1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think about Watson?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Apr 27, 2017.

?

How will watson turn out?

Poll closed May 27, 2017.
  1. Goat

12.6%
  2. Great

54.8%
  3. Average

22.2%
  4. below average

5.9%
  5. Terrible

4.4%
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

So far, all the commentators/coaches/FOs have said "he's a winner". That scares me to death.

Feels like a reach.

Mahomes is going to be special.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Man Romo can't catch a break even in retirement.

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

It's not going to be Rodgers. However, just knowing we finally have a QB to rally behind since Schaub feels good.

4. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

IMO was the best QB coming out a terribly weak QB class that will only be average at best.

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I would have been fine taking Watson at 25, and I would have been fine trading up to 20 to get Mahomes. This is way too much to spend on Watson who has some flaws. There is always the chance that this team can implode next season if this does work out and the Browns will have their top pick.

Lots of risks but if Watson does turn out to be a decent NFL qb it will be worth it. We'll see.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Typical for you. I called him a "kid" because he reminds me of my own son who's around the same age and I guarantee that I do not have "reduced expectations" for my son. So there will be no misunderstanding: I REALLY LIKE the young man. I love his attitude and demeanor. I am impressed by what he's had to overcome - especially his working 4 jobs to help his family when his mother was fighting cancer. That interview of him with his mother brought tears to my wife's eyes. He is everything you ask for in a prospective player. Only folks like yourself would interject his racial background into this conversation but that's what you do.

7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Even if he is a bust, at least we finally made a move for a QB instead of relying on back ups lol.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I think it was the right move. Time to take a chance on a kid with real upside. The way he played against BAMA both on the biggest stage is encouraging. Considering what you were willing to pay an average Brock I think this is a low risk move if the kid can prove to read NFL defenses and they make moves to improve the offensive line.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That is what they said last year and the year before except the Andrew Luck draft. Andrew lucks come around once every 10 years or so.

Phillyrocket likes this.
  10. Mr. Space City

btw every qb class is weak.

if there was so many strong qb classes there wouldn't be such terrible qb play all over the nfl right now.

sammy, Phillyrocket, MadMax and 2 others like this.
  11. Perki-Perk

Perki-Perk Member

LOL, racist? Really? I have commonly referred to all college kids as, well kids and so do a lot of people in the league. It's a common reference for people younger than you when you are a grown as adult. smh. If you want to look for racism in everything and you set up your own paradigm, you will find it.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can anyone provide me with examples of quarterbacks in the past 15 years (no Dan Marino, bruh) that threw a TONNNNNNNNNN of picks in college, but became efficient in the NFL?

texans1095 likes this.
  13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Why? How is he different than other Tech QBs?

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I am quite sure that the vast majority of people do not refer to black QBs as "kid" and that there have been white QBs referred to as "kid". Do you only apply this to football or is it all society? I doubt Billy "the kid" Wagner or "Kid" Keuchel feel disrespected.

15. liveguy

liveguy Member

16. Jay713

Jay713 Member

"take that for data..."

17. cdain3

cdain3 Member

I know you said the past 15 years but......

Drew Brees - 20 ints in 1998 (led the nation)
    Matt Ryan - 19 ints in 2007
    Carson Palmer -18 ints in 2000

#77 cdain3, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Ziggy and houstonstime like this.
  18. cdain3

cdain3 Member

19. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

Dre loves it!

We all know Dre is super quiet, reserved, chooses his words wisely so for him to say that the Deshaun pick made him excited...you gotta take notice.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It applies to football QBs, as I clearly stated. Go through the Teddy Bridgewater thread for more examples. No red herrings from you.