1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Would You Be Willing to Give up to Get Mobley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ChillyPete32, Nov 11, 2021.

1. BonziWellsGOAT

It's bad enough when ppl do it with Sengun and Green. Its infinitely worse when it's between JG and an opposing player. At that point they can't hide behind being a Rockets fan. They're just looking for validation on and internet forum

Dobbizzle, Reeko and Roomba like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People who start threads here have the analytical skills of a pigeon.

It's fine to like Mobley but there are just so many factors to analyze and the thinking is not rational. It's too early, circumstances aren't being totally taken into account, etc.

This thread was a waste of electrons even when it was still in the OP's synapses.

Pro tip: stick random thoughts in a random thread, to reduce flaming.

3. BonziWellsGOAT

I forgot about basketballholic tbh. Blast from the past lmfao what happened to that guy?

4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

When "being right on a homer basketball forum" is high up on somebody's list of priorities...they should probably burn that list...and probably take a little break from the internet :p

Sadly, we all know people like that.

Dobbizzle and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Everybody was so worried about Mobley’s frame and thinness before the draft. Chet looks like a 7 ft Manute Bol. He will be awesome if he can put on weight and muscle. Can he?

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mobley looks great but Sengun's per 36 numbers are actually better so I'm not very regretful that we didn't take him. It's Scottie Barnes I'm wishing we could have gotten.

Dobbizzle, alethios, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  7. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah I just really have to remind myself that these ppl are probably miserable irl too. Nobody that has their **** together and is leading a happy productive life acts like that. Really sad stuff tbh

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I think Mobley is proving that it might not be needed. But it’s early. I don’t think either can put much weight on honestly.

D-rock likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

But… this deserves its own thread?

Maybe if you phrased it like “re-draft the draft after 10 games!”

10. xaos

xaos Member

I think they were kicked? I actually joined clutchfans after a long time of lurking just to block holic LOL

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

banned a long time ago. way overdue

clos4life and Nook like this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You have to pray and repent for Hevan Mobley

D-rock, Nook and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, we should do all that and watch Mobley come here and struggle, lol.

What is this thread? Started by a big Pete Chilcutt fan no less...

steddinotayto likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I still want to remind everyone Rockets have 4 players from a stacked draft class. People who are down on Jalen need to realize players that were considered busts in what was perceived as weak drafts are only now coming into their own as NBA players years later. Cole Anthony is good all of sudden, Lamelo is good all of sudden, Ant Edwards is good all of sudden.

Rockets also have Sengun until all the other rookies catch up..

calm down, have patience.

#74 DreamShook, Nov 11, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  15. Nook

Nook Member

I would not give up near that much stuff.

We know that if Mobley stays healthy he is an elite defender and a starter and makes winning plays, but we don't know how good he will end up on the offensive end. I have said for a long time that Mobley would be very good and was not raw. However, I don't think Mobley is necessarily the best player in this draft as I think Scott Barnes is likely a better player because he is every bit as good a defender and has more upside offensively.

Would I straight up deal Green for either Barnes or Mobley right now? Yes I would because both have established a high floor and flashed a high ceiling. Having said that, while Green has struggled, he has also flashed a higher ceiling as well. For one thing, the biggest concern I had with Green was his lack of court vision or playmaking. In the modern NBA a guard is really limited if he cannot run an offense and create for others. My fear was Green would be pigeon holed from an upside stand point into being someone like Beal or LeVine. Well, the reality is that Green does have better court vision and playmaking than that. So while his game is VERY raw in many respects and needs improving, he has the fundamental requirements to be elite. Also his athleticism is the best in the NBA. He is extremely quick on the first step. He gets off the ground very fast and his vertical is at an all time great level. I don't know that he will put it all together, but my "ceiling" for Green is actually higher than it was.

Also when we look at the 2022 draft, that is a VERY forward and center heavy draft. Assuming the Rockets remain terrible, they should have a pick in the top 6-7 and that will mean a forward or center to add to Green.

Last Ill say that people need to consider that Green is in a bad situation. He doesn't have a great coach or great players around him. The Rockets really need to be internally considering ways to fill the point guard spot because Porter isn't the solution. It is one of the reasons I was saying that it had to be tempting for the Rockets to consider moving assets for the Magic pick (before draft) to get either Suggs or Barnes or to get a pick to target Davion Mitchell. There are some good point guards in the 2023 and 2024 draft but not 2022.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

IMHO - remember Eddie G. Remember the skills, the future. The optimism.

Remember the outcome.

Or might you be referencing The Cat?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. conquistador#11

Then what's the problem? Sengun's average if both played 34-36 minutes are more eye opening for Sengun considering Sengun will create for others if he was used like Yao under the Fuhrer.
    It's laughable that Green's has no chance because of what exactly? The shooting is definitely down but I've seen young future hof Rookies have that same problem. He has to bring it up to 44%.
    Mobley operates close to the basket maybe that should have been taken into consideration during the draft.
    I think all three will be excellent at what they do(Green, Sengun and Mobley)

For example you have peeps complaining about the 20 shots from last night. Green should have finished 8-17 but in the 4th qtr twice the shot clock was down to 3 when he received the ball. Another brick was when the game was over. You just dribble and let the buzzer go off. 8/17 right there for 47%.
    He only took 2 real fg attempts in the 4th, a wide open 3 that would put the Rockets up by 2 late and the drive that was negated because of the offensive foul. Learning moments.

D-rock likes this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And that's only because 2 of mine are top 2.

19. futilman

futilman Member

I would give away the harden haul in a heartbeat for Mobley

D-rock likes this.
  20. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

I’m not sure about your reading skills, but the whole point of the OP was to analyze all the factors and consider where we’re at, 10 games in. Maybe you don’t want to do this because it makes you face the facts.