1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which player is the best 3rd star for the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, May 16, 2008.

Tags:
?

Which player is the best 3rd star for the Rockets that we should look to acquire?

1. Corey Maggette

11.0%
  2. Ron Artest

27.1%
  3. Mike Miller

20.3%
  4. Jose Calderon

20.0%
  5. Mickael Pietrus

1.6%
  6. Josh Howard

2.6%
  7. Ben Gordon

2.6%
  8. Andre Miller

5.8%
  9. Richard Jefferson

5.2%
  10. Vince Carter

3.9%
  1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

if u read properly, when I said "other players(Luther Head and Chuck Hayes)" I meant those 2 players could be part of the package, including them but not limited to them, they were just 2 examples of players who could be in the package. obviously I understand sixers would want much more and so we'll have to come up with a decent deal, which I believe is worth it, even if we have to give up a slightly better package.

I don't know about his popularity in Philly, but from an interview I heard of him with Jody Mac in March, he seemed uninterested and lackluster when asked questions about his future(a contract extension) with Philly.

it went something along the lines of

are you considering of a contract extension with Philly?
    too early to think about that
    do you like philly?
    well u know I'm a west coast boy at heart, but as long as I've got a job here I'm happy.
    so you'd be happy if u just received a cheque twice a month?
    yeah...

I know that doesn't indicate much, but still...it showd certain levels of disinterest and I wouldn't think he'd want to spend the rest of his career mentoring a bunch of young guys with no real hope of winning the EC, I mean by the time they have developed to a starterlevel guy he'd be retired.

and I think with one year left on his contract, if philly doesn't trade him, its very unlikely he'd sign with them again, after all a big contract is not an option and so winning would be a much bigger concern...and philly would want to get something back for him while they can...hence why he is realistic for us to acquire. of course the right offer has to be there.

do you reckon this is ok?

Bobby Jackson
    Luther Head
    25th Pick

Miller

BTW...Someone voted for Pietrus! thanks to "s3ts"

2. rockets_fanatic

Artest is the best fit, but Miller is the most likley. I'd be happy with either of them. Maggette is the last guy we need. Another injury prone guy, no thanks.

3. superx

superx Member

PG is our weakness point,so i chose Calderon.

4. kwng

kwng Member

PG is crucial in winning a ring. Our current PGs are streaky or still a rookie. We need a good one ASAP.

5. mister pc

mister pc Member

calderon no doubt. With Scola and Landry at PF, Artest just isnt needed.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

but artest is a SF lol. and battier can play a bit of PF also.

we need artest...minus his crazy ego except when against Jazz

actually I'd absolutely LOVE Calderon...I want Morey to swarm the Raptors with good offers so that they can't help except accept the trade

7. YAO#11

YAO#11 Member

Mickael Pietrus ! :D

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Artest would be the biggest star.

Calderon would be the best fit.