly. Harden sort of has a cruising gear. Westbrook is a small engine with too much boost frying components in it. Lebron has a cruise gear and an overdrive.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Boo-freaking-hoo. It's Harden's fault he had no one. He deserves no sympathy whatsoever.

There's some truth to that notion. The Lakers role players have a lot more freedom and longer leashes than the Rockets role players. With our guys, it feels like they're not supposed to shoot unless its an open 3. Harden, Westbrook, and Gordon have green lights. Everyone else has yellow lights. How does that empower them?

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Where is the evidence of this?

It’s just an eye test deduction with no factual backing.

It’s what you want to see, because you are emotionally involved with the losing squad and clearly have a negative view of one particular player. So you watch with biased eyes and believe certain things to be true. But it’s not what’s actually happening.

I gave you the numbers. The primary, secondary, and 3rd option playmakers for both teams had the ball for eerily similar times. Almost like it’s how pretty much all teams with transcendent scoring/playmakers work. Yes the numbers back that up to!

I completely debunked the poster I initially replied to who asserted that LeBron and the Lakers share the ball and it’s why the role players went off and had it been Harden and the Rockets that Harden would hold and dribble the ball forever and no one else would get the ball. Which is just horseshit. It’s not reality.

HP3 likes this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The ones that selectively cite an advanced stat , ignore context and will crucify you for saying anything about him. This level of koolaid is hilarious.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Watch the games. Like you said, I watch with biased eyes, and unfortunately, my biases are constantly confirmed.

Most people share the same criticisms of Harden. It's a vocal minority that don't.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Thanks for conceding and admitting your bias and understanding that you have no factual evidence to back up your biased observations.

HP3 likes this.