1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHO ELSE IS SICK TO DEATH OF ALL THIS TANKING BS?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Dec 29, 2011.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

This topic has been beaten to a pulp. Funny thing is that Les/Morey have repeatedly said they're not tanking...errr building through the higher portions of the draft.

So if you don't like the "tanking talk" then just ignore it and enjoy the product on the court...and wait for Morey to pull off his BIG trade.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

PSEUDO-TANK!!

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

this forum is unbearable tbh. ill probably only come for game threads anymore

4. Bumpy Genitalia

If the Rockets are clearly out of contention for a playoff spot for the last 10-15 games of the season, i`m all for sitting the veterans and letting the youngsters play. But after the first game of the season, all the pro-tankers deserve to get tea-bagged by Bumpy Genitalia.

5. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

Why Tank WIth This Deep Draft We Gon Get A Great Pick At 14

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the same 8 teams (6 multiple + Miami + Dallas) have won the last 28 years how do those other teams feel about tanking in that time period? (9 teams in 32 years)

7. rocketsmetalspd

Screw tanking just play the games and see where that takes you. If that means lottery once again then so be it. I just want to see the Rockets play and I hope that will get the team getting better and gel as a team should. I don't want to give up right away and keep my hopes on landing a superstar that does not want to come here anyways.

8. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Good post, kjayp.

Couldn't have said it better...and will never buy a ticket to watch a tanking team.

9. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Call it a strawman if you like but you can't deny that that is the arguement being made. You guys keep stating this as if it's a tried and true formula that works everytime and that is simply not true. I'm arguing that the overiding factor in all of this is luck. You need to get lucky to land a star player. It has worked in or favor before, more recently (meaning the last two seasons) it hasn't. So I understand that we can improve the odds (slightly), but they are no guarantees that one process of rebuilding works better than another.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You wouldn't know it if you did.;)

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

WHY ALL CAPS

I read you post and you are better than that. Because of the ALL CAPS i refuse to respond...

enjoyed the post...but dude?? no ALL CAPS umkay.

12. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Nope, not sick of the tanking talk at all. Apparently you have not seen this year's draft class - it is stacked.

13. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Tanking = losing on purpose.

Nobody is suggesting that the players play to lose.
    Everybody is saying trade off the veterans and let the young players play.

Signings like Dalamnert make no sense. Taking minutes away from hill and thabeet only hurt the future of the team.
    Scola is also taking valuable minutes away from developing players like marcus morris and pat pat.
    T will needs minutes too and K mart should be moved to free up time for him.

What is more important for the rockets letting the young guys develop or trying to sneak into the postseason.

14. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

So your plan is to tank so maybe sometime in the next ten years we build a team that can seriously contend? That seems even more rudderless than the direction we're going in now. You guys a complaining after two seasons of mediocre play. You'll be cheering for the Heat by the time that stategy works out.

15. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I picked 2006 arbitrarily because you guys seems to think that it's the quickest way to build a contender. So I picked 5 years as a window of time. You're even conceding your own point with the Celtics mention. Technically that's trading for established talent, not building with young players. They got better players to help Pierce, they didn't start from scratch. It's actually the model that Morey is trying to follow now.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Just trying to convey the frustration.... apologies if it offended...

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Absolutely against losing on purpose. Just the idea of losing being the goal is sick.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

REALLY REALLY sick of it. Never been a fan of a defeatist attitude. As fans, its not our place to wish for our team to lose.

Also, wow this thread has a lot of random tags.

19. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pTv1TmNJxYY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Im also sick of the tanking talks. Even if the rockets were to tank and drafted a future super star (their is no guarantee our future "super star" will pan out) it would take us three years to be relevant and probably five years to be championship contenders depending on who the super star is surrounded with. To tank we will need to trade away Martin, Scola, and Lowry. Teams tank because they are bad not because management demands them to. Athletes are competitive and will no lose on purpose to get a better draft position. In my opinion stock piling assets and unloading them when a star is on the trading block is a more efficient way to pick up a star. We still get to watch quality basketball while we wait. We all know the rockets are not championship contenders right now but they are still a fun team to watch. If we tank we might not see a .500 season for two or three years if not longer. That would be miserable. Houston is no LA or NYC but we are a big market that stars will consider playing for. Remember when Carmelo was on the trading block he said Houston was a place he would play. The thought that a star wont play in Houston is non-sense. With the multitude of quality but not star players we have and cap-space we will be in position to trade for a star and surround him with a few other quality players. The problem is stars don't go on the trading block often. Say no to tanking.