1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

West. Conf. Games today

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mozart123, Feb 25, 2009.

1. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

it is not fun to watch jazz turn it over already. I tuned to spurs vs blazers, whoever getting beaten is just fine :D

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I expect them to win their division. At this point, how can they not be the favorite?

3. jlwee

jlwee Member

No suprise. I know a lot of you hate Jazz but you have to admit they are one tough team and now with Boozer back, they are damn deep. Heck, even CJ Miles looks like a solid player now.
    Jazz is one team i wish the Rockets can avoid in the 1st round at all cost simply because:
    (1) They have the mental edge against us,
    (2) Yao has no answer to Okur's physical defense,
    (3) Yao has no answer against Boozer's jumper and it will force Adelman to play Hayes more,
    (4) Williams will abuse Brooks and Lowry,
    (5) Jazz's physical play and Sloan dirty tactics will cause Artest to go crazy....

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

haha funny in bold

5. ubigred

nice feed, looks and runs smooth on my laptop.

Do you have a feed for the portland game?

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Atlanta is actually injured tonight too...no Bibby and Josh Smith is out for personal reasons.

This is purely conjecture (not sure if that's the right word), but I think the FG% is more of a result that Denver is good at baiting you into a run and gun game that leads to 8 second possessions and jump shots. But I'll say Denver's D looks better this year than last (the few games I've seen), and looks a lot better than Atlanta's D...but I still also think they're inconsistent.

7. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Jazz down 4 at half.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There was nothing at all funny about it during the 2007 playoffs.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Anthony Mason blew up. Showed him in the MSG crowd. Mobley also chatted briefly about his health earlier in the game.

10. NateNate

NateNate Member

anyone have a link to portland and SA?

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So far, Portland is doing everything they can to lose in San Antonio. If they play focused in the 2nd half, it's obvious they will win the game.

12. yobod

yobod Member

All you people rooting for the Spurs are misguided. We have the tie-breaker over them, plus we are a better team than them and face them one more time in OUR HOUSE. If we can slide within two of the Spurs, we still play them twice, and could possibly take over the division lead. Never root for the upper team when scoreboard watching....you always want to aim up.

13. jlwee

jlwee Member

Precisely. In fact you can add Joey Przybilla and Marc Gasol with Okur as the White boys squad who give Yao fit!

14. ubigred

its actually more of an indictment on Yao's game that it being funny. :(

15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

looks like we are not gaining any benefits from tonight's games, NO, Utah and Dallas all leading in the 4th quarter now.

16. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Utah is up 7 with 7 to go in the fourth, playing better in the 2nd :mad:

NO was in a close game with Pistons, but up 5 with seven minutes to go, Chris Paul doesn't seem to relinquish leads.

SA is going to beat Portland,don't be delusional SA is a lot better than the Rockets when healthy, and I'd rather see us being the third or 4th seed which is where we belong.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Blake should have been ejected, swung at Oberto and missed. Blazers, for all their talent, are inconsistent. Roy can't carry the team when offense is struggling. He's struggling himself tonight.

18. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Credit to SA defense tho, the coaches and their players, they're just true professionals (except Bowen) they really play like a team, they defend well, unselfish and they know their roles, makes watching Spurs games satisfying

NO up three, looks like they're going to win.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Blake and Rudy have been brutal tonight. The Blazers have no chance to win when two key guys go 1/15. They may put up a fight in the 4th quarter but the Spurs dodge a bullet and win another game missing both TD and Manu.

The Blazers way of defending TP is easy to describe: Stupid.

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

What do they do?