1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Wrong With Our Team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Nov 3, 2004.

Tags:
?

Reason 4 Rough Start...

1. Lack of Team Chemistry

216 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Need a better point

90 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. TMac is a ball hog

11 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. Yao is injured

30 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Our defense is really bad right now

53 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. Too early to tell

126 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. zong

zong Member

What is wrong????????????

2. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

We are fickle people (as a society), and if EVERYTHING isn't going our way we want to change something or give up quickly.

Same thing with the Rockets. Two loses and we're calling for the coaches head, "Yao's too soft", the trade was wrong. You expected this team to go 82-0? In my lifetime only one team kicked ass from start to finish and that was the 72-10 Bulls, and the same can be said about the 72 Dolphins, and that's it.

The NBA season is a marathon, not a sprint. 0-2 is still only 2 games behind 2-0. It's not that crucial right now. Calm down, fickle people, contrary to your belief, everything doesn't happen overnight, just like this Rockets team.

3. ataniwan

ataniwan Contributing Member

I agreed with Mlittle.

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Can't agree with you more. This team played like a title-contending team for 5 mins last night.

Too little too short.

5. abcmemory

abcmemory Member

I posted this in another thread, but find it necessary to repeat it.

We need to start Deke at power forward. Period.

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

VanGrumpy

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Amen =)

Can we be the first team that has 2 coaches like football or something...he can be the defensive coordinator...then bring in a Offensive coach to handle our offense? i mean seriously people...2 of the top players in the league and he can't do anything on offense with them.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

As stated above. What wrong with this team is JVG. The guy is a total *** that can't put an aggersive team on the court if he tried. I think the guy is all talk (negativity) and no show. He can preach defense all he want's to, but when your 4'11 ", who in the heck is going to buy into your bull-**** when you can't even guard a cockroach to save your own life.

Les ruined my favorite team. :mad:

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was curious about this soo

Rocket River

10. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Please go back to the Laker playoff series.

We should have won that series, down the stretch 3 stupid turnovers turned 2 of those games, 2 by Steve and 1 by JJ.

Our team was playing very good ball and we had the Lakers.

We just didn't get it done in the last 2:00 min. of 2 of the losses.

The coaching could be seen as we were definately playoff ready.

I don't think Van Gundy is a BB idiot. He is certainly the most non- people person, negative, and critical coach I have seen here in H-Town. I do not like his negative posture at all.

But, I don't doubt that he can put together a tough defensive team and a good half court offense.

No he is not a run, transition, fast break type.

OK- I can live with that if we are successful in his system.

The problem is we do not have the rebounding, passing and outside shooting to make his system effective.

Can he adjust, I don't think so.

I just hope that Yao can get more successful (he should) in the post on the offensive end, and TMac can find space to score.

It would turn everything around if JJ, Ward, Lue got hot on the three point shot.

Mo and Howard have played about as well as can be expected.
    Right now our defense is still ragged. As we gel defensively this team will be alright.

If we gel????

11. Jeff Gundy

Jeff Gundy Member

Yes, it is scary to think that we are on pace to go 0-82 and the Magic may go 82-0. :eek:

But, we have to keep in mind that there are alot of teams like the Raptors out there in the league, not many Detroit squads. We actually played better against the Pistons; and while that does not mean squat because we got a L, it shows that can be competitive on the road IF we come to play.

Creating the home court dominance like we need to do immediately will be key, and stealing as many games on the road. That is the gameplan. So far we are 0-2 in hostile environments, with 39 more chances to turn things around and BE BIG!!!

12. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I can only hope that Yao's injury is not as bad as I believe it is. The guy shot 54% preseason and suddenly lost his shooting touch after he injuried his left elbow.

And now Yao's TOs. You have to remember that 6 of those came from offensive fouls called against him. At least I'd like to see a couple of home games to get a feel at how refs are gonna call him at home.