1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What PGs can we trade for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Nov 6, 2022.

1. MystikArkitect

Seems like trading EGo/KJ for a PG would be the most ideal way to salvage this season and prevent further damage to Green/Sengun/Jabari's development. Any backup guards out there with some upside? Or anything in free agency coming up we should be looking at?

Ankara1923 likes this.
  2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What do you mean by "salvage the season"

What would you be hoping for???

If you thought we would win a lot of games because we have talented youth, that is your bad. 25ish wins was the general protection, and a bottom 5 record.

We simply don't have the experience to win a lot of games, so just sit back and enjoy the ride. Any draft with a Vic or Scoot prize up top is worth a rough season!!

3. MystikArkitect

This season is about developing our young talent.

So far it's been a unmitigated disaster on that front. So bad that several outlets I've heard are legit worried about Jabari's development and that players straight up won't want to come here.

4. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

I’m okay with Using Tyty in the rotation and see what he can do. Or even a vet pg, just dont know who is a good get. Uncle Dennis was kind of nice at the end of last season

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I wouldn't even want to bring one in until next season... They'd have him off ball , standing at the 3 point line in this dumb ass system..

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What is TyTy's injury? How long is he going to be out? I never see or hear about him and his injury anymore.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

We got a PG….his name is Nix.

coachbadlee likes this.
  8. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

[​IMG]

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't mind us signing Rondo If he still has some juice left.

Dobbizzle and sinan28 like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Russell Westbrook is available.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Kyrie Irving baby!!!

14. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Dlo oddly enough since we just saw him. He is a proven starting floor general, is still relatively young and his value has never been lower

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

wouldn't matter which PG we had, this place would attack them anyway

jeevinesh likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Nobody available that would help this team would beat out KPJ for the majority of the minutes. Signing a DJ Augustine type who has experience but no real credibility as the team leader wont do much good either since I figure the funk with this team is more on the court than off.

I think it’s best to stay the course but I do think Silas needs to be challenged more from the GM, and other assistants to be more assertive, and maybe for a few weeks dictate the ball going through Jalen to start the offense. Just see what he might have the potential to develop into.

I think the best improvement we can have in PG play actually should come from the bench. Hollins and Lucas know how to coach. I’m sure they could do a better job of being more assertive, but don’t want to overstep their roles to help Silas find his groove. I think it’s time for those guys to step up and have a come to Jesus talk with him.

There is no silver bullet point god just waiting to be
    picked up out of free agency. These guys need to be COACHED.

Easy and baller4life315 like this.
  17. maj21

maj21 Member

These kind of posts are funny to me. Asking what PGs can we trade for like you’re Rafael Stone or something lol. It’s irrelevant bc we don’t make those decisions. Dumb post, they’re not doing anything this season

18. Brad Newley the Goat

John Wall would be perfect...

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind playing Christopher more at PG if he would stop shooting so much.

Give Tyty a shot too but he's still a very inexperienced rookie and we can use a stable 20 minutes per game from someone to see how the other pieces play with a pass-first PG.

I wish Nix were 15-20lbs lighter, he'd still be strong AF. Fat doesn't give you strength it just allows you to absorb contact better. We don't need that at all from him, all we need is for him to be a bit quicker on defense, hit the open 3pter, set up the offense.

I would much rather a vet at PG than a vet at C at this point in time as much as I love Boban. KPJ is improving just fine, but I think it's important that how the squad looks is not bottle necked by how KPJ's development is going. Silas does not seem great at making use of off ball shooting (KPJ, Green and Jabari are excellent-ellite catch and shooters) and he doesn't have a vet PG on the floor who knows how to take advantage of that.

Might be an idea to sign someone even for just a few months to accelerate their development. DJ Augustin was fine I guess, but it would be nice to do better than that. Avery Bradley may be able to fit. Elfrid Payton is also available I think.

20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

to be fair stone is a clutchfans level gm

I think the biggest hold back is the fact that no player in the league would willingly play here