1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

West. Conf. Games today

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mozart123, Feb 25, 2009.

1. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Some of the games today that could determine West Standings

Utah at Minnesota (Utah has been on a roll, but they're a horrible road team, however Wolves without Jefferson)

Detroit at New Orleans (Detroit is imploding, losing seven straight, can they upset the Hornets?)

Milwaukee at Dallas (Dirk has been playing like crap the last 3 games, but I think the Mavs win this one)

Portland at San Antonio (Does Duncan play? Parker can't carry team twice on his back, I hope San Antonio wins because the Rockets are not going to be the 2nd Seed)

Atlanta at Denver (Denver has been on a spiral and after a beatdown from the C's, they're probably looking to give a much better effort, Atlanta needs to play a lot better than they have been on the road)

2. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Utah should roll easily. They are healthy again and playing very very well as of late.
    Utah - 108
    Minnesota 93

New Orleans should win. Just like Terry Porter with the Suns, Michael Curry needs to be fired.
    New Orleans - 93
    Detroit - 81

Dallas will win. Villa-noeyebrows has been playing very well. But I think Dallas remembers what happened to them when they played in Milwaukee.
    Dallas - 102
    Bucks - 89

I feel this is a trap game in which Portland will win. I hate it, but it happens.

Portland - 94
    Spurs - 89

Atlanta will destroy Denver tonight. I just have a feeling. But it'll probably be wrong.

Atlanta - 117
    Nuggs - 95

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Portland vs. Spurs

Who the hell do we root for?

4. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Spurs, because we probably aren't going to be the 2nd seed, and btw on yahoo sports now, Duncan is out with Quad injury :mad:

I doubt Parker can hold it up again but the Blazers are a weak road team and the Spurs role players are exact scrub like like NO.

I just hope the Spurs win.

5. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

at the moment spurs

6. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

No way...I'm definitely rooting for Portland on this one.

It's like last night - I was going for Dallas despite them being right behind the Rockets. 2 GB of the division crown would've been nice.

You can't be looking behind you - up is the only way to aim when you're scoreboard watching.

Plus, it's the Spurs. F*** the Spurs.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Atlanta is 10-10 vs the West, 13-18 on the road, and Denver is 20-7 at home. If you put a $10 bet on Atlanta to win tonight, you'd probably win $40.

All that said, Atlanta does have a chance to win. Denver is injured and Atlanta is healthy again. Denver likes to go up and down, which Atlanta would love to do with their athletes too because they have an inconsistent half court game. These are two teams who are very similar to each other when it comes to high-flying athleticism and lack of attention to defensive detail.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Two big games i'll be watching tonight...

ATL-Den: We need Atlanta to win this won of course, any time a east team beats a west it's just a bonus for us, but if they do beat Denver we can surpass Den tommorow with a win.

Then...Portland vs San Antonio. Portland will tie with us if they win, but if San Antonio loses, it will bring them that much closer to us. So i'm going for Portland, they will tie with us but I think that 5 spot looks right for them :p

9. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Denver is 4th in FG% defense, just saying as much as I feel Denver is inconsistent of Defense.

10. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

11. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It looks like he got a double-double in the 1st quarter along with 4 blocks. Beast.

12. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

lol, the Jazz are hilarious, down 14-6 on the road against the puppies without Jefferson :D

13. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

There is a possibility that jazz lose, NO blows out Detroit, and San Antonio loses, and Hawks beat Nuggets.

14. BrooksBall

The Jazz were outscored 27-7 in the first quarter in NJ earlier this season. They went on to win by double digits.

15. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

I know the jazz are capable, but its still sad that they're down 12 to the Wolves, they're just a bad road team.

16. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

they r catching up fast

17. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

I have confidence in the Wolves :cool:

18. BrooksBall

The Jazz have been without Williams, Boozer, Kirilenko and Okur for signficant stretches this season and their already strong bench got even stronger as a result. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win their division despite all that adversity now that everybody is back and they remained in the thick of things.

19. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

I have to agree, that the Jazz are a deep team, particularly with having Millsap,Kirilenko,Harpring, and Korver come off the bench.

20. BrooksBall

And the Jazz take the lead...