1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What adjustments do we have to make?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, May 1, 2019.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

@bulkatron
    I made a purchase today for the cause
    [​IMG]

JK my wife’s Punjabi so I had an extra at the house

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep

3. stefanb

stefanb Member

I'm not going to say start Nene. But a few more minutes would be nice. I can be dramatic sometimes about the Rockets so i probably said something like "give nene 48 mins and send Capela to the end of the bench" which is wrong. But yeah he made some nice off the ball defensive plays last night i noticed. Which resulted in forced shots by GSW. I'd like to see more of that.

HP3 likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Me too. Im all for giving Nene more minutes....just a few more though.

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

May your obstacles be removed

I just read your spoiler, now he might add obstacles for your impunity. Go to Hillcroft ASAP!

6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Have an offensive system in place for when our original plan goes out the window instead of looking like Lamar trying to run an offense against Team USA.

BigShasta and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. likestohypeguy

Protect them corneas boys.

[​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This.

The warriors have completely took away our PnR threat and what is our counter?

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Rogue Beluga One has transmitted the plans for Golden State. Their were many sacrifices.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Man.....I hate Pat Riley right now. He really screwed us over.

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

1. Initiate the first move earlier in the clock. Don't get stuck with a bad look at the end.
    2. Go to the basket to draw the defender from the left corner. That's where the help is coming from. Pass to the left corner.
    3. Don't lob until/unless the defender commits to you. They're faking at the driver and backing up to disrupt the lob.
    4. If you're screened, step back and put your body on the basket side of the screener while your teammate switches onto the ball handler. No more open slips to the hoop.
    5. Box out. No more 1-on-4 offensive rebounds for the Warriors. You're paid real money to do this job.
    6. Trade Iman Shumpert for Kevin Durant.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Be more aggressive and play with confidence.

Crash the defensive boards

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

We need a bigger, stronger, more athletic center (too late for that)
    We need some shooters off the bench. (too late for that also)
    We need high percentage shooters in the starting lineup (we don't have any)
    We need a 7-foot power forward that can score and rebound (we don't have one)
    We need at least two "lockdown" defenders. (we don't have any)
    The only thing left is to "play harder!"

14. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

15. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

start Rivers and bench harden for his eyes. If caplea still low efficiency, I will start Faried at 4 and move tucker to 3

16. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

We need to start the attack early on offense. Here is the reason why

BigShasta likes this.
  17. carib

carib Member

Capela is a key anchor for protecting the rim, grabbing the rebounds on defense. In a lot of defensive sets Capela ends up on the perimeter. The Warriors using the defensive switch to their advantage having Capela guarding on the perimeter and a Rockets guard ending up nearer to the basket trying to get the rebound dealing with a team with more length or driving to basket with Capela trailing or out of the play. This has been working well for the Warriors so far this series. Regardless the help defenders are going to have to make key plays to win this series.

On the offensive side Capela is key in using vertical space. When the Rockets rebound and push it down court there are times Capela/Faried has gotten slightly behind Green for a possible quick score before the Warriors defense sets. If the pass in the air or otherwise is good the only thing Warriors defense will do is for Green or the help defender coming over from the side to try for a block, steal or foul. The Rockets don't push the ball that often unless Gordon or Rivers gets a pass and makes an aggressive move to the basket before the defense sets. House needs to make some of these aggressive moves too if possible. As a previous poster pointed out Green sort of hangs by the rim to take away the lob threat and wait till Harden gets closer to the basket. Harden rarely stops and shoots a short range (less than 10 feet from the basket) or mid range jump shot (despite being elite with that shot, like Paul) so it is important that he makes his floaters. If he is hitting the floaters with regularity it puts Green in a bind as to whether he needs to start stepping out to Harden rather than wait at the rim. Which could free Capela or the corner shooter if the Warriors wing defender helps out to disrupt Capela. Capela may have move around a little in his area or be a little further away from the rim before the Rockets attempt a shot making it harder for Green and others to box him out as he crashes the board with more room to maneuver . Over the years Kerr has sent double teams to Harden or Paul when they get across half court or dribble to the left side or right side or the very corner to either get a steal, turnover or force have one the Rockets players usually standing on the perimeter to be forced to create a shot for themselves or another teammate. Like the idea of occasionally having both Faried or Capela on floor at the same time though the Coach is going to worry however about the spacing on offense. I hope MDA ends up rotating all three bigs (Capela, Faried and Nene) in each game.

Sorry for the long post. Hoping for the Rockets win game 3 and on wards.

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I’ll sum up my thoughts with two word “be disciplined”

We have been careless as hell and still had a chance to take both games at their home even with how bad we played.

19. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Make fewer mistakes and Harden simply needs to take over the game as he did throughout the season. That's all is needed to win against GSW. Wanting refs to call obvious fouls and talking about injuries won't win games so Harden just needs to suck it up and dominate. People saying that they have figured out how to guard Harden is BS. I do not think any other adjustments are needed and frankly, let's get real, D'Antoni won't make any drastic adjustments anyways even if it might be effective like mid-range jumpers, etc. Yes, it's not fair that losses should be blamed on Harden but this type of media coverage comes with the territory and if Rockets gets eliminated again then it will again be blamed on Harden. So simply put, Harden just needs to be lethal and give whatever he can on the court as if it's his last game.

20. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Maybe try with Capela off the bench. And go small from the start. Switch all D from warriors eliminates the pick&roll which takes away the lob to Capela. Draymond is too good playing 1 on 2 D. We need to take him away from the basket with a shooter. If they overplay Harden’s step back 3 he’d have a field day driving to the rim and they’d have to rotate over and leave one shooter always open. Then it would be up to the role players just making these shots.

But then we’d have an even bigger rebounding issue. So idk. Worth a try.