1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Would You Be Willing to Give up to Get Mobley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ChillyPete32, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jarrett Allen literally just won EC Player of the Week averaging 21 and 16

Allen, who has nowhere close to the amount of skill and shooting ability of someone like Wood, is getting accolades Wood would never win here in Houston

Allen currently averaging a career high in ppg and FG% at 68%…Who would be setting him up here? KPJr and his 5 assists and 5 turnovers? Mobley gets 73% of his shots assisted.

Mobley’s defense is as advertised, but no one is gonna fool me into thinking his points, assists, or efficiency would be the same in Houston

all the Rockets provide for a rookie is plenty of minutes and chuck opportunities…when it comes to structure, surrounding talent, PG play, etc, you’re gonna have to go elsewhere for that because u won’t be getting it here

CF in the summer: KPJr can average 10 apg…I think he could drop 20 and 8…he would’ve gone top 3 in this draft easy…meanwhile, he has regressed big time and looks like Brandon Jennings

they’re even complaining about how Sengun is being handled

So where is the good developmental situation here in Houston? Guys are just out there clueless chucking shots and getting cardio. We look like the most discombobulated and selfish team in the league.

2. xaos

xaos Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

4. xaos

xaos Member

Yup. It takes a lot for me to put a person on ignore. He/She is on a list with basketballholic (got kicked out?) and bobbythegreat.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Dang @Reeko you're having quite a start to this Thursday morning lol

BonziWellsGOAT and Reeko like this.
  6. Rockets4Life13

I seriously miss your posts. I can’t remember a post from you I’ve read that i didn’t click like on.

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  7. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I would too for sure. I’d trade myself for Big 3 Cuttino Mobley (reference credit to steddinotayto).

xaos and steddinotayto like this.
  8. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You clearly didn't read the board in the off-season when everyone thought this was a playoff team and everyone was against tanking.

10. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Hollinger had Barnes (and Sengun!) over Jalen but very few draft folks or FOs would have considered Barnes at 2. Mobley is the guy Jalen will be linked with for comparison at pick 2.

Similar deal for Cade. He will be linked with Jalen and maybe Mobley.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Don't sell yourself short; you're worth at least a New York Knick Mobley

ChillyPete32 likes this.
  12. Rockets4Life13

Someone needs to save this thread to necrobump it in 5 years. Would be quite interesting

13. dmoneybangbang

Which is just a lazy way of looking at it and seems more self serving than analytical….

If you are using hindsight and actually care about picking the best player then Barnes should be it.

Framing this as Green vs Mobley is going for a particular narrative….

14. xaos

xaos Member

:D:D:D

15. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be willing to give up HOPE for that ever happening.

D-rock likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No need to trade for him. We will be bad, just draft Chet and you got an more capable offensive player and at worst similar defender as Mobley.

17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Idk if anyone remembers, but back when D-mo and Tjones were competing for the starting power forward role, on TheDreamShake and here there were a couple of posters going all-in on either one or the other (in hindsight it seems like neither of them were the answer, which is kind of hilarious reading those posts back) and they would end up taking it so personally that they would actively root for the other player to fail--even at the expense of the Rockets. I'll never understand why some people would rather be right than support the team...and then refuse to ever acknowledge it when they're proven to be mistaken. It's not that serious.

Obviously the situation is a little different with Mobley being a Cavalier and not a Rocket, but I've been getting similar vibes

All I know is that I'm probably going to be insufferable when Jalen Green becomes a star :D

18. TimDuncanDonaut

If I was the Cavs, I might consider Green + Sengun. But of the people listed, they would not want.
    • Green for Mobley alone; the money works, but Cavs would not unless icing on the cake (like with picks). Green could be useful to Cavs, if Sexton leaves.
    • Wood for Mobley alone, nope;
    • Cavs don't want KPJ back.
    • Christopher could be icing
    • Picks would be icing.
    Our current starters stink. This isn't an opinion. We are 1-10 and lost to the friggin' Pistons, homecourt, on national TV. Objectively speaking, we stink. Green is the only one who may improve; even then he's behind other top rookies. Wood while good at certain things, his weakness is glaring in this bad Rocket system.

#58 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 11, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    ChillyPete32 and D-rock like this.
  19. BonziWellsGOAT

Thanks @xaos I was looking for it but gave up lmao

xaos likes this.
  20. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I’m not hiding the ball that this hypo is to look back at whether/to the extent we messed up and also a general commentary on what a crapshoot tanking/rebuilding is.

I’m also probably 90% “wow Mobley” and 10% “Jalen is kinda disappointing.” I wouldn’t trade Jalen for Duarte. I don’t know if I’d even trade him for Cade honestly. But yes I’d trade him for Barnes.

I didn’t start a “what’s the worst player you would trade Jalen for” thread and say Bagley.