1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Happens to John Wall?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 24, 2021.

?

John Wall

1. Traded

139 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. Stays

134 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Depends how badly Morey wants to dump Simmons. Does Wall and a pick or two get it done? Depends how badly OKC would like to cut a year off of Kemba's contract (can the Rockets get a pick back)?

If those two scenarios don't happen, I can't see him anywhere but here.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Anything that keeps him off the floor. Trade, buyout, the Al Horford/OKC treatment, whatever. Keep him far away from this organization

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Will it net us another lottery pick? I'm not necessarily opposed, although I would like to get back to building an actual team that can compete for a playoff spot. Not a fan of sitting out and not having the stress that comes with it.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

John Wall will lead us to another lotto pick no doubt…even if he’s gone, I still think we’re lotto bound next year regardless…hopefully the team is at least building some sort of identity in the process

Highlyrated, DCHAMP and ElPigto like this.
  5. photojoe

photojoe Member

Waiting until he's a $45million expiring is way better than giving up 1 frp + 1 srp
    We should be trying to accumulate as many draft picks and young players as possible- not giving them away to save our owner money. What would we do with that cap space? No big time free agents are going to choose to come here until we start being more successful anyway

rhee likes this.
  6. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The issue is the cap space. There are key players to both retain and attain but that cap won't allow it. Rockets are doomed if Wall isn't somehow moved.

7. Denovo

Denovo Member

Wall’s contract is over at the same time as Wood and KPJ. We’re fine.

8. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I forgot he was on the team

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

We are. Holmgren or Banchero next draft.

10. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

6man

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  11. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Lmaooooo

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He ain't going anywhere but hopefully we can convince him to do surgery this off-season and let him rehab next season so we can let our guys get more development time.

13. mightybosstone

If you have to give up first round picks, why not just buy him out at that point? It's not like him eating up the cap to play for another team is going to hurt Houston, because they're not exactly going to be in the market for marquee free agents anytime soon. Especially if you can convince him to give back $10 million-$20 million of that $90+ million, why not?

The only obstacle I see to a buyout happening is stuffing his face with jump shrimp and hushpuppies at a Landry's somewhere right about now.

14. WiltTheStilt13

Where is the option for holding up the Larry O'Brien trophy next year with KJ, Porter, C-Wood, EG, and Mobley

15. kiwirocketsfan

Want him gone, expect to be stuck with him

16. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’d give up Wall, Gordon, and a 1 or 2 of those Brooklyn picks for Simmons

I think Simmons is very valuable as a 4

KPJ/Green/Tate/Simmons/Wood would be a very versatile team

rhee and Plowman like this.
  17. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I wish it were that easy.

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I have been saying it until I am blue in the face but I still see the Knicks, unlikely this offseason, but a real possibility at the trade deadline. He needs to play to entice them but I don't want him starting and I am definitely don't want him injured. I want him rested and looking his best before we have to tie two 2nds to him to dump for a poo poo platter hopefully full of expiring or easily dumped contracts. I know its hard but I want the decks cleared for two max slots next summer.

Aruba77 likes this.
  19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

To be fair, Kemba just brought back some halfway decent assets, while trading out a mid 1st
    It is possible that Wall has more game left in him than Kemba, and he certainly has a shorter deal.

Having said that, the only team I could possibly see taking on Wall would be the Bulls, and only if they were so desperate to make the playoffs (having missed out on other PG options in the off-season).

Sadly he most likely stays and plays to increase his value.
    I feel like moving on and opening the playing time to develop KPorter is important

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

No player is untradeable. Knicks possibly the Simmons trade is interesting if you also give them Gordon and some picks.

I always thought we trade him as an expiring tied to picks and young players to get the next disgruntled star.