1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What PGs can we trade for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Nov 6, 2022.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Not saying you're wrong, but... why? I'd say we need a change of coaching philosophy way before we need a vet point gaurd. KPJ wouldn't be as frustrating for the members who find him frustrating with a very simple philosophy change. We've had a few vet point gaurds last year and a half.

If you still believe the vet point gaurd is the solution, what would we need to give up for that vet point gaurd?

Again, not coming in here to start an argument cause I do agree that there is no structure in our offense.

2. fattz

fattz Member

John Wall at his new price point is perfect for us.

hakeem94, LeDakota and bmelo like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

I think we need him quick because lack of one slows development of all the players including KPJ. We have nor the leaders nor the guys that know what to do on the basketball court to win games. Also Jalen/Jabari/KPJ should be treated like system players until they prove they are superstars, and not forced to be superstars and struggle to show it with 20% fg nights. They should not have that much pressure on them because they arent even physically capable of holding the burden right now. Especially Jalen and Jabari until they add 20lbs they are just kids

4. xaos

xaos Member

Player development is a good reason to act swiftly, I can agree with that. I don't agree with treating them like system players though. Maybe running designed plays for them that maximizes their talents while building towards their upside potential?

What does a trade for a vet point gaurd look like for you? What do we have to give up to get them?

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol i wouldnt have entrusted john wall with keeping 2 fastened sheeps let alone my talented kids

Ankara1923 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and hes not even a traditional pg hes a prototypical tunnel visioned ballhoging bricklaying chucker

Ankara1923 likes this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

I guess it’s not funny if one has say it’s a joke.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LOL

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

You got many questionable takes, but this one gotta be up there for sure.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nothing questionable about it, you just don't have a reply, what are we trying to salvage for this season?

Play in game?

11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

You just quoted my reply.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Exactly my point.

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

We’re trading the season for a shot at Scoot Henderson.

Just be patient.

14. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

"Scoot looked at me differently after the game where I played him less than 20 minutes, i mean he literally gave me a mean look! i felt bad and angry. Since I try to smile all the time, you may not know my psyciatric problems, but I am a mean soab (or confused sexuality, didn't decide myself), and that smile is to hide any mean comments and actions I do. and Scoot, yes, he is ready to lead our bench unit, KPJ (my love) does not need any more distractions and we all know 2024 draft is for Smooshsmoosh from Angola anyways, so it is a win win... and Scoot did not average 15 assists in my 2 starts. " 2023, Novermber 7th. - Coach Silas.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

16. R=$

R=$ Member

17. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LOL. Ok.

18. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I'll never understand how some beat down guys they perceive are lacking while pumping up those that obviously are.

19. sinan28

sinan28 Member

This is a fantastic idea IMO. I wish Rockets would do something like that.
    Imagine we have Rondo, we could have periods where he, JG, KPJ, Smith or KJ and Sengun on the court.
    Thank you for throwing out this idea. Eventually we will have a high caliber point guard for sure.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hire JVG as coach, he will convince Mark Jackson to try a comeback.