1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Wrong With Our Team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Nov 3, 2004.

Tags:
?

Reason 4 Rough Start...

1. Lack of Team Chemistry

216 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Need a better point

90 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. TMac is a ball hog

11 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. Yao is injured

30 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Our defense is really bad right now

53 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. Too early to tell

126 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. DaneB

DaneB Member

I know the season is young, but we've lost the first two games of the season. What do you think the reason is for this? Poll time...

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

T-Mac isn't a ballhog, but each of the other answers has obviously been a problem. We ain't real good.

3. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

There should be another option - ALL OF THE ABOVE.

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

For me it's a mixture of team Chemistry and just to early to tell....i think we are just starting out slow and that's about it...im not worried about it one bit.

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Honestly I don't see the point of this... we've played two... count 'em...two games, both against teams in their home openers. Everybody knew this beginning part of the schedule would be tough especially w/ all the new talent on our roster. Thats all there is to it... 0-2 is not a rough start (in football yeah)...if it gets to 0-5, then yeah ok.

6. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Chemistry. These players have to get used to each other.

Man it's a long ass season, 0-2 is nothing to stress over, yet, in fact I predicted a 2-4 start, but I must admit that I thought Toronto was one of the W's, anywayz, strap up and get on, or unbuckle and get the phukk off, unlike a lot of people on this forum this is my team, sink or swim.

7. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

it's like going for to a new class in a new semester for the fist time...takes a few weeks to get used to it...

8. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

It should be a multi-choice type poll

9. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

yao sucks:(

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

A mix between lack of team chemistry and a bad coach.

11. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

1) Lack of Team Chemistry
    2) PG
    3) Outside shooting
    4) Nads for Yao

12. lalala902102001

Our "team" really has no clue how to play together right now.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Having no offensive scheme what so ever. You have two dominant guys at their position and a guy who can score on anyone (MoT). Freakin get them the ball in the right spots and let them do their thing. This isn't freaking highschool ball. This is NBA ball where people can go above the rim and score.

I think Rudy T understood this because he was all-star NBA player, where as JVG thinks this is the junior college team he played for.

14. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

lakers are a whole new team aaaaand new coach
    how come we cant be like them

15. hooi

hooi Contributing Member

I think right now, we are like last year's Miami Heat. Didn't they lose something like 15 games out the gate before rebounding to make the second round of the playoffs?

It's kind of hard to put a finger on it. I think perhaps we are a bit slow with our rotations because guys are still learning their roles.

16. Stack24

They run and gun..that's their style....it's a little different then our half court oriented slow down the game style.

just slightly different :D

17. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Heat lost the first nine.

BTW, I don't want the Rockets to be like last year's Miami Heat!

18. patlabor1

patlabor1 Member

Man I'll give this team till allstar break even if it feels like a long long season

but that doesn't mean I can't b**** about them. but right now they seem completely lost. all of them have played individually not as a team.

time will tell.

as a side note Shaq is facing adjusting pains as well, he's only has 10 pts playing in the third

19. Stack24

completly agree with this except i think our outside shooting is decent but could be better of course.

Yao really does need to grow so balls or something....cause there are too many times he is going up with finnesse...he needs to go up strong draw the foul and dunk or just push people out of the way.

They are calling a lot of BS offensive fouls on him but i really think he needs to just get nasty and let people know he is going to take over the lane.

Right now no one is going to respect him one bit and will push him around if he keeps doing these little finesse layups. He is 7'6" and should play that big...not play like he is 6 foot and let everyone block his shot...

He needs a real coach in there to teach him...not Ewing.

20. catoinstitute

catoinstitute Member

What is wrong with you guys?

How can you have this poll without an option "We gave up Cato."

This team has no toughness, rebounding, or heart without Cato. Think about that next time you question what's wrong with the Rockets.